New Annoying Amazon Site Behavior

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by ZenArcher, Sep 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

Certain Amazon products can be bought from the US but no third party and not everything from Amazon. I can get around this by using a US or UK address but that's not really solving the issue.
    I don't have a VPN but I don't think this would make a difference as the item will say "Unavailable to be shipped to your address". Their excuse is that collecting the 10% GST (Tax) that is payable is too hard. They have had two years and every other online retailer has managed it so clearly just an excuse to geoblock Australians. We are a small market so in the big picture I don't think they care and with the decline of physical media I don't think they have any intention to resolve this.

2. Trader Joe

Trader Joe Forum Resident

I love Amazon.com. I always find exactly what I need. Plus free and fast shipping.

3. gothictrade

gothictrade Well-Known Member

Omg... this is crazy

4. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

Man, that's a bummer.

5. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

It's beyond frustrating but there's a heap of other sellers willing to take our money so f%$k 'em

E.Baba and Deek57 like this.
  6. Jerk The Handle

Jerk The Handle Electrician

Finding self-titled albums without google or them popping up in "what other customers have bought together with..." :shake:

7. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.