Rolling Stones 2019 U.S. Summer Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bowie Fett, Nov 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

That's going to be tough on those from out of town!

I wonder if they'll open up the show (ticket giveaways) to avoid huge empty sections?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. coniferouspine

coniferouspine Forum Resident

Yup. Local New Orleans news outlets just now reporting, the Stones have moved their show to Monday night.

Matthew Tate and TonyCzar like this.
  3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

But a show in New Orleans clearly doesn't involve fans only from NO proper. People will come from miles around...

4. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

That really sucks for the people who were traveling. I'm sure a lot of people took Monday off to fly back after the Sunday show, but it might be too late to get Tuesday (never mind the logistics of hotels/AirBnBs and air travel). If they were moving from like, a Friday to a Saturday it probably wouldn't be as big of a deal. I wonder if Ticketmaster will offer refunds to those fans.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. Stephen J

Stephen J Forum Resident

Thank God they moved the show to Monday as I feared a full cancellation. I have just rearranged my schedule to see it.

Kudos to the Rolling Stones for making every effort to make this show come off. MUCH APPRECIATED MATES! :edthumbs:

Matthew Tate, j3brow and vcpj like this.
  6. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

Yep. They really shortchanged everyone. What a bunch of assholes, eh @MickAvory ?

Matthew Tate and MrGrumpy like this.
  7. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Actually, they needed the extra 24 hours to make some Stones-tongue water-wings for the merch. tables! :winkgrin:

8. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Philly ticket report: face value ($494) pits available, both sides.

Some $170 lowers open, also: rear of the bowl, including regular and "Limited View".

9. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

I just threw away my Pasadena and Glendale tix in protest of their treatment of @MickAvory

10. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

TM will refund fans who can't do Sunday. I think the Stones made the best of a bad situation. The airlines have likely been offering weather-related travel waivers anyway*. An extra day's padding would be wise for fans traveling to Miami, btw.

* United: "We've issued a travel waiver for the Gulf of Mexico due to upcoming tropical weather. If you're traveling 7/11 -7/14, you can change your flight at no cost ..."

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Matthew Tate and mbrownp1 like this.
  11. coniferouspine

coniferouspine Forum Resident

Local Louisiana media is reporting that the manager of the Superdome was in direct contact with the Stones, he is also constantly talking to the highest level of state and local government officials throughout any storm like this. So rest assured that the decision to keep the concert scheduled, but postponed by a day, is not being made glibly or carelessly, but by people with access to the best weather and public safety information available, from the highest levels.

12. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

[​IMG]

13. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Good! Now you can buy new tickets, as Mick and the boys really need the money!*

* someone has to pay for all those re-arranged shows and empty seats!

From NBC news:

"Multiple airlines, including United, Jet Blue, Delta, American, Southwest, Spirit and Frontier, told passengers they could rebook flights to and from Gulf Coast airports at no additional charge."

Matthew Tate, TonyCzar and mbrownp1 like this.
  14. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Oh, yeah, it's not the band's fault at all. I just feel bad for people who traveled for it, since I imagine a lot did.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

As a public service, here's the current TM situation on standard-priced Stones Pit tickets (fees not included):

New Orleans - both sides - $449.50

Jacksonville - Keith - $500

Philly - both - $494.50

Houston - Ronnie - $497.50

New Jersey 1 - zilch

New Jersey 2 - zilch

Denver - only packages or re-sale

Seattle - only packages or Platinum

Santa Clara - only packages or re-sale

Pasadena - only packages or Platinum

Glendale - both sides - $442.75

Miami - only re-sale

Re-sale prices are as low as $650 and go up over $2k, package prices are $1500-$1600, and Platinums are in the $1k-$1.5k range.

Cassius, TonyCzar and footlooseman like this.
  16. spinyn

spinyn Senior Member

Upper deck tickets for the NOLA show are like $25 on StubHub.

Living here, I agree with the call to move it a day. We had 2 feet of standing water throughout the city on Wednesday AM and that wasn't even the real storm now moving in. There was a good chance that situation could happen again on Sunday which could have made getting to the show a real pain at best.

This storm seems to have lessened and moved West and the hope is New Orleans will be spared serious flooding but that remains to be seen....

17. willwin

willwin Forum Resident

just wait :)

18. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

Sounds like a song.

Oatsdad, footlooseman and willwin like this.
  19. willwin

willwin Forum Resident

to hear them play their music till the sun goes down...

mbrownp1 and footlooseman like this.
  20. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

George Strait, Sheeran and Swift have done well at the Superdome in recent years.

Any fire sales on flights if anyone is considering adding this show?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

22. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

OR:

just to dig that crazy sound

willwin likes this.
  23. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

If they don't reschedule the show, they can't/won't offer refunds on tickets, because reasons. (I'm guessing a state of Emergency possibly might not still be in effect by Sunday? Monday? I certainly hope LA is no longer an Emergency on Sunday, because love.)

OTOH, if someone with tickets in hand who lives in the area finds themselves unwilling to travel - even on Monday, out of an overabundance of caution, lack of a babysitter, whatever - their prudence won't set them back the $1000 cost of eating two tickets.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

If, in fact, Monday turns out to be an Emergency situation still, then other things can happen. Obviously nobody WANTS Monday to be undoable for the show, but the current solution worked out is a great idea for would-be concertgoers sweating the storm.

Again, :thumbsup::thumbsup:

(And keep your tickets dry!!!)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Also, too... judging from Philly, VIP Packages were spiked (at least?) two weeks from show day. That's in line with other non-Stones shows' VIP packages that I've watched in the past. Some of those are going to be offered for sale at "civilized" prices.

25. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Yup, in this flex-pricing era, I've tracked no end of concert seating charts to see when the unsold VIPs revert to standard priced tix. My wife has benefited greatly from this! :D

TonyCzar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.