Garbage New Album "No Gods No Masters" June 11, 2021*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LilacTeardrop, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

I'm tempted by the lime green but I guess one copy should do? I'm hearing New Order in "Flipping The Bird" as well.

Regular album ends with "This City Will Kill You". Too bad they didn't do the RSD vinyl version as double disc with the extras.

JeffMo and aseriesofsneaks like this.
  2. Neonbeam

I actually regret not getting a signed copy. When the announcement came I had it in my basket but decided that I wasn't willing to spend almost 50 bucks on pre-ordering a Garbage album. "Not Your Kind Of People" had a lasting effect, somehow I wrote the band off after that. Which was unfortunate since I've since discovered that "Strange Little Birds" is very good. Obviously I'm not going to support flippers. And, hey, live shows will come and maybe they are selling signed merch again. Which was as expensive as buying from flippers during those recent "Version 2.0" shows. A signed vinyl album was.... I dunno... 100 bucks? :biglaugh:

3. Billy_Sunday

Billy_Sunday ... formerly ThirdBowl

I'm glad that the various covers and singles from the last few years were added to the deluxe edition. I didn't have any of that stuff previously. Back in the day I collected virtually everything. Cassette singles, 45's, imports, etc. I still have most of it, but have parted with a few things over the years. Anyway, by the 2010's I was 'married with children' and my Garbage/Shirley obsession waned a bit. Seeking out rare RSD singles just wasn't a priority.

Anyway -- we are blessed with the fact that Garbage is still making high quality albums!

4. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

No Horses is one hell of a track. Previous to this release I had only streamed it. It is great to see Garbage getting a lot of great reviews. I am sure it is going to help their new tour draw well.

5. Neonbeam

6. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

That’s cool. The previous 20yr anniversary editions were getting pretty pricey. Beautiful Garbage should be due for a 20yr reissue this year too.

7. Neonbeam

Probably the start of an album reissuing campaign. To date most Garbage albums are unavailable on vinyl.

8. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I picked up Garbage 2.0 when it was reissued but just missed out on Garbage and it’s ridiculously expensive so I’m glad it’s getting reissued. Apparently it’s part of the UK National Album Day, which features reissues or releases on coloured vinyl each year.

Neonbeam likes this.
  9. vlad676

vlad676 Forum Resident

I would love they release the singles on 12" Maxi 45rpm. My first choice would be Godhead/No Horses.

10. Billy_Sunday

11. otherdimension

otherdimension Senior Member

Pink vinyl sounds horrible as well- compressed as hell-- really disappointing. No point to the vinly really

12. otherdimension

the "money... money... money" and " If I had a dick--would you blow it" are probably the most cringeworthy bits on the album

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  13. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Going to be interesting what summer setlist will look like.

Shame they aren't headlining own tour, so it remains to be seen how many and which new songs are featured.

Billy_Sunday and Dave 81828384 like this.
  14. Neonbeam

That's a bit overstated. It's definitely not an earbleeder or unlistenable. For what it is it's perfectly decent.

mr.dave, GentleSenator and Porkpie like this.
  15. Nero

Nero Rega - Oppo - Luxman - Sonus Faber.

My green copy sounds great.

But yes the first track are a bit “off”

16. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Agree.

I suspect that if the Alanis tour had happened last year as planned, Garbage would be out on their own this year.

I'm just mad that 2020 broke my burgeoning "consecutive years seeing Garbage". I saw them every year from 2015-2019 but 2020 ended that! :cry:

If they'd played in 2014, it would've been an even longer run since I saw them 2012 and 2013 too! :)

Billy_Sunday and JeffMo like this.
  17. Neonbeam

Score! Found a still sealed "Not Your Kind Of People" in a record store where - according to the pricetag - it has been sitting since 28.8.2013: 16€! :goodie:

Since I sold mine for... around eight Euros in 2013 I couldn't be more happy. Especially since bargains like that have become increasingly unlikely in todays climate where everybody is constantly checking Discogs and marking up prices.

18. mr.dave

mr.dave Forum Resident

Can‘t confirm that. It‘s not precisely audiophile, but horrible??? Far away from..

tin ears and GentleSenator like this.
  19. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

You have best luck finding rare vinyl in the wild!

Neonbeam likes this.
  20. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here" Thread Starter

Sounding strong on World Cafe Live 4-song set -
    :righton:

21. otherdimension

If you like compressed ear bleed music -then good on ya.

22. mr.dave

mr.dave Forum Resident

is it compressed: yes. Have I heard worse: yes.

otherdimension and tin ears like this.
  23. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

24. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Has anyone caught Garbage opening for Alanis yet? Looks like they are playing a 12 song set but not completely static on dates so far!

25. Billy_Sunday

Happy Birthday, Shirley!

[​IMG]