Amazon vinyl subscription

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Jun 13, 2021.

1. CatchAsCan

CatchAsCan Forum Resident

Is this a random way of clearing out vinyl overstock, or do you give your musical preferences? It does seem strange that three subscribers received three different albums in the same time frame.

Man at C&A likes this.
  2. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

There are quite a few subscription services. I guess I’m not the target. I’ve gotten emails and seen ads for them. But, I like to choose what I buy. Not knowing what it is, just not my thing

3. elgoodo

elgoodo Forum Resident

so it's like a 1o dollar off coupon in exchange for following a random, mystery grab-bag approach? I guess I'm just not the target audience for this. I'm also one of those people who hopes Jeff Bezos gets lost in space so there's that too.

4. I Have Been Floated

I Have Been Floated Duke of Kirkcaldy Thread Starter

Looks like it's CCR- Chronicle this month

5. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Meh. The music is indisputably great, but compilations don't tend to have the best sound quality (except when engineers like our host take the time to track down the original masters of each track). Plus, I already have the Analogue Productions CCR box set of SACDs, mastered by Steve Hoffman.

If that's still the title that's offered when it hits my "Your Orders" page tomorrow, I might skip this month. Fingers crossed that they "sell out" of it and move on to a different title by tomorrow...

6. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

You can buy that for $26.30 from Amazon, and you don't HAVE to get it. Saving $1.30 and having someone else decide what you get...maybe not the most attractive thing.

7. HarryB

HarryB Well-Known Member

CCR Chronicle was my ROTM this month, I saw the email notice and, since I already own it, I tried to cancel the order but it would not allow me to do so. The album arrived in 2 days, I simply then clicked the return option and sent it back for free from my UPS store. Pretty painless, here's hoping I get some titles I like in the future, if not pretty easy to send them back.

8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Just be aware that Amazon can AND DOES close and blacklist accounts (for life) for "too many returns." Not sure I'd burn all those on some stupid record returns from an auto-ship service.

black sheriff likes this.
  9. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Well, i would *hope* that these vinyl club subscription returns would be exempt from counting against you, considering the ease of returns is touted as a primary feature of the club. However, I know that's not always how these things work out. To be safe, I just canceled my CCR order as soon as it appeared in my "Your Orders" page. Cancelation processed in a minute. So I'm out for this month. See what title they offer me next month.

10. Marshman96

Marshman96 Forum Resident

so i subscribed on Wed, got London Calling today, canceled subscription resubscribed today getting The Wall on sunday. thats two different titles both discounted down to 24.99 in one week. not bad considering how expensive new vinyl is this year.

Bloom likes this.
  11. DemonPreyer

DemonPreyer Forum Resident

I just resigned up and the selection for me is also The Wall.

12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Some are reporting:

First subscription: Clash : London Calling
    Second subscription: Pink Floyd: The Wall
    Third subscription: Pablo Cruise: Part of the Game

So it looks like a great way to add depth and breadth.

13. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

I think you've been trolled

Davidmk5 likes this.
  14. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

Well a month later and zero communication from Amazon about the second months shipment. I keep checking my orders to see if something updates and i see a new order pending or something. Mostly curious what pops up next more than anything else.

MikeInFla likes this.
  15. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

Hope they sort out how to pack vinyl – if only for the sake of people who join this 'club'.

16. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

That's a great start! Enjoy.

17. ascot

ascot Senior Member

My second LP arrived yesterday - Pink Floyd - The Wall

Happy with this offering because I didn't have it yet but would have at some point.

18. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

I would pay Jeff Bezos $25 a month to ensure that I never receive a copy of The Wall in the mail. :)

deadcoldfish, JasonA, Mark J and 3 others like this.
  19. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

MikeInFla likes this.
  20. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

21. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

22. Mark J

Mark J Senior Member

One of the reasons I never turn on 'classic rock' radio is the fear that I will inevitably hear 'Comfortably Numb' etc.

Shawn likes this.
  23. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

That’s the one song from that album I can just about stand to hear, as Gilmour is always the spoonful of sugar that helps Waters’ misanthropy and amusicality go down.

24. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Mark J likes this.
  25. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

You need to ask yourself: Have you become comfortably numb to the sounds of classic rock?

Mark J likes this.