Standing Tall: a short film

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by norliss, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. norliss

norliss Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thought I'd take the liberty of posting a link to a short film I completed in 2016. If you can spare 15 minutes, take a look: I'd be interested to see what others make of it...

Dok, Alert and smilin ed like this.
  2. Alert

Alert Forum Resident

I watched it and it was very good.

Is the building facing any kind of threat or is this just a celebration of an old building attaining some glory through a modern, non-corporate use? That's an appealing story. However, I noticed it's only open three days a week. That alone will limit any commercial enterprise's ability to thrive and grow.

I live in New York and don't know anything about Cardiff, but this film gives me the sense that the Center's future is precarious. It seems to me that the people in the film are swimming against the tide.

I found it a little downbeat but, still, I enjoyed it.

Good job.

3. norliss

norliss Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks for watching @Alert

The building doesn't face any imminent threat that I'm aware of but given how the city centre has been developed (some would say over-developed) I suppose you can't bank on it being there in perpetuity. Truth be told, the owners aren't the best at promoting the place: even given how long it has been there, you'd be amazed at the amount of people completely unaware of its existence...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.