R.I.P. Michael Jeter

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

From E! Online:

REMEMBERED: Hollywood vet Michael Jeter, perhaps best known for his Emmy-winning role on Evening Shade and parts in The Green Mile and Jurassic Park III, died over the weekend in Los Angeles at the age of 50. Jeter also won a Tony for Grand Hotel.

2. Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair Forum Resident

Well, I will always remember him first from his role in 'The Fisher King'.

A great frickin' actor, in my opinion, and he will be greatly missed.

My thoughts to his loved ones.

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

That's a shame...R.I.P. Do you know the cause? So young.

4. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Evening Shade - another good sitcom. Lost without syndication due to the stars arrogance causing the network to cancel the required "7th Season".

I seem to remember an episode where "the guys" got caught outside without their clothes. Jeter was hilarious in that one.

He will be missed.

5. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

Re: Re: R.I.P. Michael Jeter

Michael Jeter was HIV positive for a number of years, and my guess is that he passed away from AIDS complications. Very sad he was a very talented character actor.:(

6. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

R.I.P.

Attached Files:

7. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Re: Re: Re: R.I.P. Michael Jeter

Thanks Jeff.

8. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

He had a tendency to work with Robin Williams. He was in "The Fisher King," Patch Adams," and "Jakob The Liar."

9. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Fisher King is one of my favorite movies. Michael did a great character role in it. I remember him fondly from Evening Shade as well. It's a shame he's gone.

10. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

What role did he play in The Green Mile?
    I just saw his name the other day, but I cant remember what it referenced.

11. Re: Re: Re: R.I.P. Michael Jeter

We've had this discussion before folks. We must be careful about what we post. Many visitors here.

Michael Jeter's publicist said he died of natural causes. He had been in very good health over the past few years, despite being HIV positive. People had talked to him as late as Saturday. He was found in his home on Sunday.

Michael Jeter played Eduard 'Del' Delacroix in the Green Mile. The little guy on death row who had the pet mouse Mr. Jingles, IIRC.

12. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

My favorite role of his was from "The Fisher King", but both of my daughters love him as "Mr. Noodle" (or Mr. Noodle's brother, I guess, as Bill Irwin was the original) on those "Elmo's World" segments of Sesame Street from the last few years.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.