McCartney, Wings & "WILD LIFE" POLL:

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Psychedelic Good Trip, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

Inexplicably Bip Bop has 29 votes so far :)

2. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere Thread Starter

Love the BIP!!

3. Hokeyboy

Hokeyboy Nudnik of Dinobots

Mumbo is... well, it's Mumbo. But I find myself drawn to its nonsensical energy.

Love Is Strange is a fun pseudo-cover.

Some People Never Know is a good pop tune and the best song off the album.

The rest can go pound sand. Dear Friend is weak, Wild Life goes on far too long and was never that good to begin with, and Paul's annoyingly awful wailing of "Oh-ohhhhhhhhhh" throughout Tomorrow is grating.

Bip Bop... yikes.

gja586 and Psychedelic Good Trip like this.
  4. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Simple. I voted 29 times. ;)

5. Arnold Grove

Impressive and discerning taste... ;)

6. Mister President

Mister President Forum Resident

Like it more than I use too but shorten Some People Never Know and Dear Friend and add Mama's Little Girl and you have a better album.

1882 and Indeed I Do and I think Hey Diddle could have been worked on for this album too but he obviously was in a rush.

7. Psychedelic Good Trip

8. Arnold Grove

Bring on the Deluxe Archive Wild Life with a whole Europe 1972 concert included on a bonus disc.

9. Psychedelic Good Trip

Like BIG TIME!!!:edthumbs:

Wish I could request it from Paul.

Terrapin Station and JDeanB like this.
  10. Frank

Frank Senior Member

-Wild Life
    -Some People Never Know
    -I Am Your Singer
    -Tomorrow
    -Dear Friend

11. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Really truly??? :)

12. joepepitone

joepepitone Forum Resident

Great record. I voted for 1, 2, 3 and 4. I'm going to listen to it this weekend. I'll return and vote for the rest too.

13. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I like the whole thing really, but in the spirit of choosing "favorites" I went with Mumbo/Some People/Tomorrow.

14. slane

slane Forum Resident

Some People Never Know (not a second too long)
    Dear Friend (not long enough ;))
    Wild Life
    Tomorrow

Bip Bop Link would have got a vote if it was listed. I like all the tracks though...

15. Joel1963

Joel1963 Senior Member

I voted Dear Friend. Didn't care for it much early on but its power crept up on me.

16. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

I'm a fan of the whole album, but my favorites are "Bip Bop", "Wild Life" and "Tomorrow"

JDeanB and Psychedelic Good Trip like this.
  17. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

Yeah it seems to get mentioned here a lot. I like it--obviously, as I just noted that I'm a fan of it, but I'd rank it towards the bottom of a McCartney/Wings list.

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  18. scocs

scocs Forum Resident

How come "None" isn't one of the choices?

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  19. scocs

scocs Forum Resident

I will say that I bawled my eyes out when they played "Dear Friend" on the radio the night Lennon was killed. Hearing that song still sends shivers up my spine....

20. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

I voted for Dear Friend, but I admit that I haven't paid close attention to the rest of the album and that I should give it another play.

21. BeSteVenn

BeSteVenn FOMO Resident

Big Bop out of respect and admiration for the wit and wisdom of Arnold Grove.

Besides, it's my humble opinion that the performance holds up better than anything else on the record.

22. milo

milo Forum Resident

I like them all. One of my favorite albums, I love the raw unproduced vibe, unlike most other Macca offerings.

23. SKATTERBRANE

SKATTERBRANE Forum Resident

I remember seeing this LP at a record store when it first came out. There was no mention of Paul McCartney on the cover. But man, that guy sure LOOKS like Paul! I bought it immediately. It is still my favorite Wings album. But McCartney and Ram I still prefer.

24. WorldB3

WorldB3 Forum Resident

Voted for:

Love Is Strange
    Some People Never Know
    Tomorrow
    Dear Friend

I think if they released this album with a live version of Wild Life and added the Mess with what I voted for this record would be thought of much higher (maybe even add Little Woman Love to fill it out).

I think Some People Never Know, Tomorrow and Dear Friend are top shelf McCartney so never understood the backlash, decent album put out at the wrong time I guess.

25. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

I like pretty much the whole thing too. Although Bip Bop is just okay and I'm Am Your Singer is probably my LEAST favorite here (I've always thought that Linda secretly wrote this).

No, it's not a great album but it's an album full of McCartney 'charm'. If you get (and like) that 'charm' you'll probably like the album. There's a lot more charm here than say... Speed of Sound (I like it but for different reasons). I can also understand why many would call it their least favorite. :shrug:

gja586 and Psychedelic Good Trip like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.