uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yep. Quite a bit, as long as you can tolerate their horrifying search functionality.

2. Dignan2000

Dignan2000 Forum Resident

Rip Van Watty.

FWatty likes this.
  3. oldjollymon

oldjollymon right channel den/left channel kitchen

SOV carries stuff from LOTS of labels, vs. UD which (I think) only has Universal stuff. SOV is great if you're into reggae, avant jazz etc. and can grab it w/ a good discount. Sometimes in their "details" pane you can click on the label to show everything they have by that label (e.g. Pressure Sounds), but sometimes it comes up blank....

hutlock and mrjinks like this.
  4. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

weird , i got a straight $5 off code ......

5. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

I couldn't get 30% after trying a bunch of times. COMEBACK for 20% still works though.

kenbefound, Davidmk5 and Critter like this.
  6. LongHairedJazz

LongHairedJazz Forum Resident

uDiscover is the worst. They've been holding a large order of mine since November.

7. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

This was a useful post, thanks. They do have a lot of really obscure (to me) reggae and jazz. I spent quite a bit of time sifting through those categories last evening.

Key words in your post "...grab it w/a good discount." SOV prices are such that unless you can get 30% off, they are generally going to be higher than Amazon and other discounters.

I managed to get a 30% off coupon so will probably put an order together.

oldjollymon and hutlock like this.
  8. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I kept doing incognito windows, and would get the wheel every time. I spun a few extra 30% discount codes for whoever would like them:
    • LUCKY30F49FC423
    • LUCKY30D7370B30
    • LUCKY308AA359F5
    If you take one, just note it’s used so someone else here doesn’t bother with it.
    Note: I assume this isn’t some sort of forum violation. If it is, please report the post and let me know.

9. kagentry

kagentry Forum Resident

I grabbed the third code and was successful using it. Thanks for sharing!

mrjinks likes this.
  10. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

This is unbelievable. I just received my package from this order. Everything inside probably has seam splits, but still . . . this is witchcraft of some sort.

Patanoia, hutlock and GentleSenator like this.
  11. hutlock

Spun the wheel once and got 30% off—grabbed the next two PJ Harvey LPs and the new Paul Weller on a store exclusive colored vinyl for $60 shipped. I’ll have to wait about 2 weeks for the PJ Harvey’s to ship with the Weller but it isn’t like I can’t play the CD in the meantime if I can’t wait... pretty pleased with the deal though.

oldjollymon, SJP, Dignan2000 and 2 others like this.
  12. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me

Here are some unused codes:

LUCKY25E8F9E866
    LUCKY300E50BF9B

Get lucky!

13. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

here is one more if anyone can use it: LUCKY25EB3E3B48
    expires 3/24

superstar19 likes this.
  14. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

coupons not working

15. mrjinks

As noted above, the coupons are for the US store (shop.udiscovermusic.com), not the UK store (store.uDiscovermusic.com). Could that be the issue?

16. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Thanks as one code worked. Saved my $70 !!!

mrjinks likes this.
  17. WillTurner

WillTurner Well-Known Member

If anyone has an extra 25 or 30% off coupon, I'll gladly take it off your hands. I keep getting the $5 off one and I've used all the email addresses I can.

18. WesB

WesB Forum Resident

I used the $5 coupon to get a free bandana. I love uDiscover, it's absurd that they'll send you free things.

hutlock likes this.
  19. mrjinks

PM coming.

WillTurner likes this.
  20. kenbefound

kenbefound Forum Resident

Yeah, I had the same problem this morning with a coupon they emailed me. I just kept trying until it finally worked.

21. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

What's the issue LongHairedJazz? I had the same issue. Placed a HUGE order back during the Nov 30% off sale and they kept delaying it due to 1 piece of vinyl (out of many box sets and individual vinyl) where the release date kept getting pushed far into the future. I asked if there was anyway they could fulfill the bulk of the order and send me the single vinyl upon release. After a few tries requesting this it worked.

Hope this might be of some help to you.

LongHairedJazz likes this.
  22. hutlock

A lot of folks complain about this for sure. I noticed this last time that they offered the option of free shipping (my order was over $70) OR I could choose to pay and have everything shipped as it was ready. So if you place a giant order and don’t want to wait for just one item, there is an option at least.

LongHairedJazz likes this.
  23. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

The best thing to do is separate orders or just bail on the preorders. The order I made above forced me to bail on a preorder of Moanin. I wasn’t about the let them wait a month or more to send me my order. I’m still shocked that the in-stock items made it to me so quickly. Their track record is nothing like that.

hutlock likes this.
  24. LongHairedJazz

LongHairedJazz Forum Resident

I'll try it! But other parts of the order went out of print while they waiting for represses of other stuff. They take a day and half at best to get to customer service. It just doesn't feel good ordering with them.

25. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

I had the same issue. My order took so long a number of items went OOP or at least were Sold Out but a Customer Service rep reassured me that the items were pulled and held until my order was ready to ship and lo and behold I received EVERYTHING in my order except for the vinyl (Bob Marley Jamaican Pressing) that hasn't been released yet.

Hold onto hope LongHairedJazz!

LongHairedJazz and hutlock like this.