Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I think what is confusing to me, is the second sentence in the second paragraph above from Amazon:
    If the shipping date is set after more than five days, that charge occurs on the fifth day since your order was placed.

That sounds to me like if you pre-order an item 60 days before it is released and the shipping date "is set" for the day of release you will be charged 55 days before it is released. BUT. the line just before that line:
    When you pre-order an item that is yet to be released, we charge you the full order amount when the item gets dispatched.
    contradicts that.

I guess what I don't understand is what is meant by "shipping date is set after more than five days"

imarcq likes this.
  2. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

What I don't get is why they spell 'authorize' with an 's'!
    :--)

3. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

The collapse of Brexit talks between the Conservatives and Labour has seen the pound fall to a 4-month low against the dollar (+/- $1.27). So, now could be a good time to buy if you have any items saved for later, and use a CC with no fees!

(This qualifies as a deal, surely?)

superstar19 and imarcq like this.
  4. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

I think it means that if you pre-order less than 5 days before release they charge you on the shipping date. But if your pre-order has more than 5 days to run, you get charged 5 days after placing the order. I guess time will tell. Hopefully it's all a big mistake, as I really don't want it to be true.

5. Troy4

Troy4 Forum Resident

It's not 5 days after you place a pre-order its 5 days after release day if it's not been shipped.
    For instance I've got the Blancmange vinyl set on pre-order but my delivery date is a week later for some reason.
    So it means I will get charged after 5 days of release date.

6. culabula

culabula Unread author.

I’d love to know how they thing this poorly-written change of policy improves things, makes things easier or clearer.

Things were absolutely fine the way they were.

Maurice and Jackie P like this.
  7. imarcq

I pre-ordered this same Blancmange set as you. I have also not been charged. It was preordered some time ago. Forget your pre-existing pre-orders.

I made a NEW pre-order for a NEW release item last week and they charged me the full price this week. I queried it and asked for a refund. They did this, and I have posted what they told me as reason for being charged, and sent me the email I posted above.

I really don't want to argue with you about what I know just happened. I urge you to complete a NEW pre-order and see if you are charged after 5 days like I was.

This was the item I was charged £20.33 in advance. If you like King Crimson, this is what I pre-ordered and got charged for TODAY in advance for a July 12 pre-order. I have no reason to lie :( See below. Exactly as I have said!

[​IMG]

Live in Tokyo (Reissue 2019) (Gatefold Black 2LP + CD) [VINYL] £20.33
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07R8BMH5Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_glU3CbZTPF3HY

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Reese and Graham like this.
  8. Tartifless

Tartifless Forum Resident

They need to update their help page:

Note: Payment for your pre-order is taken when your item is dispatched to you. If you choose to pay by credit or debit card, please ensure that the expiry date of your card is after the release day.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cu...e=UTF8&nodeId=201910640&qid=1558111228&sr=1-6

But something definitely changed, in the past I could preorder stuff from the UK and i cannot do it anymore.
    I am able to purchase any record already in stock, but preorders are not shipping to France anymore.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    imarcq likes this.
  9. imarcq

Again 1000 apologies for those seeking deals. I'm not going to post anything more on this. If the moderator considers it unsuitable please delete it all, and we can just wait and see what others experience. Maybe Amazon will not continue if too many complain. Maybe it's just me being singled out randomly. Thanks.

latheofheaven and Graham like this.
  10. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

Let’s just move forward and stay with the topic, please.

11. imarcq

Thanks. :)

Jerry likes this.
  12. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Oops, just saw this, thanks Jerry!

imarcq likes this.
  13. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

latheofheaven, imarcq and superstar19 like this.
  14. Troy4

Troy4 Forum Resident

£59 on Amazon uk still.
    Pre-ordered this 6 days ago for June release.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I've not been charged for it.

15. This is an alert for American customers of Amazon.co.uk

When it was posted that pre-orders would get pre-charged, I went and checked on my Rolling Thunder Revue box. Don't look now, but Amazon.co.uk is now blocking shipment of this product to the USA. I'm guessing my pre-order was grandfathered in before Amazon made this decision.

