Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

My Target copy got cancelled finally. I saw that some shops got some copies in last week. I got one from Plaidroom. They told me that the copies they got in were not purchased from MoFi directly and were purchased at a higher price from a third party which is why the price was raised. Does suck that I would have paid $35 from Target and ended up paying $65. But glad to have a copy on its way

hutlock and captouch like this.
  2. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Yeah, that is what I heard too with another store, they got some from a source other than Mobile Fidelity and therefore have to sell higher. So there seems to be some middleman in the loop somewhere who can get large amounts that they can pass on to a few retailers at a premium. Music Direct has them but at $100.00

3. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

Yea--Music Direct tends to really jack up the price on the last copies of any out of print MoFis. They were selling Super Fly for $150 or $200 at one point which is pretty sketchy since they own MoFi...seems anytime it gets down to the last 100 copies or so, they triple or quadruple the MoFi prices on Music Direct.

GentleSenator, floyd and hutlock like this.
  4. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

The Chet Bakers have finally moved to "preparing to ship" so I haven't had any pre-order cancels from the last sale yet.

GentleSenator, aoxomoxoa and FWatty like this.
  5. GunsOfBrixton

GunsOfBrixton Forum Resident

My Coltrane Love Supreme from this last B2G1 arrived today (a replacement for one that was damaged due to only being packed in a plastic envelope).

It was perhaps the most unusually packed box I've gotten for a record...

[​IMG]

All was fine, so no complaint this time around...but I was hesitant to approach the record until i was sure there wasn't a tiny hunter in the box...

[​IMG]

JasonA, mpayan, nedison and 19 others like this.
  6. Following

GentleSenator and neubian like this.
  7. Levi's Tubs

Target has been quietly listing some recent Blue Notes that have been missing until now:

Mobley- Soul Station
    Blakey- Moanin'
    Hancock- My Point of View

also Verve's:
    George Russell- NY, NY
    Getz- Getz at the Gate (3 LP)

Also Charles Lloyd's 8 in a 2 LP version. $115 for the fancy schmancy box was too much for me, so I'm glad this one's now on the site.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    superstar19 likes this.
  8. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

I received a delay notification email for Art Blakey's Witch Doctor (BN Tone Poet LP). The email actually provided a deadline to approve the delay (which is new, I think?). It is delayed until June 11 and delay approval deadline is April 25 (of course i immediately approved, just in case they try to do a "sneak" cancel like before...).

superstar19 likes this.
  9. Levi's Tubs

Yep, same. What a novel concept to ask for delay approval while allowing more than 8 minutes to approve the action.

superstar19 likes this.
  10. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Again... WEIRD but they haven’t asked me at all to approve the date; they just changed it, and the order is still active. So I don’t know what’s going on there but as long as I get my records...

11. fndrblndr

fndrblndr Forum Resident

I received the same email this morning.

hutlock likes this.
  12. Thrills

Thrills Forum Resident

My Gil Evans - "Out of the Cool" and Chet Baker - "Chet" preorders from the last sale were canceled this week without warning. I never received an email, just happened to check the order status and they were listed as canceled.

13. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Same here, all my remaining pre-orders which included Blakey, Ray Charles, Dexter Gordon, and Gil Evans all cancelled!

14. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident Thread Starter

B2G1 is supposed to be back starting Sunday 3/21, but it doesn't include music. Movies, board games, kids books, puzzles, and video games. Hopefully music is coming soon.

cyngus, U2Achtung1, waaguirr and 5 others like this.
  15. U2Achtung1

U2Achtung1 Forum Resident

It's usually included with all of that so I guess we'll see soon.

fndrblndr likes this.
  16. Levi's Tubs

Bummer, gents. Looks like no music this time.

GentleSenator likes this.
  17. No books or music this time.

18. stoneknuckle

stoneknuckle Forum Resident

If they follow the same promotional calander as the previous year, as most department stores do, I would pay attention around June 15th for the next B2G1 sale that includes music.

miller_time22 likes this.
  19. Levi's Tubs

I wouldn't be surprised if we see at least one before then. There were several sales this past Fall which were abnormal from their calendar, but that may have been a Covid-related effort to boost sales.

stoneknuckle likes this.
  20. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Has anyone had an issue with Target charging them weekly for a preordered item? I ordered the upcoming Gil Evans AS reissue back in early February and I keep getting charged $20.06 weekly. I thought it was just a renewal of the hold on my card, and eventually the pending charge disappears, but the $20 never goes back into my account. I’ve probably lost $80 extra at least... :( Chatting with an agent now. Hopefully they can figure it out and give me back my $80.

21. fndrblndr

fndrblndr Forum Resident

I have noticed this, too...I have to look back at my statements to see if I am losing money.

Let us know what you find out.

22. Levi's Tubs

It's not a charge, just a pending hold on funds. This is what places do when you use a check card until they finalize the transaction.

marcb, Lethrus, hutlock and 1 other person like this.
  23. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yep. This.

24. Levi's Tubs

Sure could go for another sale. Target ran an odd "For the Children" 3-4-2 sale this past week. In my cart, such children's classics like Blue Velvet and Suspiria had promotional discounts applied.

25. U2Achtung1

U2Achtung1 Forum Resident

They have some records on clearance in some stores.
    I got: Stevie Wonder - #1's, Go-Go's - Greatest, Bob Marley - Exodus Target exclusives and Pink Floyd - The Wall, Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody soundtrack

JasonA, superstar19 and hutlock like this.