Best one album wonders

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by gazzaa2, Jun 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlwm

carlwm Forum Resident

I've just read about the new one. Original line-up too. Definitely tempted!

Their second album was supposed to be a complete dog's dinner despite being produced by Todd Rundgren. I'd heard rumours that it got a limited release but I'd not been able to find as much as a track list so I very much appreciate the link! Time to try and find that 1998 CD. :righton:

2. William Gladstone

William Gladstone I was a teenage daydreamer.

I've looked through here and a lot of great ones, especially the La's and Tones on Tail (absolutely the BEST of the Bauhaus camp). However, I didn't see this one album wonder...Life Without Buildings "Any Other City" from 2001. A friend of mine introduced me to them one night (20 years ago! Ack!!) and I immediately went out and bought it. Arty, angular, 80s Rough Trade music with spitfire scat spoken vocals. Sadly, their best song, Love Trinity, is a standalone single and not on this album.

[​IMG]

Another is the And/Ors "Will Self Destruct," also from 2001. I don't know much about them and I've literally never met anyone else who has heard (of) these guys, but they're noisy, melodic goodness.

3. thematinggame

thematinggame Forum Resident

great album but not their only one

CliffL likes this.
  4. rockerreds

rockerreds Senior Member

Beckies

troggy likes this.
  5. Balding Jay

Balding Jay Forum Resident

For Squrrels, Example.

6. carlwm

carlwm Forum Resident

Touch II has suddenly just appeared on streaming services. It's not quite as good as the original but it's far better than the unmitigated disaster it's supposed to be. Excellent songcraft and performances abound! :righton:

7. cathandler

cathandler Senior Member

8. georgs1963

georgs1963 Forum Resident

No

9. Chemically altered

Chemically altered Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.