Barnes & Noble 50% Off Vinyl Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Vinyljunkie22, Aug 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinyljunkie22

Vinyljunkie22 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I got a couple in December but fortunately it looks like they switched all the titles so it's not the same stuff

WvL likes this.
  2. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

In my store it's mostly the vinyls that have been on sale since December. We changed all the stickers from 25% to 50%. I scanned through the entire vinyl section and I added about 40-50 titles to the sale (Smashing Pumpkins last album springs to mind been as I bought it!).

dee, Shawn, Tjazz and 3 others like this.
  3. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

Very slim pickings at the two stores closest to me. I saw nothing that would make it worth a drive.

4. davers

davers Forum Resident

Recently they've had 30% off CD sales a couple of times annually. One just wrapped up a few weeks ago.

Uncle Miles likes this.
  5. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

They’ve added Van Morrison’s recent releases, one of which I picked up.

WvL likes this.
  6. beartrackrecords

beartrackrecords Forum Resident

thanks for the heads-up @tbuick6! I picked up Janis Joplin's Pearl reissue, Pink Floyd's Relics, and Robert Plant's Carry Fire - $12 a piece!

WvL likes this.
  7. clrvlewis

clrvlewis Forum Resident

Yes thanks for the heads up. A quick scan does not show much at my store but I think I will stop by anyways.

8. parkmebike

parkmebike I'm in love with a girl...

Stopped at my local store today, no sign of a 50% off sale anywhere. No one there seemed to know anything about it, I wonder if it's only certain locations that are participating in the sale?

9. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I’ve been to 3 locations so far and they all had the sale going... weird. And it is also listed online, so it seems your store is an outlier? That or someone is just not reading their email from the head office?

10. Vinyljunkie22

It was promoted on their website so it's everywhere. I'm sure if you showed them the sale on your phone they would honor it.

11. Headfone

Headfone Nothing Tops A Martin

I stopped by B & N this morning. There were about 15 titles with the 50% discount sticker. None of them were the least bit interesting to me. But...not sorry I went. Ya never know...

12. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I just finished my shift at Barnes & Noble and treated myself to the following vinyls that are in the sale -

Temple Of The Dog - Temple Of The Dog
    UB40 - Collected (Music on Vinyl version - got the very last copy)
    Veruca Salt - Ghost Notes

All three records I had manifested to my store.

hutlock, davers and superstar19 like this.
  13. hutlock

Stopped at my fourth B&N and this is the one that is registered as “my store” so when I looked on the Website at all the clearance titles, it was showing me my store and I could see what was in stock there. I saw a couple of things I really wanted so I ordered them Online ahead of time to make sure I didn’t miss out. After I grabbed that record, I went to look at the Clearance section. There were a BUNCH of titles I did not see in the online listing, so I wound up buying four more albums.

Also, the Online listing had a few box sets on sale for 1/2 price including the Dylan Cutting Edge box for $49. When I found it at the store, it was NOT stickered with the 50% off tag though. I think I am going to order it Online to make sure I get that clearance price first and then just go pick it up. Also figured I should look up some of the other vinyl boxes I saw in that same display to see if they are also selling for 50% off...

So I guess the moral of the story is ya’ll might want to check online first before you hit your local and vice versa too.

14. Vinyljunkie22

I just got a record manifested to my store. He called a couple stores for me and finally found one. Thanks again!

hutlock and Jspmike like this.
  15. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

That's great news! Sometimes I end up having to call 3 or 4 stores as they either can't find it or are not willing to send it (every single store in the state of Utah will not manifest anything) but I've found that persistence definitely pays off!!!

16. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Ha ha, I'm such a junkie. Went through the whole 50 pages for my local store's stock. Found a whopping 2 titles listed as in stock that I wanted so put the order in. Just got a text telling me that the items weren't available in store.

Vinyljunkie22 and hutlock like this.
  17. hutlock

I hate to break it to you but there are way more than 50 pages worth of listings at most stores... that’s just all the B&N site will let you see at once. In order to see all of the stuff, I had to search 50 pages sorting low to high, then ANOTHER 50 pages sorting high to low. You’ll notice that the lists will be completely different records...

superstar19 and Jspmike like this.
  18. Lewis Pond

Lewis Pond Well-Known Member

How do you see what your local B&N has in stock and on sale? Thank you so much.

19. Vinyljunkie22

You should never have told me about this, I just found the Taschen "Rock Covers" book on sale for $10. There was 1 left in the country in Atlanta. Getting it manifested!

Jspmike likes this.
  20. Vinyljunkie22

Go to this page and input your zip code and click set pickup location for your store. You will see a green check under the item that says "In Stock at My Store" and "Store Pickup Available". You will have to go through all 50 pages if you want to see everything, there are over 2k items.

superstar19, Jspmike and MerseyBeatle like this.
  21. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

It's a great way to get things which are going out of print! Also a great way to bring the bank balance down...

22. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Stopped in at my local B&N yesterday, thanks to this thread. Wound up with Van’s “The Prophet Speaks” (2lp), Suzanne Vega’s “Carson McCullers” (red vinyl) and Pretenders “Alone” for about $35+tax.
    :thumbsup:

23. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

I just picked up the Analog Spark release of Dave Brubeck's Dave Digs Disney. I've had my eye on it since it was released a couple of years ago but didn't want to shell out $35 for it. I noticed this thread this morning and was able to pick it up for $17.50. It sounds fantastic and as good or better than my original 6 Eye. :righton:

24. Tom Favata

Tom Favata tbuick6

Just picked up Face Dances. 13 bucks w/tax. Good deal? You better you better You Bet!

25. hutlock

I saw this one in my local store without the 50% tag so I went online and sure enough, it was marked at $17.50 there so I ordered it for in-store pickup!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.