Song playing during your car accident...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by CrawdaddySim1, Dec 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Dayman, fighter of the Nightman

When I totaled my car (probably only a month or two after getting my license) Alien Ant Farm's cover of Smooth Criminal was playing haha

I'll never forget the first words my friend said after the wreck.. "You ripped my Pantera shirt!"

izgoblin, Zeki, ARK and 4 others like this.
  2. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

New Year's Eve 1995/96 driving my 92 Sierra while Octopus Garden was playing on the 2 CD Blue 67-70 Beatles collection. Totaled the truck, CD player wasn't damaged nor was the disc.

In 91 I was coming home from high school with my cousin and a car pulled out in front of us, to avoid hitting it, it caused his car to spin out during Van Halen's And The Cradle Will Rock. When the car stopped spinning DLR asked "have you seen junior's grades". We died laughing at the perfect timing.

3. Echoes71

Echoes71 Forum Resident

Not an accident, but I received the biggest speeding ticket of my life while listening to The Stooges’ Fun House. “Dirt” was playing when I saw the flashing lights behind me, and now I always think of that moment when I hear that song.

Iggy - still inciting bad behavior 20 years after the fact!

Zeki, Earscape and CrawdaddySim1 like this.
  4. Billchi_11

Billchi_11 What would DBoon do?

Datsun Z. One of my fave cars of all time

CrawdaddySim1 likes this.
  5. scotto

scotto Senior Member

Good one. Saw the title of this thread and immediately rushed in to post that very tune.

Zeki, Myke and CrawdaddySim1 like this.
  6. CrawdaddySim1

CrawdaddySim1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Ha ha! Somehow I knew there would be a track from Raw Power.

7. mkane

mkane Strictly Analog

My last car accident, 73' or there about's and exceeding 100 mph. There was no music playing.

8. DrProgQuest

DrProgQuest Forum Resident

Heart Attack in a Lay By--Porcupine Tree (Steven Wilson)

I pull off the road
    East of Baldock and Ashford
    Feeling for my cell
    In the light from the dashboard

Hissing from the road
    The smell of rain in the air con
    Maybe check the news
    Or just put a tape on

Lighting up a smoke
    I've got this feeling inside me
    Don't feel too good

If I close my eyes
    And fell asleep in this lay-by
    Would it all subside
    The fever pushing the day by

Motor window wind
    I could do with some fresh air
    Can't breathe too well

(She waits for me.
    Home waits for me.)

I guess I should go now
    She's waiting to make up
    To tell me she's sorry
    And how much she missed me
    I guess I'm just burnt out
    I really should slow down
    I'm perfectly fine but
    I just need to lie down

We'll grow old together
    We'll grow old together
    We'll grow old together

technically not a car "accident" per se, but a very beautiful but sad and haunting song that I thought would be relevant to this topic

9. Summer of Malcontent

Summer of Malcontent Forum Resident

I've had three serious car accidents. One was my fault - driving too fast on a gravel road and spun out into a bank. The other two weren't: forced off in to the median strip of a motorway by a huge truck changing lanes without looking (ended up spinning right around and heading back into the oncoming traffic); and smashed sideways by a young woman running a red light at high speed. The first two were proper time-slows-down-to-a-crawl, expecting-to-die experiences, and in all three I remember being conscious of the music still blaring from the cassette / CD player afterwards when I realized I was still around, but I can't remember what was actually playing in any of those instances, even though I can remember everything else about the accidents in detail.

10. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Not an accident, but the first time I got pulled over at 17 for doing 93 in a 55, "Get A Job" by The Silhouettes was playing. I still can't listen to that song anymore without thinking how lucky I was to get a written warning (of 70 in a 55) and my keys taken away for 2 weeks instead of a felony of 20+ over the speed limit on my record.

Zeki, Earscape and CrawdaddySim1 like this.
  11. Rafael Blues

Rafael Blues Forum Resident

Thin Lizzy - Whiskey In The Jar

12. Full Circle

Full Circle Forum Resident

I’ve got a pretty good one. A few years back my wife and I were on I-5 going up the grapevine on Cinco de Mayo at around midnight , returning home to So Cal.

We were listening to Please Please Me when we hit a brown bear that had been hit and killed by a car a little bit ahead of us already. The song: “Do You Want to Know a Secret”.

