What happened to drummer Eddie Hoh?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jdmack, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagneticNorthpaw

MagneticNorthpaw Senior Member

Thanks for posting that. Plastic Crimewave usually has some great unsung musicians/groups in that series. I learn something new from it virtually every week.

Interesting that there is a large-scale article planned for Ugly Things magazine. I didn't really know much about that publication but it sounds like a "go-to" if garage/surf is your thing.

Hep Alien and GTOJUDGE like this.
  2. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

Just wondering if anyone can confirm whether Eddie was a member of the Flying Burrito Brothers line up which toured Europe in the mid to late 1970's. I was at the Dublin show in the National Stadium. I seem to recall that Eddie was on drums that night.

3. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Nope. According to this page, the drummers for the revived Flying Burrito Brothers from 1975 to 1981 were Gene Parsons, Ed Ponder, and Mickey McGee. I'm pretty sure Eddie Hoh was completely out of the music business by the mid-70s anyway.

AlienRendel likes this.
  4. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

Thank you for that. I must check my ticket for the event. It's filed away safely. I know that Gene Parsons was not in the line up that I saw.

5. WayOutWardell

WayOutWardell Forum Resident

Today would have been Eddie's 74th birthday!

Hep Alien, royzak2000 and AlienRendel like this.
  6. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

Eddie was exactly 20 years older than me!

WayOutWardell likes this.
  7. WayOutWardell

WayOutWardell Forum Resident

Recently, there appeared a photo on the Gene Clark fansite of the August '67 of one of the version of Gene's solo band; this one had Eddie, Clarence White and John York. John recalled that this lineup only played once, maybe twice, to an uninterested crowd which frustrated Gene. Here's the link - which hints at more photos including sessions at Gold Star!
    February 1, 2020 issue 2 vol. 4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.