Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series Volume 15 (Travelin’ Thru 1967-1969 (1st November 2019) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mbd77, Sep 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All! Thread Starter

So we know that vol. 14 will be the Blood On The Tracks.

Can we start speculating about vol. 15?

Hopes? Fears? Expectations? Rumours? Hunches?

2. Champagne Boot

Champagne Boot Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride

Top 5 wishlist:
    1. Supper Club '93 (including rumored film footage)
    2. Early 80s (Infidels/'84 tour/Empire Burlesque)
    3. More comprehensive Rolling Thunder (Full '75 and '76 shows, with a strong visual element from Renaldo and Clara, both Hard Rain variants, the rumored RTR documentary)
    4. Planet Waves/Tour '74
    5. Some kind of NET compendium, though this strikes me more as an after-he's-done kind of project

3. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

1966 film. Concerts or home movies, doesn't matter. Including late 1965 footage.

Everything else is 2nd, but 2nd place ain't bad either.

Lars1966, ash1, Paul W and 2 others like this.
  4. Champagne Boot

Aren't Dont Look Back, the Mickey Jones DVDs, No Direction Home, Cutting Edge, Live 1966, the 1966 Live Recordings box, etc. enough for this period? 1965-66 have been done to death.

5. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

Agreed. I can’t take another release from that era.

a customer, Dave59, JayB and 2 others like this.
  6. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

For you and some others, maybe. Just wait until you see a 1966 concert pieced together.

7. Champagne Boot

If enough footage existed to actually do that, it would already be out there.

vitorbastos123 and mpayan like this.
  8. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

JWH sessions?

eyeCalypso, jlykos, Tuck1977 and 22 others like this.
  9. inaptitude

inaptitude Forum Resident

I'm hoping we can get out of the 60s and 70s, skip the 80s please and dive back into the 90s or 00s.

Maurice, Tribute, Vinyl_Blues and 5 others like this.
  10. Champagne Boot

Are those in Tulsa? I seem to remember some speculation that since they didn't do a copyright protection release on JWH, there either wasn't anything there, or not enough to make a separate release.

EDIT: I misremembered:

Bob Dylan’s Tulsa Archive: An Exclusive Inside Look – Rolling Stone

IronWaffle and four sticks like this.
  11. RoyalPineapple

RoyalPineapple It ain't me in the photo, babe.

I think 1975/1976, Supper Club and Infidels will be the next few releases.

DmitriKaramazov likes this.
  12. ymenard

ymenard Forum Resident

The Never-ending Tour : 1997-2004 two discs per year (16CD), with a best-of double album. No audience recording, only use high-quality show tapes.

See how much sales you can get from that, then if it works, expand it with 1988-1996 (Bootleg Series 16) and 2004-2012 (Bootleg Series 17).

Sherman, Maurice, SoundDoctor and 6 others like this.
  13. RoyalPineapple

It's a nice idea, but the Rolling Stone "source" suggested they unfortunately have few decent recordings from that period, with audience tapes being superior to the official recordings.

14. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident

Mbd77 likes this.
  15. Mbd77

16. Mbd77

There are no ‘Street Legal Piano Demos’.

Or ‘I’m Cold’.

:realmad:

There is a 1977 Rundown tape with some Street Legal songs, but I wouldn’t call them ‘Piano demos’.

17. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I never saw the appeal of the Supper Club shows.

I’d like to have a Time Out Of Mind era box next please.

SoundDoctor, JRM, Dave Hoos and 4 others like this.
  18. RoyalPineapple

I'm not a fan of The Supper Club recordings either; probably unfashionable to say it, but I think he did a much better job on the re-attempt for MTV Unplugged (even if the setlist was watered down from his initial plan).

But they've got pro audio and video of the Supper Club gigs, and it's been suggested as a contender for a few years now.

19. fallbreaks

fallbreaks Forum Resident

I hope it's a video release - Eat the Document (versions), Renaldo and Clara, Toronto 80, Supper Club, Masked and Anonymous live sessions, etc. I don't think they're strong enough to stand on their own as a individual commercial releases, but amassed together, it would make a great addition to the Bootleg Series.

Aside from that, I hope it focuses on Infidels, maybe bleeding from Shot of Love to Empire Burlesque. The time is right.

blueslover99 likes this.
  20. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident

I know. I was teasing...

Mbd77 likes this.
  21. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

I have no idea what they'll be doing next, but I know what's needed. They need to drop the other shoe on The Cutting Edge.

Now that Bootleg Series 14 is done, the Dylan camp needs to devote all their energy to revising and expanding and upgrading The Complete Live 1965 Recordings. Those horrid mp3's and mp3's converted to flacs that made excellent tapes sound distant, hollow and faded. Now they can remaster the tapes for a 20-CD box-set to match the The Live 1966 Recordings CD brick. The arc of creative growth and music progression is startling in 1965 and infinitely more expansive than in 1966. Dylan was way out there on a limb in his ideas and approaches in 1965. Like Bobby Neuwirth says about the UK concerts in the Dont Look Back, "nobody had seen anything like this before, not ever."

They need to get The Complete Live 1965 Recordings done on CD so that the Bootleg Series can move on.

GreenFuz, Paul W, BlueJay and 6 others like this.
  22. cable hogue

cable hogue Forum Resident

The complete David Bromberg sessions.

23. PADYBU

PADYBU Forum Resident

Just this tbh

Sluggy, ccn103 and Jimmy B. like this.
  24. rihajarvi

rihajarvi Forum Resident

supper club still in the pipeline? really? still crazy after all these years, are we? well, it might certainly be a nice change of pace for some folks after all these mega box sets, but that's all i can say about it

gimme the complete pre-electric years or burlesque infidels knocked out in the groove, or perhaps the rolling alimony revue 1978: the tapes we didn't erase. all this, of course, after any presumptive RTR sets, which i'm banking on being their own separate entities like the '66 brick

WilliamWes likes this.
  25. RoyalPineapple

The 1965 recordings just aren't as good as the '66 ones, they'd still sound rough around the edges in lossless form.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.