Whitesnake - Unzipped: Super Deluxe Edition Oct. 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Kiss73, Aug 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy B UK

Andy B UK Well-Known Member

Finally giving this box a listen and loving it. Interested to know more about alternative versions on disc 1 though and the liner notes don't shed too much light on them. The 2 tracks (summer rain and forevermore) marked as "unzipped version", were they rerecorded / mixed especially for this project or were they just unused stripped down versions from the era of the song's respective albums?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Picked up the 2lp vinyl edition right after Christmas (had a 25% off coupon for FYE). I was really impressed with the effort that went into the vinyl edition... nice heavy, quiet, flat pressing... albums came in those nice lined inners... sounds was really full and open... of course I had to go all Butterfinger Jones and drop my f*****g center weight on side two... physical damage but only two pops when playing, but darn... still upset that this happened to such a nicely pressed new LP.

3. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

yeah I want more detailed notes

4. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm sure I read (or heard) an interview where Coverdale said they are stripped back versions of the original masters for those two.

However the Up Close & Personal disc is the one I want more details on..........especially those early period Whitesnake tracks.

Curveboy and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Does anyone know if the DVDs in this set are region free? Not sure if I can order from Europe?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. Kiss73

Mine says region 0.

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  7. Vinyl Fan 1973

Can’t get enough of this set, Crazy good! I only wish Judgment Day appeared more than once, what a great rendition.

Curveboy, Matthew Tate and Kiss73 like this.
  8. Kiss73

Who knew a acoustic whitesnake set would be so good?

9. Vinyl Fan 1973

Even the CD of unreleased demos is a real enjoyable listen. The CDs in this box have been in constant rotation since I got it.

Matthew Tate likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.