uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    hype and hutlock like this.
  2. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

and everything id want is on preorder

Dr. J. likes this.
  3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

or out of stock. Bummer.

joelee, aoxomoxoa and Swordsandchains like this.
  4. SteakandBlackOnions

SteakandBlackOnions Forum Resident

Tried 2 in-stock BN Classics and This Year's Model remaster. No discount applied. No sale.

5. hype

hype Forum Resident

If someone tries adding points as well could you let me know if it works? Since it's auto applied there's a chance it might. Too bad there's so many exclusions though.

6. ETSEQ

ETSEQ Forum Resident

I was looking into using my points this morning and ran into this issue as well (I have over 2,000 and never used my points before). It appears I can only redeem 100 points at a time. This seems inconsistent with the terms as described in their FAQ page, which says "For every 500 points earned, you receive a $5 off discount code."

What the heck is going on here? I sent them an email quoting this language and asking for four $5 off discount codes. We'll see what happens.

I assume they won't let you apply all your redeemed points at once (at least not anymore), but I haven't gotten there yet...

bjlefebvre likes this.
  7. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

Seems people have ruined a nice thing…I think it was last year that UDiscover changed their rewards program and allowed you to stack coupons with rewards points. Then people used the loophole to generate endless $5 off coupons and get stuff for free. They closed that. Now they make it difficult for you to use your points…I haven’t had the 100 points increments thing happen yet but haven’t ordered anything since may when I put in a huge BN order

hype, GentleSenator and ETSEQ like this.
  8. ETSEQ

ETSEQ Forum Resident

Yeah I'm sure people went nuts with these coupons and discounts. But to be fair, it's the company's responsibility to properly think through and design their rewards program from the outset to avoid these loopholes. It's a big company and this shouldn't be that hard. I don't begrudge people from using what's made available to them.

I do think it's messed up to have rewards policies that are inconsistent with what is stated elsewhere on the website (like on the FAQ page) and they should at least give me coupons in increments of $5. Though it probably doesn't even make sense to use those if they can't be combined with a sale item.

As people have said, it seems there is no point in ordering from uDiscover except when there is a big sale.

Buggyhair, hype, Ray29 and 5 others like this.
  9. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

There was never a point to order from them unless it’s a big sale, to be fair. Their regular prices are always MSRP and usually higher than most other shops.

And they did close the loophole now so you can’t stack coupons. Just a shame it also prevents legit users from stacking rewards points and coupon codes. You could do that for a bit and it was great.

10. hype

hype Forum Resident

I agree, I seen several people publicly bragging about filling up entire Kallax squares with free albums so I could only imagine how much it added up to for the close to year they kept it open. I still think it's messed up to just screw over the legit customers since it was there continued incompetence that never corrected the same problem and instead of even fixing it now with some new added restrictions they just took the easiest route. What really showed how backwards they are especially for such a massive company is that just recently a customer service rep argued with me for several emails that we could still stack points until he "asked a supervisor" who finally informed him that you in fact can't and that they have no plans as of now to bring it back which is what I was hoping for since I believe most of my points expire towards the end of this year.

It is what is though I def. got plenty of killer deals through them regardless and it seems like any place that has great deals for vinyl doesn't last too long anymore.

GentleSenator and Mike H. like this.
  11. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i believe you, but man that would be a ton of work to get hundreds of $5 virtual gift cards in order to fill up the shelves. i'd rather just have the ability to stack points + black friday discounts back. that was a great discount last year.

hype and Matthew Tate like this.
  12. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

You'd have to open 20 accounts with different email addresses just to get $100 in codes. The amount of time it takes to set up accounts for $5 gift cards each is not even worth it. Some people have way too much time on their hands. If I had a couple hours to burn, I'd rather do something else than pursue that scheme.

Side note: I received shipping notice of my Uber box. It was combined shipping with the Beastie Boys Check Your Head set, so it was delayed until now. My wife is going to be pissed when it hits the porch.

GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  13. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

But just think how excited she will be when she sees your wonderful new gnomes!

Chris Bernhardt and FWatty like this.
  14. FWatty

Oh, she'll be really happy to see all the junk in this box.

groovelocked and hutlock like this.
  15. Dr. J.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
    aoxomoxoa likes this.
  16. Coltrane811

Coltrane811 Forum Resident

Blue Train Mono for 24 bucks shipped isn’t too bad at all.

jimhb, hutlock, FWatty and 1 other person like this.
  17. Dr. J.

Damn right!

[​IMG]

18. FWatty

I was prepared to declare a uDiscover conspiracy against me, but the code doesn't work on the Uber box. I guess the world doesn't actually revolve around @FWatty (referring to myself in the third person).

aoxomoxoa and Dr. J. like this.
  19. FWatty

I will say that if anyone doesn't have Don Cherry's Brown Rice, it's regularly a steal at $19.99. At 40% off it's worthy of an international crimes investigative tribunal.

jhm, Patanoia and Dr. J. like this.
  20. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Wow. Udiscover surprised me this time. Nice

21. throwupmyhands

throwupmyhands Forum Resident

I'm trying to use rewards off Sound of Vinyl because they're doing the same sale, but for whatever reason, I can't use my rewards on a sale. What a letdown.

22. throwupmyhands

throwupmyhands Forum Resident

I'm re-reading some of the posts in this thread and I'm understanding more about the points. Thanks to everyone who wrote before. Sound of Vinyl must be in the exact same situation as their sister website.

23. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

Shopping cart
    Product image Description Quantity Price
    [​IMG]
    Breaking Point! (Blue Note Tone Poet Series) LPShips on August 15, 2022 1 $23.39
    [​IMG]
    Unity (Blue Note Classic Vinyl Series) LPShips on August 19, 2022 1 $16.78
    [​IMG]
    Adam’s Apple (Blue Note Classic Vinyl Series) LPShips on August 19, 2022 1 $16.79
    [​IMG]
    Blue Train Mono (Blue Note Tone Poet Series) LPShips on September 16, 2022 1 $23.40
    Scroll for more items
    Cost summary
    Description Price
    Subtotal
    $80.36
    Shipping & Handling Free
    Taxes $6.22
    Total USD $86.58

Dr. J., TxRangersFan and Coltrane811 like this.
  24. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Probably due to the fact there are CD's in this box and it's a "vinyl only" sale...I found out by putting a few CD box sets in my cart thinking I would save on them as well but alas...no go...

25. bresna

bresna Senior Member

Why doesn't Coltrane's "Crescent" get discounted? There is no disclaimer saying that it is excluded. I can add other LPs from the Verve Acoustic Sounds Series and they get discounted but not "Crescent".