Post Your Favorite YouTube Videos

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Grant, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

I've been watching several of FreewayJim's YouTube videos lately. Since I love California, I especially enjoyed this video that he just uploaded, and the soundtrack is on the money!

What are some of your favorites?

There is another current, possibly open thread along the same lines but I could not find it. There have been several other threads in the past but they were all closed due to age and few responses.

Tony A., SomeCallMeTim and Aftermath like this.
  2. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

3. bob_32_116

bob_32_116 Forum Flaneur

I'm not a great fan of the video format but I liked this one from the Cat Empire - "No Longer There".

If there was any doubt about the message in the song, the video pretty much dispels it.

4. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I've put this vid up many times before, but...
    I've got no problem listening to it again!
    Ladies and gentlemen, I give you......
    Steel Harmony's cover of "Transmission"!

ThirstyM and trumpet sounds like this.
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

6. John54

John54 Senior Member

I like driving videos too, because they let you see places you've never seen.

I like this one, driving through Needles, California and into Arizona.

I like the first comment too: "I like how when you go from California to Arizona the road turns from a cattle trail to an airport runway"

RickH and DLD like this.
  7. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

8. Dayfold

Dayfold Forum Resident

Don't Hug Me I'm Scared:

If you haven't seen it before, there are six episodes. They become increasingly...strange.

9. vconsumer

vconsumer Unapologetically 70s

10. jbmcb

jbmcb Forum Resident

Foo The Flowerhorn. A person sets up and maintains densely planted natural aquariums (no filter, no fertilization, etc...) time lapsed to classical music. Almost more relaxing than watching a real aquarium. Watch brine shrimp slowly devour a piece of boiled broccoli in this video.

11. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

A MUST see! :laugh:

12. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

13. Timeless Classics

Timeless Classics Senior Member

This video needs an introduction:
    For eight years, pachyderms like Lam Duan - old, overworked and sometimes disabled - have been rehabilitated with music at Elephants World, a retirement sanctuary for the animals in the western Thai province of Kanchanaburi. Almost 80 percent of about 3,000 elephants at tourist venues in Thailand, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal and Sri Lanka, endure poor living conditions and diets and are overworked, according to the animal welfare group World Animal Protection. The animals at Elephants World get good food and treatment for their physical ailments, but the music is an extra, special treat they appear to love.

The animals at Elephants World get good food and treatment for their physical ailments, but the music is an extra, special treat they appear to love. The owner of the sanctuary, Samart Prasithpol, 44, said the music seemed to provide the elephants with some special comfort.

“We work here to rehabilitate the elephants physically,” Smart told Reuters.

“The use of music has been useful in rehabilitating their soul,” he said.

One of the most memorable [reactions] was playing 'Moonlight Sonata' to a big bull elephant called Romsai at night. Romsai is an elephant that mahouts keep away from people due to his strength and dangerous temperament. To be so close to him at the piano under the moon and stars and play music to him was quite special," Barton says. "He seemed to be listening and, from his reaction, liked the music. He let me live."

Barton says he knows there are inherent dangers being around such massive creatures, especially the large males. But these are the animals that seem to love the music the most.

In this video, Barton plays Debussy "Clair de Lune" for a gentle female elephant called Ampan. Ampan is 80 years old and lives at Elephants World in Thailand. She is blind in one eye and can barely see with the other. 80 years old is very old indeed for an elephant, it’s about 10 years past the natural life span of an elephant in the wild.

14. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

15. Kamaaina1

Kamaaina1 Kanikapila!

In honor of Art Blakey's 100th.

16. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Paganini's Caprice no. 24 on One Guitar - Marcin Patrzalek

17. applebonkerz

Wintergatan - Marble Machine

18. applebonkerz

One more, this is probably the video I've watched more times than anything else. It always puts me in a happy mood, I would have loved being there part of that.

Rockin' 1000 Summer Camp -- Power Medley

Jeff57 likes this.
  19. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

I'm still reading your entries.

20. Ivan Aaron

Ivan Aaron What Sells ≠ What Streams

Hiromi - Pachelbel's Canon

21. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

22. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

23. Joy-of-radio

Joy-of-radio Forum Resident

I discovered a YouTube channel by 'GracevilleMN'. Check out this amazing demonstration of a Radiola Automatic Electrola model RAE-26 produced by Victor in 1931! It originally sold for $247.50. That's equivalent to $3,862.12 today, and the Great Depression was in full swing! Imagine that!

24. Claus LH

Claus LH Forum Resident

Truly fascinating. This is in the "nothing is ever as new as you think it is" category. I like the forward-thinking design including the 33-1/3 speed.

C.

25. greenscreened

greenscreened Forum Resident

I like the fact that the next record to be played isn’t dropped on top of the spinning record below it, thus eliminating the cumulative surface scratches received from point of impact!

I didn’t see the whole vid as the weather is foggy and rainy here(painfully slow internet speed) but I’m guessing the turntable has some sort of soft material attached to it as well.