To Those Who Have Sold Me Vinyl Here...

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Myke, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

And now I have bought an album from him based on the album, the pressing, and of course, his previous honesty.

2. Myke

@Guy Gadbois - today I received my third purchase from this member. Oddly, it's once a year, three years running, but it is what it is.
    Justin goes in the Hall Of Fame based on conservative grading, and fair pricing, and fast shipping.
    Today it's my first ever quiet copy of Sticky Fingers. The 1979 Japanese ESS-63001.

klownschool and Guy Gadbois like this.
  3. Myke

@Chris Desjardin . THREE 50 year-old Buckinghams albums, in VG++ - NM condition !?!?!? HOW ? I don't know, but I'm sure happy !!!

klownschool and cwitt1980 like this.
  4. Myke

Thanks to @jon9091 , who back on July 6th, turned me on to outer bags for oversized albums like The Beatles' Mono Masters, and the Who Live At The Fillmore.
    Just rec'd here from Memphis, trying to get Mono Masters in the plastic was an exercise in frustration, but it finally made it all the way in.
    The Who Live At The Fillmore, by comparison, slid right in first time.
    This is the fourth time a member here has helped me in caring for my collection.
    @Cassius , for shipping my first-ever album received by mail, and not in person, introducing me to outer bags, which I had never seen before in my 52 years leading up to 2010.
    @klownschool , for pointing me towards Sleeve City, right here in my own state, plus what to buy from inners to outers.
    Another member I can't recall, for the BIG box set outer bags, sold by a guy on eBay.
    And now this. LP outer sleeves that are strong and durable and super clear.

I really do appreciate it y'all, hence this post.

5. zongo

zongo Forum Resident

Actually, where do you get outer bags for big box sets? Knowing that would be helpful to me. Thanks.

Rickchick and Myke like this.
  6. Myke

klownschool likes this.
  7. zongo

zongo Forum Resident

8. arcamsono

arcamsono Senior Member

I'm naive. What's that mean extra vinyl mean?

9. Myke

The hole was tight.

klownschool likes this.
  10. Rickchick

Rickchick Forum Resident

All of my feedback has been positive, so I hope to be added to the list of trust-worthy .

Tuna82, Shawn and chazz101s like this.
  11. Myke

So @vinyldoneright puts out a Savoy Brown UK 1st, and I grab it.

I'm so taken with the streamed music I'm hearing, I go after 2 more. Elsewhere.
    Next was a visually graded UK 1st, from an eBay seller who honestly states she doesn't know how to grade vinyl, but look at those photos ! I zoom in, and see no anomalies. $34 later, it arrives today. Lots of crackling. I get it wet, it helps. At least it's not skipping.
    Third, a UK 1st where the seller turns out to live 4/10 of a mile from me, and drops the price $10, just for being neighbors. Cool. More crackling, surface noise in the quiet spots, but again, no skips. Great !

The one I bought from Patrick in the first place...that introduced mt to the music of Savoy Brown...it arrived today too.
    My 7th purchase from him also, by the way.

Dead quiet. Sounds amazing, esp.after the other two. There's a reason reputations are made.

klownschool and Dave like this.
  12. Myke

@Spitfire .

How I missed mentioning him is beyond me. The man uses Whiplash mailers, and my records arrive in exactly the condition they left his home.
    I really appreciate it Don. Thank you.

13. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member

I use Whiplash mailers as well. Advice for those who sell vinyl - invest in these! You never have to worry about a record getting damaged in shipment. It's such a good feeling to mail an item out and KNOW it will arrive there in the same condition I sent it.

14. Myke

@dkurtis - In response to a simple, late-night post of mine, saying how I regretted pre ordering, and then cancelling twice, the MFSL One Step vinyl box of Bridge Over Troubled Water, offered me one of his extra boxes at cost, plus my choice of shipping method. He then proceeded to conscientiously pack the set, so that no harm would come to it. Two days later, this morning, it arrived, and I'm beyond happy with my purchase.

