Dollar tree cds

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by dr jazz, Jul 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dr jazz

dr jazz Forum Resident Thread Starter

CDs are showing up at many dollar tree stores. Ymmv. They seem to be mainly from the concord family of labels. I got 19 th holes a 2 CD jazz compilation, the Hudson project ( Abercrombie, mintzer,erskine and patitucci), a lady smith black mambazo, James Barnes 3030 hindsight-2 CD,an ozomatli, JP and Chrissie hyndes, and a telarc classic Brahms requiem. There were some soundtracks too.

2. rjp

rjp Senior Member

the cut-out bins used to be wonderful places, this is good news.

samwisefan and ScramMan2 like this.
  3. dr jazz

I should point out for those who care some had drill holes and others did not

4. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

You got my attention! I'm a sucker for a $1 CD.

Here in the Los Angeles area, I went to both my nearby Dollar Tree's. Neither one had CD's, but both had stacks of merchandise in cardboard boxes that have yet to be put onto the floor. I live in one of the areas where finding employees is tough - both stores seemed understaffed, and the aisles were messy and low on stock.

One employee told me that when they get blu-rays, typically one or two customers will come in and buy the entire inventory at once. He thinks that could happen with CD's, he's not sure.

Anyway, there's a 2-minute video on YouTube from someone reporting the same thing from his local Dollar Tree Store. The stock he shows is not Concord-label-style but mostly 2000 - 2010 rock and rap. His video is here: .

Although I saw a Ladysmith Black Mambazo, and that's a Requiem in the front of one of the rows.

[​IMG]

superstar19, dr jazz and Davidmk5 like this.
  5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Man, that is one TERRIBLE video. Let someone who actually has a clue do that video.

6. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

What department/section of the store are they usually found? (I realize every store might be different.)

I was in a Dollar Tree last weekend, and while they had a section with books (plenty of $1 Bibles...!), I didn't see any CDs, Blu-Rays, etc.

7. dr jazz

They are usually in the electronic section near cell phone accessories

samwisefan likes this.
  8. Ilusndweller

Ilusndweller S.H.M.F.=>Reely kewl.

I used to see Ozomatli at their weekly gig at The Dragonfly (same place where the Chili Peppers got their start) 25 years ago. Good times.

9. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Thanks! I only gave the briefest glance down that aisle, and since I wasn't looking to buy any $1 earbuds or USB cables, I moved on. I will take a closer look there in the future!

10. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Good to know, now I have a reason to go into a Dollar Tree.

11. dr jazz

They sometimes rarely have eagle rock DVDs. I recently got queen making a night at the opera DVD there.

12. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Man, a lot of the WEA stuff is stuff we had a heard time giving away to accounts. Oh well. Somebody found a way to clear the pallets in the warehouse.

13. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Then you are really not going to like his Dollar Tree Rap video

Greenalishi and Patanoia like this.
  14. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

Thanks for sharing, I drive by them all the time.. and sometimes go in. I have small kids, and you can't beat the price for art supplies. Crayola stuff too, not even off-brand.

15. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I have been to four Dollar Tree stores in Southern California this week (every time I pass one, I check in). None have any CDs.

samwisefan likes this.
  16. parkmebike

parkmebike I'm in love with a girl...

I stopped at my local Dollar Tree yesterday - they had two boxes of CDs, maybe 100 in total. Odd assortment, but I picked up three discs:

Nickel Creek - Why Should The Fire Die?
    The Jayhawks - Mockingbird Time
    The Chieftans/Ry Cooder - San Patricio (Deluxe CD/DVD edition)

17. I have yet to see these CDs on the East Coast.

rockerreds and black sheriff like this.
  18. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Will have to check into. Every time I go in there everything costs much more than a dollar!!!!

19. themistocles

themistocles Forum Resident

I can confirm they are on the east coast. I picked up a Ben Webster - Centennial Celebration in Phillipsburg, NJ last weekend. I have been to two of my local Manhattan Dollar Tree stores which had nothing.

The NJ store had maybe 60-70 CD's. Far more DVD's than CD's. Nothing much to my taste. But hey, one dollar!

20. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

We have a brand new Dollar Tree nearby, and I've been tempted to stop in to check for CDs. Then I remember the one CD that I bought in a DT probably 12 years ago... Bjork's Volta, which I still haven't opened.

SimonSaysCake likes this.
  21. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I will check the next time we go...wow, interesting...I rather have more blu-rays!

22. wynnwikman

wynnwikman Senior Member

Heres what I picked up at a Michigan store. Will have to check out some other stores.

[​IMG]DollarStoreCDs by wynnwikman, on Flickr

23. GLENN

GLENN Forum Resident

You might be thinking of Dollar General.

24. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Or the mis-named "99 Cents Only" store.

25. manicpopthrill

manicpopthrill Forum Resident

Stopped into a Dollar Tree while on my way to pick up my son from school.......nada.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.