Amazon Returns - Return Code?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Spitfire, Jun 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member Thread Starter

Decided to return my Sabotage box set and it looks like Amazon has a new return procedure. Now I take it down to a UPS Store and they will scan a code and they will take care of the packaging and shipping. Anybody do this yet?

2. Jeff Edwards

Jeff Edwards Senior Member

Yes.
    You'll likely get your return credit before you leave the store.

GentleSenator likes this.
  3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

regularly. it's a godsend. if you have a smartphone, just pull up the code and have them scan it.

slashdot87 likes this.
  4. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Yes through Whole Foods. Just show them the QR code on your cell phone. You'll have the refund before you get back to your vehicle.

You can also do this at Kohl's but I have no experience there.

5. rjh_54

rjh_54 Well-Known Member

I returned two items that arrived damaged and brought them to the UPS store with the QR code. It was an easy, painless process, I just brought the items in their original shipping boxes and they taped them up and slapped labels on them. In this particular case I didn't get refunded until the item was delivered back to them. This was most likely either because I waited until the end of the return window to drop it off, or maybe since I always complain because my stuff kept getting delivered to the wrong apartments. In the past, I have gotten refunded once the QR code was scanned by the guy at the desk.

6. Antenociticus

Antenociticus Forum Resident

I've used it a couple of times: there's a Kohls store about a mile from my house where Amazon returns can be taken. It works really well.

7. Yawndave

Yawndave Forum Resident

Sometimes...but for UPS, depending on the store, they may do "consolidated" returns. In that case, they have a returns container that they fill up and send to Amazon--and the return isn't processed until the container is unpacked and scanned in at the Amazon location. I've had returns where the tracking # doesn't even show as "shipped" for up to 10 days.

8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I have done a similar return through Whole Foods, and through a dedicated Amazon shipping/return store. It's pretty painless.

GentleSenator likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.