Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

Got my Beggers Banquet set today. Definitely looks nice.

And again, thanks for the tip.

2. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

One Hit (to the Wallet)...sure went straight to the mark, SO HELP ME GAWD!

JasonA, Dignan2000 and latheofheaven like this.
  3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

this is now down to $5 and change. if you're into this type of music with a cinematic flare, it's a steal. i really enjoyed it.

SJP, Rob Zarzecki, Shawn and 5 others like this.
  4. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

Thanks for the tip on this one! Streamed it a bit today, and i kind of like it. ...clicked the link a few times today...went from $5.04 to $5.01 in the last two hours.....so i think i am going to hold out for a price in the mid $4 range before i go "all in" on this set. :)

SJP, struttincool and latheofheaven like this.
  5. Vanzetti

Vanzetti Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up on this. I've got a soft spot for symphonic productions so I gave it a shot. Also helping me to buy it are the bonus points provided by the band name, and the fact that it was recorded in Tallin which gives it a degree of separation from Arvo Pärt.

I found this interesting:
    Robot Koch joins forces with Kristjan Järvi in Estonia to create music about our future

6. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

awesome mini documentary about the making of the album:

SJP, Shawn, black sheriff and 2 others like this.
  7. RJ3000

RJ3000 Forum Resident

You had me at "cinematic flare" and recorded in Tallinn.

Years ago when I lived in Stockholm, I had a girlfriend from Tallinn, so I have a soft spot for that beautiful city and the Estonian people.

Was at $4.96 or something so I'm willing to pay the price of a latté to give it a go!

8. TerpStation

I just bought it at $4.96 too. I may beat myself up later if this goes into the mid 4 dollar range or lower, but with prime in oregon its no shipping fee, no tax. So all in under 5 bucks. hard to argue with that....the the more i listened to it in the office yesterday the more i dug it. It might sound incredible on my main system. Looking forward to it.

SJP, latheofheaven and GentleSenator like this.
  9. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

No sales tax is definitely nice. Like having a perpetual 9% off sale compared to CA.

latheofheaven, TerpStation and Shawn like this.
  10. Same here, for $4.96 it’s worth a roll of the dice. Plus I enjoyed that mini-doc @DailyHiFi posted above.

SJP and latheofheaven like this.
  11. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

12. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

13. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I just saw this, shared the $4.96 deal with the others. Thanks so much for sharing, the documentary is nice. The music is certainly right in my wheelhouse.

GentleSenator likes this.
  14. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

black sheriff, latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  15. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

hutlock, black sheriff, SJP and 2 others like this.
  16. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

It really is a beautiful set. Sure, you can get most of the music on the standard release and some folks have the previous DVD release. But the book, ephemera and overall package is well worth the price of as admission if you like box sets and don't have all the material already... and $20 less than the price drop from last month...

latheofheaven likes this.
  17. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

black sheriff likes this.
  18. fretter

fretter Forum Resident

Just ordered it. Thanks everybody. With rewards points, it was free.

TerpStation and SJP like this.
  19. popscene

popscene Senior Member

black sheriff likes this.
  20. TerpStation

Can someone please post the link to the website/blog set up by a poster here that searches within price ranges for LPs on amazon? Thanks much.

latheofheaven likes this.
  21. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

22. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

23. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

This is similar to what has been posted before. I like the link because it is sorted by "newest release", not by popularity. These are LP's priced below $10.00.

Amazon.com

I'm sorry, I don't know how to post the entire link here. Just go to the webpage here and copy-and-save that entire long link.

Within that big link, the pertinent portion is 0-999. That can be swapped into anything, such as 1000-1200 for LP's priced between $10.00 and $12.00.

I have bookmarked several variations and check them regularly when things are slow.

=================

Adding: as an aside, one of the LP's that comes up quickly in the search is Peals' second album 'Honey'. I enjoyed it a lot. It's described this way: "Honey, the second full-length from Baltimore-based duo Peals, elevates their exploratory sound to majestic new heights of otherworldly instrumental pop while preserving the intimacy of their live shows and earlier recordings. William Cashion (Future Islands) and Bruce Willen (Double Dagger) recorded much of Honey in Willen's Baltimore home. Together they build rapturous melodies of interlocking and looped guitars that channel kosmische musik, '70s Eno, and new wave hooks à la Robert Smith into above-the-clouds dreamscapes. Unexpected and delicate textures'wind, bells, the whirs of a film projector'situate listeners in the elemental immediacy of Peals performances, which take place in art galleries or open fields as often as traditional music venues."

24. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Yeah, I got RIPPED OFF at that higher price!!!

Seriously, it was absolutely worth it and I actually got a partial refund for a big corner bend due to ****ty packaging. The lp also took a trip through the vinyl flat but all is good now..

25. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

Cheap Vinyl