Walmart color vinyl

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Thanks for the heads up on the And Justice For All. I picked up Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets a few months ago and figured I'd pick up And Justice later, then it went out of stock.

Now the ELO is out of stock. Hope that one comes back around.

grouploner, JasonA and MikeInFla like this.
  2. sbsugar

sbsugar Representing Benton County since 2010

FWIW, the ELO and Jimi LPs are regular price at my local Wal Mart...must be a store by store thing.

NJB

black sheriff, MikeInFla and JasonA like this.
  3. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

My store was the same way. ELO scanned at $27.97

sbsugar likes this.
  4. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

It might be a long shot, but maybe ask the store if they'll price match the web site?

5. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

In my experience, Walmart will not price match their own web site prices.

JasonA likes this.
  6. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Yeah, that's what I've heard too. One time I was able to convince a cashier at the checkout to price adjust an item that rang up higher than the web site price, but I'm sure that was an exception to the normal policy.

I guess I just don't "get" Walmart: here's a record on sale for $9 on our web site, but you can't buy it online. It's only available in stores. But your store doesn't have it, and the stores that DO have it, charge $27 for it. So, how, exactly, am I supposed to purchase it for the advertised price of $9? This is the definition of bait-and-switch.

And I've seen other examples of this with their Black Friday vinyl sale, where there's seemingly no logic in which titles you can buy online vs. which ones you have to buy at the store and which ones can be bought online then picked up at the store vs. no option but to pay for shipping to your house. It's maddening!

cwitt1980 and sbsugar like this.
  7. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

8. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

You could try to buy it online with the 'store pickup' option.
    I tried to do that on the spot once when they wouldn't match their online price, but they told me I would have to wait for the order to go through the system and the item to be pulled so I could pick it up, which could take a few hours... just plain silly!

9. Jason Deason

Jason Deason Forum Resident

10. t4t3r

t4t3r Forum Resident

Thanks for posting. I ordered this the other day and received today. Sounds a little flat but not bad until I can get the remaining 2011 Bellman cuts I need. Feels like I am batting about .800 on seam splits these past couple months so I guess I have that going for me. :realmad:

11. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

Haggis Wampovich and Patanoia like this.
  12. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
    black sheriff and superstar19 like this.
  13. Tjazz

14. davers

davers Forum Resident

My local finally got the Jimi Hendrix Live In Atlanta in stock; I've been waiting since Black Friday so was happy to snag that one. Still waiting for ELO's Greatest Hits...

I also picked up the Bob Seger's Greatest Hits (2-LP colored vinyl) and Ghostbusters Soundtrack (white vinyl).

sbsugar and superstar19 like this.
  15. Tjazz

16. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Yeah they still have Hendrix and ELO at my local store. I passed on the Hendrix when I saw it was just LP 2 of the 2 LP set (which I already have). While it does look cool I could not justify buying another copy. Keep an eye out for ELO there might be some at another store if you have more than one Walmart in your area.

17. davers

davers Forum Resident

Indeed I just found ELO at one of my other locals! I also snagged Guns 'n Roses' Greatest Hits since they had one of those in stock too.

MikeInFla likes this.
  18. Tjazz

mur, sbsugar, quicksrt and 1 other person like this.
  19. Tjazz

Dolly Parton Run Rose Run $24.98
    Pre-order 3/4/2022
    [​IMG]

20. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Billy Joel 5oth Anniversary lps coming in 2 weeks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

22. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

$25 each lp or you can buy a whole set at $155

[​IMG]

23. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

So they're charging $5 more to buy the whole set, as opposed to buying each album separately? :confused:

I see now -- each album is $25.97, and the set is $155.88. $25.97 x 6 = $155.82. Still seems weird that they wouldn't give a slight price break to those who buy the whole set at once.

24. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I agree , i wonder if they come in a box ? doesn't ,mention anything .....

25. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

I bought all six Metallica colored vinyl albums (they sold all six together for a price that was, I think, a little less than the cost of the six albums bought individually, but I'm not sure) as a set, and they were really well-packed. They came inside a kind of thick record album mailer-type cardboard container that had flaps/extensions that allowed that container to sit snugly and securely inside a cardboard box that was a perfect fit for that inner container. Maybe they'll do the same for this Billy Joel set of five.

MikeInFla and Davidmk5 like this.