Three Stooges Collection DVDs

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by HGN2001, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

2. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

3. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

One of the clips - yes.

4. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

My 3 year old daughter is getting into the Stooges. I have been spinning the DVDs and watching a couple of shorts with her in the evening. I am noticing on Vol. 1 and 2 that all of a sudden there appears to be audio drop outs on some of the shorts which I never noticed before. I noticed this on "Ants in the Pantry," "Disorder in the Court," "Slippery Silks," "We Want Our Mummy" and "Yes, We Have No Bananza." It is like the audio drops out and starts to sound very echoey. I don't have another player to run the discs through at my house but I have restarted the Blu-ray player (a Sony) and instead of running through the home theater I ran the sound through the TV and same thing, even after ejecting the disc and restarting the player. Could it be a disc issue, a player issue? Maybe the Blu-ray player is wearing out, it is several years old but is a pretty solid player compared to many that are now being produced. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this with their Stooges (or other) DVDs.

5. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

In our area, Antenna TV is airing episodes of The Joey Bishop Show.
    Joe Besser was part of the cast for four seasons.
    Until I saw it, I didn't know that.

6. Derek Gee

Derek Gee Senior Member

No issues on my DVD's. Check your discs for scratches & fingerprints. Clean them with a soft cloth if necessary. If they're clean & scratch-free, then I would suspect the player. Maybe take them to a friends house to see if they play ok there?

Derek

7. sa5150

sa5150 Forum Resident

It's really sad that no blu-rays are being considered for at least the Curly shorts , I would like all 190 but everyone seems to be happy with there dvds . They were remastered in HD so it would not take much to put them in a nice slim blu-ray package .

8. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member Thread Starter

Just watched all of "Ants In The Pantry" and witnessed no dropouts at all.

Benno123 and MikeInFla like this.
  9. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

I think you're a victim of soicumstance.

Nyuk nyuk nyuk.....

jtsjc1, Benno123 and rburly like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.