The big disappointment: announced but never released

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by no time, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belardd

belardd Senior Member

In the late 70's there was a print ad in Billboard for an Allman Brothers Band "Live in the 70's " box set

pool_of_tears likes this.
  2. Jim Duckworth

Jim Duckworth I can't lose with the stuff I use.

"The History And Collected Improvisations Of The Mothers Of Invention" was to be released as 12 LP box in 1970. Since the material on this 12 LP set covered the years 1963 to 1969, lack of record company cooperation stopped this album in its tracks.

Thanks to this very music forum I was able to piece together my own. Still I wait....

3. darling

darling Senior Member

Did you do this from already-circulating material or did they send you a bunch of reels for your consideration?

4. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

That's a big 'allegedly'.

5. jdrueke

jdrueke Handsome Man

Was this ever officially announced? I thought it was just a rumor/dream of some fans.

Billy Budapest likes this.
  6. Radardog

Radardog Forum Resident

I swear it was in Schive.

7. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

The same Trevor Horn who produced Frankie Goes to Hollywood!?

8. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Excellent point! The real story has to be a lot more complicated.

9. dockofthebay

dockofthebay Forum Resident

That's because Trevor Horn and his wife didn't treat them to nicely due to their sexuality (allegedly...).[/QUOTE]

How did you mess up those quotes so much?! I never posted that, ever...

10. lennonology

lennonology Formerly pas10003

The first (and only) phase - it was killed rather quickly - consisted only of previously released material. Of course we were going to request that unreleased material be included as well. I think the tune stacks were pretty close to what we're seeing on the official archive sets - just 15 years later.

Chip Madinger
    www.lennonology.com

11. DarylB

DarylB Forum Resident

I'm still waiting for the DKRC Dvd box set and I think more groups had played on the program than the ones that are listed.

FillmoreGuy and Dondy like this.
  12. pexie

pexie Forum Resident

13. Cryptical17

Cryptical17 Forum Resident

“Traffic Live November 1970” was an album from Traffic (with Steve Winwood) that Rolling Stone magazine announced. Recorded at Fillmore East. Unfortunately, the record was never released.

In 1971 “Welcome to the Canteen” was released in its place, but recorded at a different venue.

14. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

Beatles Live Project. We were that close to owning Shea legally!

15. Jester2019

Jester2019 Forum Resident

Don McLean announced a 45th Anniversary edition of the American Pie album which was going to include his famous concert at the Royal Albert Hall in 1973.

16. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

I still would like to see what the track listing is,
    some of the LP's acetates surfaced which helped to piece the puzzle together.

I'm still waiting for the quad mix of Roxy & Elsewhere, The Night Of The Iron Sausage (2-LP set), The Impossible Concert and Lost Episodes Volume 2.

17. Wildgift

Wildgift This is the modern world that I've heard about...

Totally with you on this. Wasn’t it Destroyed?

Beamish13 likes this.
  18. Still spin my Pleasure Victim LP bought back in the day. It’s a great sounding album—that is, if you are into that 1980’s SSL4000E sound.

deredordica likes this.
  19. Is that a photoshopped mock-up or something real? I had always heard that the mono EP was *considered* for release (and those rumors were confirmed in the 2009 Mono Masters compilation), but never that the artwork was actually prepared.

20. fast'n'bulbous

fast'n'bulbous tight also

Released about 10 years ago on deluxe John barleycorn.

phillyal1 and DTK like this.
  21. I thought this has been released?

22. Galactus2

Galactus2 Forum Resident

Most Joy Division fans were eagerly waiting for the Warsaw release for RSD, as there was more than one rumor listing it. But it didn't happen. Just last month, the Joy Division camp released a remastered version of 'Unknown Pleasures', with a white cover. It didn't seem necessary, and it struck me as throwing those of us that were expecting Warsaw a bone.

There was a thread about the UP release on this forum, but I got the sense what the fans really wanted was Warsaw.

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures 40th Anniversary Limited Edition

Billy Budapest and Pop_Zeus like this.
  23. Mr Day

Mr Day Hater of Fools

The Tears For Fears album.

Does it even exist ?

24. Day_Tripper2019

Day_Tripper2019 Forum Resident

Beatles - Revolver outtakes and video footage.

25. fozhebert

fozhebert Well-Known Member

The Chemsford 1980 concert disc from the Ozzy 25th anniversary box set. Pictues of the disc exist. A full show with the band that wrote and played Blizzard and Diary... instead we got another piecemeal show from Aldridge amd Sarzo, from the same tour as the Tribute album. All due to Sharon's issues with Bob Daisley. There was also his offer of using his tapes of the writing process for Blizzard. Again, legal wrangling shut that down too. Sigh...

graveyardboots and mj_patrick like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.