Don is a great representative of the spirit of this forum. Salute ! :tiphat:

coolcreek likes this.
  15. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

Thank you my friend for your very kind words. All of you here on this Forum are like brothers to me, and I am very often touched by those moments when one of you express a true desire or need. Whenever I see those posts, I always ask myself if there is some way I can assist. My desire to speculate on records melts into compassion when I read a post of heart felt sadness of missing out. I am a very bad businessman, because I desire to be a faithful friend.

coolcreek and Myke like this.
  16. Myke

Gotta repeat Dave's praises, and the record just shipped out today ! :laugh: But seriously folks, this will be my 7th buy from Dave, and I know from experience, I'll be very happy.
    Hadn't bought a record in 35 days, but one of Dave's is a little too hard to pass up, even on a budget.

Seek him out vinyl buyers, thank me later.

dasacco, Rickchick and dkurtis like this.
  17. Myke

Arrived early this morning, and of course it's better than described, condition-wise.

@Chris B and @ryan de topanga ...since 1979, I've never heard this album sound better. Tom was so Blessed to have the two of you involved with his sound. Hearing nuances I've never heard before, in 40 years !?!?
    I highly recommend to anyone that doesn't have the 2010 remastering on vinyl, to get it as soon as you can. I believe I see from Discogs, that all the vinyl releases since 2010 use Chris' mastering, so it is definitely affordable.
    Damn The Torpedoes indeed !

18. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

Yep. I always have to see what he has listed. The prices, packaging, and grading are always top notch! I sometimes buy things I never thought I would because the cost is too good. Lots of times I wind up liking it. I can afford to gamble on something I don't know that much about.

Kelby A. Thomas and Myke like this.
  19. Myke

@Quakerism : 2 record set from 1989 arrived exactly as described, all 4 sides played through without incident. Packed conscientiously in a new mailer.

Quakerism likes this.
  20. Myke

I don't know if people are just missing his thread, or they're Emmylou fans, that already have the box, or what ?!?!?!?
    Don is selling the 2017 RSD Bernie Grundman cuts of Emmy's first five albums, meticulously recreated right down to the inserts !!!!! for $60 which includes his superior shipping and packing !!!!!!

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thre...ilver-dollar-us-nonesuch-5-lp-box-set.893650/

21. Myke

Let's wake up this nearly 10 year-old sellers of vinyl recommendation thread.

Today I received my copy of End Of The Innocence from forum member @vinylsolution .
    He shipped quickly, album was packed well, better than the stated condition.
    Enjoy a secure, confident transaction when buying vinyl from this fine gentleman.

klownschool and vinylsolution like this.
  22. Myke

@FWatty : Paul packed this sealed copy of the Speakers Corner Santana Amigos conscientiously, therefore I received it in mint condition. Buy from him with confidence.

klownschool likes this.
  23. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Oof. Some of the posts in this thread are just the opposite experiences I’ve had with those particular members. Actually some of them are on my ignore list after multiple bad experiences :shrug:

Definitely have had some great experiences on here, but also plenty of straight up false grading of records, completely different record than what was listed for sale, or even harassment a couple times when a member would reply to my WTB posts asking a lot more than I said I’m willing to pay, and then I either countered it or just said no. Hell, once I even had some guy go on a rant to me about what an @$$ I was for not buying the piece of equipment he had apparently spent hours looking for in his storage unit, even though it wasn’t what I was looking for and way over the price I had listed. Okay buddy, be mad I guess? Glad to have the ignore button in those cases.

24. Myke

astro70 likes this.
  25. Myke

While I don't think we've ever had a transaction yet, I believe I'd be very comfortable buying from member @Sci-Fi Kid .
    In a listing he has today, he explains how the MOFIs he's selling, some have the infamous MOFI seam splits.
    He writes :
    " Albums will be packed securely in Acoustic Sounds or whiplash quality boxes. The last two of these titles listed already have the dreaded MoFi seam splits on the bottom and are priced accordingly. I will pack all these lovingly and tightly (with top to bottom pressure) to hopefully avoid the LPs sliding and causing seam splits, but nothing can be guaranteed and I will not be able to take back any sealed albums with new seam splits incurred during shipping to you. To help avoid this I am happily willing to take a video of me opening the LP and sending the video to you with your purchase or via email to prove it was sealed. The LPs can then be removed from the jacket for shipping to avoid any possible seam splits."

Communication. Simple. Now I'll see if in fact we've ever had a transaction or not.

Sci-Fi Kid likes this.