Unfunny Comedies?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by driverdrummer, Jul 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident Thread Starter

My least favorite comedy is Get Hard. Just a stinker of a film!

2. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Jeez, where to start?

"This is 40" - this is garbage!

"Cop Out" - how do you pair Bruce Willis and Tracy Morgan and come up entirely empty?

3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

That's your least favorite comedy of all-time? Really? :confused:

"Get Hard" is no classic, but it has more than a few funny moments. It's not a bad movie at all, much less the worst comedy of all-time.

I predict this thread will mostly be about well-regarded/big-name films people dislike, not really about truly terrible films...

AndrewK, George P, John B and 6 others like this.
  4. svoegtlin

svoegtlin Forum Resident

Although I think it's kind of funny.. I've never meet anyone who has felt this film was funny.. or entertaining.

5. svoegtlin

svoegtlin Forum Resident

I would also say the following film was pretty unfunny.. Shocking considering the talent involved

Jim N., FVDnz, vegafleet and 6 others like this.
  6. Daniel Plainview

I kinda found that part where Rip Torn drops his pants in front of Tom just as Julie Haggarty walks in sort of funny.

And Tom waking up the neighborhood using a nail gun on his skateboard ramp.

Licking open wounds and watching horses fornicate while eating a sandwich isn't my idea of funny, but I guess I have to admire his commitment to remain true to his own warped sense of humor.

7. It's Pat. The SNL sketches were funny until they beat the concept to death. There are some very funny people in the movie but there isn't a single decent laugh to be had. None.

8. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

I used to love that movie when it came out in 1997.

Granted I was 10 :angel:

9. Galeans

Galeans Forum Resident

Pleased to meet you: I'm Galeans and I think this movie is pretty hilarious in a grotesque kind of way.

10. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

I used to like Adam Sandler but he really stopped being funny in 1998. Grown Ups (1&2) are horrible movies IMO.

Jerry Horne, Severin22, FVDnz and 3 others like this.
  11. Daniel Plainview

"Jack and Jill" - I hate Adam Sandler but watched this just to see Al Pacino acting like a jackass. Mission accomplished. But my God, the other stuff that was supposed to be funny....who watches this crap? Does Sandler just keep experimenting to see how much more low-brow he can push things? Oh look, there's.....

"Grown Ups 2" - okay, I admit I was foolishly charmed by the first one, which was garbage, but mildly distracting garbage, but this sequel has absolutely nothing going for it. A lazy, worthless, shameful piece of trash that shouldn't even exist. When in the first 3 minutes of the film you have already seen a frightened deer (who has conveinently wandered into Adam Sandler's bedroom) urinating in the face of several cast members you know you are in trouble.

12. Complier

Complier Senior Member

"Best Defense"

13. ellaguru

ellaguru Forum Resident

id rather have a tequila hangover on an airplane than watch a movie where any of these names are involved:
    adam sandler
    billy crystal
    monty python
    will farrell
    mike myers
    chevy chase

G E, Morpheus, AidanB and 9 others like this.
  14. Daniel Plainview

Hangover 2 - I liked the first one well enough but this one kinda made me start to hate the whole franchise. Practically the same movie, just in a different location. Lame cash in. That lady at the strip club was hot, though.

Hangover 3 - Wait....did I even see this? I can't even remember anymore, that's how good it was.

poe_man, bababooey, TheVU and 3 others like this.
  15. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Ishtar. Painful in every sense of the word.
    And 1941 was not far behind

16. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

I've never laughed at anything involving Fred Armisen. Not even a chuckle.

poe_man, Rich-n-Roll, MarkO and 10 others like this.
  17. geo50000

geo50000 Forum Resident

As a single parent with 2 kids (now teenagers) I sat through my share of stinkers.
    But none so bad as Mike Myers' "The Cat In The Hat".
    Terrible movie - the attempts at sneaking in some 'adult humor' just come off as puerile and smutty.
    Even my kids didn't like it that much. And back then, they thought everything was funny.
    The only good thing about this movie is that there will not be a sequel - Dr. Seuss' wife withdrew the rights when
    she saw how appalling it was.

18. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

19. Not a movie but I watched an episode of 'Two Broke Girls' the other night and I'm struggling to think of anything more pathetic!

20. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

:D:D:D:laugh:
    You are correct.
    Everyone who posts here should list a couple movies that they do think is funny. Except for me.

Saint Johnny and Frankh like this.
  21. Yeah

Yeah Well-Known Member

I've enjoyed every movie Will Ferrell has been in except 'Bewitched' and it's his performance that makes the film so awful. It's like he's acting badly on purpose because no actor could really be that terrible.

MikaelaArsenault and Hot Ptah like this.
  22. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

no, it's really just a terrible movie!

MikaelaArsenault and Hot Ptah like this.
  23. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

Remove Chevy Chase and Billy Crystal (since I like a couple of their movies) and add Jim Carrey and you have my list.

24. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

Monty Python are way above most on that list ,and your plain wrong !!

25. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I've not seen "Bewitched" in 10 years, but apparently I agreed with you:

"Speaking of talent, Ferrell has plenty of it, but he doesn’t show it here. He does poorly in the role because he never makes Jack even remotely sympathetic or likable. Jack’s a cartoony buffoon and egotist who we actively dislike most of the time. Why would Isabel fall for that jerk? I have no idea, and this bad choice by Ferrell mars the film. Since he’s such a prick, we never understand or accept the romantic side of the story. Jack and Isabel connect because the movie tells them to do so; there’s no logic or integrity to that side of things."

MikaelaArsenault, eddiel and Yeah like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.