Anna and the Apocalypse - Christmas Zombie Musical

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris DeVoe, Dec 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise) Thread Starter

Just saw this tonight and loved it. The easiest way to describe it would be imagine Shaun of the Dead crossed with High School Musical. At Christmas time.

This was thought up by Ryan McHenry, the guy who came up with the brilliant series of Vine clips "Ryan Gosling Won't Eat His Cereal."

Tragically he died of a bone capture before he could make the film, but his friends persevered and the film is dedicated to him.

The songs are great and catchy, and are still running through my head when I'm back home. I want this film to succeed if only so these songwriters will get bigger gigs and relieve of us the hacks who are getting so much work these days. The lead character is adorable and spunky, and I swear, the preview audience was applauding and cheering at the end of scenes during the screening.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    MikaelaArsenault and Ghostworld like this.
  2. Chris DeVoe

Silly me, forgot to include the trailer:

One critic called it Shaun of the Dead meets La La Land, which is totally unfair, as the songs in this film are catchy and memorable and you care about the characters.

3. Chris DeVoe

Hopefully this song gets nominated for an Oscar:

MikaelaArsenault and Dan C like this.
  4. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

That looks really cool! Unfortunately I doubt we're getting here in theaters by this season. Looks like an art house release.

dan c

5. Chris DeVoe

It's playing at a large AMC here in Kansas City.

6. Chris DeVoe

If anyone still has a MoviePass subscription, it's showing up as available for me. I loved it, and the theater full of people I was with also loved it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.