The Crown Jewel(s) Of Your Elvis Presley Collection

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by thnkgreen, Jun 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

The RCA Album Collection (60 CD boxed set)

RSteven likes this.
  2. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

I think you missed one, but I’m not saying which

3. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

It was a copy & paste, so...

4. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

of course it was. Just trying to add some humor. I failed.

5. revolversoul

revolversoul Forum Resident

Elvis Presley LPM-1954 first press
    Elvis LPM-1382 pressing with alternate version of Old Shep
    The Complete Elvis Presley Masters
    A Boy From Tupelo

Spencer R and RSteven like this.
  6. Mr.Mustache

Mr.Mustache Forum Resident

The new Danzig cover album

7. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

Probably my first pressings of From Elvis In Memphis (1969) as well as the follow-up, the double album From Memphis To Vegas / From Vegas To Memphis (1969) which includes Elvis In Person at the International Hotel and Back In Memphis.

RSteven likes this.
  8. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

I have four or five of the RCA picture sleeve EPs from the 1950s in decent shape. Have most of the RCA albums from Elvis (1956) through From Elvis in Memphis, some with pretty beat up covers, but most of the records are good shape.

Thievius and RSteven like this.
  9. Jayson Wall

Jayson Wall Forum Resident

I have a lot of stuff from original LP’s and 45 pressings, CD sets, 16mm prints of 15 of his features, and various original movie posters, but this original Singer banner from the NBC Special is really the crown jewel. It’s headed to the framers soon.

[​IMG]

10. I’ve got a pretty extensive Elvis collection (only US releases, getting in to foreign pressings would be too overwhelming!) so not sure what’s the crown jewel, but I have an acetate of King Creole material from Radio Recorders that immediately comes to mind.

Thievius, Revolver, Alan G. and 2 others like this.
  11. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

First pressings (in VG+ condition) of all of Elvis’ LPs up through Elvis Is Back.
    EiB in both mono and stereo.
    Also, double disc 7” EPS for the first few albums, also is VG+ condition.
    Two original Sun 45’s.

12. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

I have a signed (Elvis producer/historian Ernst Jorgensen) and numbered first edition of The Complete Masters as well as the RCA Album Collection, so those are two of my favorites, but I also dig all my FTD sets on From Elvis In Memphis and Elvis Is Back as well. My Elvis That's The Way It Is deluxe box set and Live In Vegas box set are two of my other crown jewels in my Elvis library.

Thievius and Shawn like this.
  13. sa5150

sa5150 Forum Resident

Anyone have this The Number One Hits (1956 - 1962) - Jazz Messengers

Under $10 at deepdiscount Elvis Presley Number One Hits (1956-62) [Import] on DeepDiscount

I know I can get the old RCA cd that there are millions of copies to buy , but this import looks kinda cool on the back cover . I wonder if its the same disc ? Who the heck is Hoo Doo Records ?

I always liked the bass drum kick on "suspicious minds" that only these early cds had . While not as good as the "suspicious minds" we all now with the fade out , I still love how the drums hit on this version .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.