Latest Target In-Store Vinyl Markdowns

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by The Q2 Continuum, Dec 31, 2022.

1. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Went to two N. Dallas suburb stores this morning, first, had NO records. Second (Allen):

Springsteen, Born With the Runs, $ $8.49 (Several in the rack)
    Winehouse, Live At Glastonbury, $14.99
    Beatles, Abbey Road, $9.49
    Beatles, Rubber Soul, $9.49
    David Gray, Best Of, $11.99
    CCR, Chronicle, $$10.99 (Lots in the rack)

FWIW, they all rang up as CDs

jamesc, hutlock, Tjazz and 1 other person like this.
  2. Antenociticus

Antenociticus Forum Resident

Just stopped off at a Target in Va. Nothing on the end caps. All the vinyl I could see was full price, confirmed with in-store scanner.

3. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

My local Target, which seemingly never has any vinyl on clearance, actually had some today. Granted, it wasn’t much of a selection, but I managed to still get a few deals. Offspring’s Greatest Hits for $12.49, The Beatles Let It Be Target exclusive with a free T-shirt for $18.99, and Ghost’s Imperia Target exclusive colored vinyl for $11.49. Other than that, there was a ton of Adele, Jack White’s Fear Of The Dawn (which I already have) and a few other titles I had zero interest in. They were all just placed in a random pile on a shelf, in an aisle full of various other clearance items - mostly toys, books and other stuff - about 30 feet away from the regular vinyl area. Had I not bothered to look down that aisle, I never would have known they were there. Tried scanning several other albums in their regular vinyl section, and none were coming up as on sale, just regular price.
    None of these were on sale at my local Target, and I checked, too, so the markdowns seem to be somewhat random by store.

Aggie87 likes this.
  4. jayceman

jayceman Forum Resident

^^These seem to be Best Buy finds, not Target.

Also, FYI, most stores Markdown Teams mark down Electronics items on Mondays, so with most of the current clearanced vinyl being at 50% off, check as early as next Monday afternoon, for a possible drop to 70% off.

5. DLD

DLD Senior Member

thanks, big brain fart

6. neruda

neruda Forum Resident

Oh ****. Looks like I have a Best Buy visit in my future.

7. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Not a record but in the record section at my local Target there were two copies of the big fat Target edition of the Beatles’ Get Back hardcover which includes four lobby cards. OG price was $42, marked down to $12.60. Will take one for that price for sure.

8. wza97

wza97 Forum Resident

I need to be done and I already have the CD/DVD/vinyl set from a few years ago but the Target in Rockville, Maryland had the STP Core Deluxe 4 LP set for about $60 when I was there yesterday.

hutlock likes this.
  9. breakingglass

breakingglass Forum Resident

Checking my local Target, thur had about 30 titles left in their meager vinyl display. I grabbed the 3 rock titles they had (Led Zeppelin IV, Red Hot Chili Peppers Unlimited Love, Beatles Revolver). All three are priced right at $38. Is that really the new price point? I checked Amazon and LZIV was only $25 there.

10. mch007

mch007 Forum Resident

Was LZIV 2 LP version? 1 LP should not be $38

11. breakingglass

breakingglass Forum Resident

It was the 1 LP which prompted me to post.

12. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

You need to check the price with the in store scanner. Many I have found to be on sale and are not marked.

13. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

Yep, as I said, I checked - which means I used the store scanner even though I didn’t explicitly state that. There was nothing I scanned that didn’t come up at full price, unless it was already marked with a Clearance sticker. That’s not to say that there might not have been other albums I didn’t check that may have been on sale, but if it wasn’t something I was interested in, I didn’t bother.

Going back to my earlier statement that it’s somewhat random what’s on sale by store, I checked two different stores to see if the Red Hot Chili Peppers Return Of The Dream Canteen would scan as being on sale, as it wasn’t marked as such. In each case it was a no, with the album being regular price. Same with the Deluxe Edition exclusive version of Imagine Dragons debut album, Night Visions, as these were both titles others had listed as picking up on sale. Yet two days ago, I visited a third Target store a bit further away from me, and I found both those records among their Clearance section, and marked as such at 50% off. Of course I bought them, but it’s weird that some stores had them on sale, while others don’t.

JasonA, hype, hutlock and 1 other person like this.
  14. hype

hype Forum Resident

Same here.. I only have 1 target remotely close to me and everything I tried (Probably 20-25) were all full price. It seems even more of a gamble then the recent Best Buy clearance but i'll happily keep trying if there's a chance.

Rocketdog likes this.
  15. hutlock

I get that all the time. Not sure how or why it is that way, but it definitely is that way. I have five Target stores by me and they are all different on this. Like I posted that Beatles Get Back hardcover deal that I found at my nearest one for $12, but then I saw it at the next closest a day later still marked at full price (and also came up at full price on the scannner.)

It might be as simple as some stores have more manpower than others, or it might be some crazy algorithm that does it. Who knows? All I can say is that threads like this one have saved me a ton over the last couple of years.

EDIT: also of note, the Sam Cooke wasn’t visually marked down at ANY of those Targets, but it scanned at $10 at ALL of them and I purchased it twice for that price at two different stores (one for my girlfriend).

Rocketdog and superstar19 like this.
  16. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Another way of saying that would be "threads like this one have cost me a ton over the last couple of years", as I find it hard to resist buying things I don't necessarily need just because they're cheap.:D

17. hutlock

SO TRUE.

popscene and JasonA like this.
  18. popscene

popscene Senior Member

To that $3.99 Leo Sayer box set from DeepDiscount that's collecting dust, here's lookin' at you, kid.

19. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Caved and picked up the Adele 30 today for $11.39.

Also picked up a couple of Christmas vinyls on sale, I guess for next Christmas lol:
    Motown 1's Christmas - $8.99
    Kelly Clarkson - When Christmas Comes Around $5.99
    Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve and Other Stories $10.49

SJP and Tjazz like this.
  20. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Nat king Cole - Christmas Song $7.49
    Bocelli - family Christmas $8.69

hutlock likes this.
  21. cyngus

cyngus Forum Resident

Trans-Siberian Orchestra / Christmas Eve and Other Stories (Red vinyl Target Exclusive) $10.49

jim249 and superstar19 like this.
  22. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

Motown Christmas 1's was 29.99 now 8.99 (2 record set)
    Bing Crosby Christmas Classics, was 24.99 now 7.49
    Great time to be buying Christmas albums for later this year.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  23. ngower

ngower Forum Resident

I assume the Charlie Brown Christmas isn't on sale?

24. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

Nope. Checked it with the in store scanner.

25. theycallmemitch

theycallmemitch Forum Resident

Saw a handful of vinyls today that hit clearance, most were unmarked at the stores I went to but the prices were the same at the 4 stores when scanned. One did have clearance tags on the shelves but the prices were higher than what they scanned at:

50% off
    2Pac - THUG - The Best of 2Pac Vol. 1 - 13.99

70% off
    Tyler Hubbard (self titled) - 11.99
    Abba - Voyage - 7.79
    Eminem - Curtain Call 2 - 17.99
    Prince - Welcome 2 America - 8.09

Did scan a bunch of other stuff but was not able to find anything else. Prices are after the discounts.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
    superstar19, Tjazz, hutlock and 3 others like this.