Walmart color vinyl

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

Been a couple weeks. Birthday weekend.
    Two gifts from the family.
    First up...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Acoustic Warrior

And some Jim Croce
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thetman, Tjazz, Davidmk5 and 4 others like this.
  3. sbsugar

sbsugar Representing Benton County since 2010

I haven't seen that one in-store...very cool! How does it sounds?

Acoustic Warrior likes this.
  4. Acoustic Warrior

It is a keeper in my book. I heard the remastered cd from same release year and though I liked the cd, the vinyl does it that much better.

Davidmk5 and sbsugar like this.
  5. Acoustic Warrior

This release has this in the deadwax. Not surprising of course. Sounds great to my ears.
    • Matrix / Runout (Side A runout): MILES. ABBEY ROAD 1/2 SPEED RM30
    • Matrix / Runout (Side B runout): MILES. ABBEY ROAD 1/2 SPEED ROOM 30 D002449601-B
    • Matrix / Runout (Side C runout): MILES. ABBEY ROAD 1/2 SPEED ROOM 30 D002449701-A
    • Matrix / Runout (Side D runout): MILES. ABBEY ROAD 1/2 SPEED RM30 D002449701-B

thetman, bigtail, davers and 4 others like this.
  6. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

I finally tracked down Live Bullet at a Walmart 800 miles from home while on vacation last week. Had high hopes from the comments posted here and on Discogs, but it just doesn't do it for me. The new pressing is very good, mastered well and quiet, but it doesn't beat my original Columbia House Pittman pressing. They sound very similar, and the new mastering has a little more pronounced bass, but the original sounds more open.

Aside from that, this red pressing that I paid $34 for is slightly warped, off-center and is cut roughly around the edge on sides 1/4. And there was a bunch of flashing I had to trim off around the center holes. Unbelievable what passes for "quality" these days. Tomorrow I'm returning this thing like the old lady throwing the tire through the window in the Discount Tire commercials.
    [​IMG]

7. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

Iron Maiden 3LP $59.99 Senjutsu (pre-order 9/30/21)
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Iron-Maiden-Senjutsu-Walmart-Exclusive-Vinyl-Exclusive/176667874

AVAILABLE FROM SELECTED RETAILERS

Aus & NZ - JB HIFI, Canada - independent record shops, Denmark - independent record shops, Finland - all retailers, France - FNAC, Germany - independent record shops, Ireland - all retailers, Italy - independent record shops, Mexico - independent record shops, Netherlands - independent record shops, Norway - independent record shops, Poland - Empik, Portugal - Abilio, Russia - Raremetalmusic, Spain - independent record shops, Sweden - Sweden Rock Magazine, Switzerland - independent record shops, Taiwan - independent record shops, UK - HMV + Iron Maiden Web Store + independent record shops, USA - Walmart
    [​IMG]

Taylor Swift 3LP Fearless (gold vinyl, Taylor's version ) $36.97 (pre-order 9/3/21)
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Taylor-Swift-Fearless-Taylor-s-Version-Vinyl/117252682

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  8. Acoustic Warrior

Sorry it was damaged. Happened to another poster upthread. Mine didn't come with the "litho" so not surprised. I do like the sound very much.

JasonA likes this.
  9. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Walmart’s restocked the Metallica’s

10. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Only the first 3 as far as I can tell. No Justice or Hardwired.

11. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Those 3 were the hard ones to get before this

12. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

THANKS!!!

13. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

How did that return work out? I’m asking because a month or two ago I picked up the Metallica Black album from my nearby store. The jacket looked ok through the shrink wrap, but when I got home and removed the shrink I noticed a lot of bends and creases. I tried to return it and they only offered an exchange for the same title, but the only other copy in the store was opened and had some serious corner bends. It was trashed. After speaking with the customer service manager she offered an exchange for another record of equal amount in store. Walmart would not refund my money. She would not even accept the return and have a Metallica Black record shipped to my home. I ended up getting the White Stripes Greatest Hits from the store. Lesson learned.

JasonA likes this.
  14. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

I would actually check the bins...I don't know if it was ever sold online at that price.

15. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

The return went fine. I had only cut the shrink wrap on it just enough to get the records out, so I don’t think the clerk even realized it was open. She barely looked at it and didn’t ask if there was anything wrong with it, so I had no problem getting a refund.

black sheriff likes this.
  16. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Thats good to hear.:thumbsup: They really gave me a hard time. Probably just my store.

JasonA likes this.
  17. fmfxray373

That's a lot of complaining about a record that is "very good, mastered well and quiet"...is the Columbia Pittman plant still
    pressing vinyl?

18. fmfxray373

There are 4 deluxe 4LP White Album box sets for $49.99 at the new Lake Elsinore Walmart on the SR 74 exit off the Interstate 15 as of yesterday 25 July 2021.
    I saw them as I was buying the red/white vinyl LP of Queen's greatest hits.

The actual exit number on the I-15 is 77.

So if you are a Fab fan and live in the Inland Empire you should know where that is.

If you end up in Orange County taking the scenic route through the Cleveland National Forest via the Ortega Highway you went west instead of east lol.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  19. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

As I predicted earlier in the thread more of the Metallica exclusives came in stock. Grabbed RTL and MOP. A SHF member reminded me that when the STP Purple exclusive came back in stock, it was only for about a week, them it was gone, gone. So if you want some you missed before, I wouldn't hesitate.

Tjazz and black sheriff like this.
  20. sailingsinkingships

sailingsinkingships Forum Resident

Got my Metallica “Kill Em’ All” and “Master of Puppets” in the mail. Each one has a good crease in one corner. Looks like Master is out of stock. Not sure if it is worth it to try for another Kill. Decisions, decisions…

I did get the STP Purple several weeks ago and that was in mint condition.

Davidmk5 and black sheriff like this.
  21. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Were the creases caused in transit? Is the mailer damaged? That always s**ks. Sorry to hear.

My stuff should be here tomorrow.

sailingsinkingships likes this.
  22. sailingsinkingships

sailingsinkingships Forum Resident

Likely caused in transit. As soon as I saw the mailer I knew it wasn’t likely to be good. The right upper corner of the mailer was beat to hell. It is surprising that the creases were not worse than they were.

black sheriff likes this.
  23. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

Mine was just the opposite experience. When I ordered "Purple", the package looked beat and it had creases in the corners. I reordered while it was in stock, and the second one was fine. It was out of stock shortly after.

I ordered the Metallica LP's and those came quickly and in great shape.

My advice? If you really want it and have the funds to pay, get another copy while it's still in stock. It probably won't be around long, and most Wal-mart's are pretty good with returns if the item is still sealed.

(I know one Forum member above reported having problems with LP returns at Wal-mart. Maybe I'm incorrect, but from reading his post I think that's because the LP was opened, and the complaint was about cover creases. Most places will give you a tough time if the record is opened and the record itself is not defective. If the record is sealed and you want a return you shouldn't have a problem, especially if you have your shipping label or the receipt on your phone or something. I've always found Wal-mart easy to return stuff to.)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    sailingsinkingships likes this.
  24. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I had asked @JasonA because his set was also opened. If the record is still sealed it shouldn’t be a problem returning, as you’ve mentioned.

25. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

I’m glad because the thought of going into a Walmart is nauseating

The Elephant Man and jason202 like this.