Ray Donovan - The Movie

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chazro, Nov 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident Thread Starter

The Ray Donovan thread has closed, I was gonna post this over there but anyways....just saw a preview of the new Ray Donovan movie premiering in January! It was good to see the whole crew again, I hope they'll be able to undo the stench of the last season!

2. '05Train

'05Train Crashin' & Flyin' & Livin' & Dyin'

Though the show's quality went down the last season or so, I really enjoyed it overall. Here's hoping the movie provides a satisfying wrap to the story.

Mr Class & Quality? likes this.
  3. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Showtime movie? Theatrical movie?

4. TimM

TimM Senior Member

I would give this a look. The series staggered to the finish line IMHO, but Ray is a great character worth exploring a little more.

'05Train likes this.
  5. David Egan

David Egan Forum Resident

I like this show but there is some nonsense that has been going on for a while that needs to get wrapped up in a final conclusion. And I'm glad that it's not a whole season. Some of our favorite cable shows (Sons Of AnarCOUGHy) gave us final chapters that were indulgantly elongated into mini eternities. I am confident that justice will prevail. Bats entertainment.

6. gabbleratchet7

gabbleratchet7 Forum Resident

I must have been under a rock when the release date was announced, as I just came across it. Really looking forward to this.

7. Riktator

Riktator Surfer of the Audio Waves

I surely hope that they do justice to the early seasons. The past couple of years has felt like recycling the episodes. Ray gets beat up. Ray beats somebody up. Ray and Mickey just need to settle things, one way or another.

gabbleratchet7 likes this.
  8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I like that they've apparently licensed the song "It's a Shame About Ray" to be the theme song for the movie.

9. David Egan

David Egan Forum Resident

I'm going to do a shot every time Ray says "Sure".

ibanez_ax likes this.
  10. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

Or "What?".

11. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Just finished, wow!

12. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

cdcollector87 likes this.
  13. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I thought it was...okay. Kinda like the Deadwood movie - in that it needed more than two hours (but not a full season) to put a bow on everything.

14. cdcollector87

cdcollector87 Forum Resident

I liked the first couple seasons of the show. I watched the movie. Meh, it was okay, not great. It could have been a little longer and contained more material about Ray's beginnings and better connected it to the first season of the show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.