Since neither of us were hurt and the bear was already deceased when we ran over it, it was bit easier to make a joke out of the situation by saying it probably should have been “A Taste of Honey”, which is the next track.

13. DrProgQuest

If I did have a bad car accident (I've had a few fairly serious ones but nothing drastic), I probably would want "Hold Tight" by Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick and Titch playing loud on the car radio right before impact.....(see Death Proof)

14. PsychGuy

PsychGuy Forum Resident

Cops in Arkansas pulled us over while Elvis' "King of America" was playing. Good things did not follow. I can't listen to that album in the wake.

Zeki and CrawdaddySim1 like this.
  15. crustycurmudgeon

crustycurmudgeon We've all got our faults, mine's the Calaveras

My first speeding ticket--I was driving home from school on a street with some slight curves and dips and listening to ELO's "Fire On High".

My most severe accident was on August 1, 2014. I was driving home from work and almost home when I t-boned a pickup truck that had been stopped on the shoulder of the highway and suddenly decided to make a U-turn right in front of me with no warning. I have dashcam footage of the accident and a few minutes of the aftermath. I was pretty much uninjured, but my car was totaled. The song playing was "America The Beautiful" by Ray Charles.

Zeki and CrawdaddySim1 like this.
  16. bmh5879

bmh5879 Forum Resident

Crazy topic but I will always remember....Dancing With Mr. D back in 1999. I was 19 and was T-Boned pulling out from a 4-way stop. I was really into the Stones at that time, like obsessed. I had just seen them a month before and was digging deeper into the catalog. Weird, this is the second time I brought that up in a topic today.

That was a pretty bad accident which I was not only lucky to survive, but to escape with no major injuries other than having glass from the impact injected into the side of my head. Especially getting drilled in a 1990 Cavalier by a F-150.

I have probably only ever listened to Mr D. a dozen or so times since. :p

17. halfjapanese

halfjapanese Gifs moider!

Don't You Pull That Stuff On Me:
    On March 18, 1974, I left work early with a nasty hangover. I lived on a lake outside of town. Our summertime population was around 200 and there were thirteen of us living there through the long Maine winter. Against all odds of a collision, my neighbor slid his bigass Oldsmobile too fast around a tight, icy turn and knocked me in my Land Cruiser off the road into the woods. I wasn't hurt until it became apparent that our lone Toyota dealer may have sent someone swimming to Japan for replacement parts. I seem to recall it took over a month for repairs, but that memory may have lengthened over time. My neighbor's Olds was hardly dented and I grew to resent his uninterrupted mobility.

The song on my cassette player? John Prine's Please Don't Bury Me. I still laugh whenever I hear it and have come to associate Prine's The Accident (Things Could Have Been Worse) with the incident. No police arrived to pronounce this victim okay.

18. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

My car skidded on a wet exit ramp and smacked into a guardrail. No one was hurt; it was just me in the car and no other vehicle was involved. Given the weather conditions, it was fitting that my tape deck was playing "Rain" by the Beatles.

Zeki likes this.
  19. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Rear-ended a Mercedes and totaled my Miata in 2015. Great soundtrack though :p

[​IMG]

izgoblin and Zeki like this.
  20. vivatones

vivatones Forum Resident

21. keifspoon

keifspoon Senior Member

I don't remember the song(s), but I'm sure I was air-drumming behind the wheel! :yikes:

izgoblin likes this.
  22. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

1995: my brother lost control of the '69 Chevy truck I was in, and I remember we were listening to Sultans of Swing from the freshly purchased CD of Dire Straits self titled album. Truck was totalled, but I still have the CD.

23. DrProgQuest

Still waiting for the inevitable post that Dead Man's Curve or Leader of the Pack or Wreck on the Highway was playing at the time of the accident.... :)

izgoblin likes this.
  24. Obtuse1

Obtuse1 Forum Resident

I was hoping for Bloodrock- D.O.A.

izgoblin likes this.
  25. lazydawg58

lazydawg58 Know enough to know how much I don't know

I can't remember, it was around 1980 and I'm hoping that was my last one. But I believe in Southern Rock Opera from The Drive By Truckers Feebird was playing wasn't it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.