"Rick and Morty" renewed for 70 new episodes

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Turnaround, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member Thread Starter

That works out to about 7 seasons of new shows! The next question: when will the next season premier?

Variety: ‘Rick and Morty’ Scores 70-Episode Order at Adult Swim
    ‘Rick and Morty’ Scores 70-Episode Order at Adult Swim

Adult Swim has handed out a massive 70-episode renewal order for the hit animated series “Rick and Morty.”

The order is part of a new long-term deal the network has signed with series creators Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon. The series follows a sociopathic genius scientist who drags his inherently timid grandson on insanely dangerous adventures across the multi-verse. The new deal will more than double the amount of episodes the series has currently aired.

seed_drill likes this.
  2. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

3. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

The bad part is that they are to be evenly distributed across the multiverse, so if we get one, we'll be lucky.

4. DorothyV

DorothyV Forum Resident

That is a huge commitment. I hope that the show doesn't run out of creative energy before the 70 episode commitment is up.

Solaris likes this.
  5. ando here

ando here Forum Resident

Thanks. Just borrowed a dvd copy of Season One.
    The behind the scenes feature is equally as inane as the episodes.
    "Psychologically, I put him near fungus cause he grows where he's allowed to..."

Thirtysomething men who never left junior high detention. A beautifully stupid diversion.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  6. HippieDrill

HippieDrill Forum Resident

That's great news. I only discovered Rick and Morty last year and it's since become one of my all time favorite shows. i've seen every episode 2 or 3 times now. It's very re-watchable because there's always some little detail in there i missed before. I'm really looking forward to season 4 but i haven't been able to find any details for a premier date.

7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Now, that's funny.

8. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

Great news I hope they can maintain the quality. It’s been the best new thing on TV for a while now. I love the show but we need new episodes!

9. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

Is it November yet???

10. jbmcb

jbmcb Forum Resident

My friend got me hooked by showing me the first episode of season two, the framing device of which is a pretty decent overview of the many-worlds interpretation of quantum theory, including Schrodinger's cat.

Favorite scene: Rick runs anxiously into his garage, pulling out a complicated machine with an old TV tube attached with two dots on it. "Oh crap, this never needs to be more than one dot!"

rontoon, Deesky and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  11. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Wubbalubbadubdub!!

rontoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.