Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

My copy of that did ship along with Clapton.

SJP, hutlock, Dr. J. and 3 others like this.
  2. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

My Live At Fillmore didn’t ship either. I sat on it too long. Still hoping that my first order, Mellencamp set, ships.

3. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Mellencamp was on backorder when I ordered it so Im not very hopeful.

4. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Well here’s one I can heartily endorse:

BEST FROM THE WEST: MODERN SOUNDS FROM CALIFORNIA Best from the West: Modern Sounds from California on DeepDiscount

Limited 10" vinyl repressing from Blue Note. Best From The West: Modern Sounds From California, Vol. 1 is a collection of the best of West Coast - specifically - California Jazz. Musicians featured include Buddy Collette / Charlie Mariano / Herb Walsh (alto saxophone) Jimmy Giuffre (baritone saxophone) Curtis Counce / Joe Mondragon / Monty Budwig (bass) Jimmy Giuffre (clarinet) Larry Bunker / Stan Levey (drums) Buddy Collette (flute) John Graas (French horn) Howard Roberts (guitar) Gerry Wiggins / Lorraine Geller / Marty Paich (piano) Jimmy Giuffre (tenor saxophone) Bob Enevoldsen (trombone) Conte Candoli / Harry Edison (trumpet) and others.

SJP, Tjazz, black sheriff and 3 others like this.
  5. hutlock

My Who Filmore set shipped from Pop Market.

Just as an FYI, nearly all of the sale stuff we listed on the last couple of pages is gone now, or at least back up to full price. The Clapton set is one that is still hanging around though so if anyone was on the fence about that one, I would say to jump on it fast!

SJP, black sheriff, popscene and 3 others like this.
  6. rubberhead

rubberhead I've never made a bad record

I ordered the Rosanne Cash and two copies of GZA yesterday. Cash shipped.

SJP, Mike6565, black sheriff and 2 others like this.
  7. popscene

popscene Senior Member

Yeah, yesterday I had six titles in my cart - Kravitz, James Brown, GZA, LL Cool J, MIA and EPMD - shipped for $64. I put it on hold, came back to it this morning and it was $128. Proof yet again to not sit on this stuff.

GentleSenator, SJP, hutlock and 4 others like this.
  8. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

Juggsnelson, hutlock and SJP like this.
  9. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

A quick observation on items that don’t ship with the rest of an order. I recently had two CDs that did not ship together with their respective orders, yet no cancellation notice was received. Several days later both were sent. This may have to do with their logistics or inventory flow but regardless, don’t give up hope just yet on unsent items that have not been cancelled.

10. hutlock

I have also had that happen recently, never used to though. I never cancel anything with DD anyway—I’ll either get the stuff or they cancel on their own.

11. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

I had it happen back in February. A few days later I received a cancellation notice and a refund, however, not on shipping costs (I'm in Canada). Sent them an email and they refunded the shipping. Just noticed while reviewing one of my orders that was made on June 23 that the Best of Lulu did not ship, but I have not received a cancellation notice or refund for that one as of yet.

12. hutlock

From previous experiences, they told me to allow 2-3 weeks for back orders to arrive, so I would say to maybe drop them a line about the Lulu if you don’t hear by this time next week. Worst that could happen is they give your money back!

13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

you and @hutlock get my heart racing every morning with this optimism. might actually get disappointed if the Ebb deal doesn't come through.

14. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

I intend to. I may wait a few days longer and also query the Rush Hold Your FIre that did not ship in my latest order.

Juggsnelson, superstar19 and hutlock like this.
  15. hutlock

You and me both, brother!!!

latheofheaven likes this.
  16. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

The Petty shipped!

17. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

The Petty box or "Long After Dark"? Still waiting for some good news about my LAD shipping.

18. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

Sorry, the box shipped.

hutlock and superstar19 like this.
  19. hutlock

Congrats!!! That was a great deal.

I just got my shipping notice from the Saturday Night Price Massacre — I only ordered 4 things but they all shipped.

Now if they would only put my Nitzer Ebb in the Mail...

20. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

Someday soon might be Nitzer Ebb day! ...or not. [for the record I am back-ordered on the 2112]

21. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

...and 2112 is cancelled. :nyah:

22. My Idlewild South order was cancelled, I never thought it would ship but I did think I would be in suspense longer before the cancellation.

Juggsnelson and latheofheaven like this.
  23. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Mellencamp and The Who Fillmore cancelled this morning.

24. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Yeah, Rush “Hold Your Fire”, Petty “Long After Dark” and Getz/Gilberto canceled here

25. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

Jazzmatazz and Liz Phair cancelled over here x_x