This item does not ship to the United States verbiage has been added to the product page since I ordered it last month. Something to keep an eye on going forward. As far as I know, I've never seen any of the legitimate Dylan product from Sony getting blocked like this before.

aoxomoxoa and imarcq like this.
  16. Tartifless

Tartifless Forum Resident

It has nothing to do with licensing or copyrights.
    All preorders of more then 5 days cannot be shipped abroad, all orders of products that are in stock or very soon available (less than 5 days) can.
    This is mainly linked with payment terms.

imarcq and PhantomStranger like this.
  17. culabula

culabula Unread author.

I’d beware of what Amazon UK says; they’re now telling me that my upcoming orders do "not ship to Belfast"!

Oh please.

imarcq likes this.
  18. jrice

jrice Senior Member

An addendum to the Amazon UK issues. If it says they can't ship to your country, sometimes it would appear it means you can't add it to your shopping cart but you can hit the Pre Order Now button and go directly to the checkout screen. Perhaps Pre Order Now means Pay In Advance? I don't know.

lightbulb and imarcq like this.
  19. Pigalle

Pigalle Forum Resident

Could this change be linked to the EU's second Payment Services Directive which will see a big increase in second stage authorisations for online transactions from September 2019 (Visa and Mastercard to change online shopping security – Which? News ). Taking payment close to the order date means that people won't be asked to authorise a payment on an order made months earlier and subsequently forgotten about.

imarcq likes this.
  20. Troy4

Troy4 Forum Resident

This outstanding box set is Now £61.96
    The Girl From Chickasaw County - The Complete Capitol Masters
    8 CD
    Bobbie Gentry
    [​IMG]

21. imarcq

I had said I would not post anything else and just wait until people actually begin to experience this themselves. As I don't want to upset the thread flow I won't comment any more for now. But it is important!

I wrote to them again asking why the website doesn't mention anything yet. I also asked if for any reason I might have been singled out first?

I just received another email from Amazon. I had asked a few more questions regarding lack of information on website.

I got this reply today:

Hello Mark,

This is Abigail a member from the management team.

We are sorry that the information regarding upfront charge for the pre-order is not been informed to you.

We are working on changing the terms and conditions on the website as well.

This is not for specific customer this is for all the customers they will be charged upfront for any pre-order. We charge you the full order amount when the item gets dispatched. If the shipping date is set after more than five days, that charge occurs on the fifth day since your order was placed.

Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game or software item from Amazon, the price you pay will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.co.uk between the time you place your order up to and including the end of the day of the release date. If your order qualifies for the Pre-Order Price Guarantee, you'll be refunded the price difference once your order dispatches.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warmest regards,

Abigail
    Amazon.co.uk
    Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

latheofheaven and aoxomoxoa like this.
  22. imarcq

I started a NEW discussion thread on this Amazon UK pre-order policy change so please continue at the following link as I don't wish to discuss this further in a deals only thread:

Amazon UK new pre-order pre-payment policy

23. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Back to deals, please. Please sort out the new Amazon UK billing & shipping policies in the dedicated thread linked above.

Larsen, imarcq and lightbulb like this.
  24. imarcq

£50 Warehouse deal on Rod Stewart 5LP Vinyl box in Very Good condition.

Rod Stewart [VINYL]
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00NN2EMKG/ref=mw_dp_olp?ie=UTF8&condition=all

For the first time, Rod Stewart’s five studio LPs originally released between 1969 and 1974 is brought together in a boxed set. With the exact reproductions of original artwork to retain authenticity, each LP is pressed to 180 gram heavyweight audiophile vinyl and is contained in a rigid slipcase box.

[​IMG]

superstar19 and latheofheaven like this.
  25. Troy4

Troy4 Forum Resident

I remember when that set couldn't shift for £34 new a couple of years ago.