Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Well, you're lucky. Check out the Web for many many tales of woe from those who got to return until they couldn't order anymore.

ispace, latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  2. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Hundreds?
    Does that mean you've made purchases over 5oo or so items? Wow

hutlock likes this.
  3. Cjb2233

Cjb2233 Forum Resident

doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

4. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

I ordered an MMT and it came in a cardboard jacket. I was hoping Amazon was going to send the Canadian pressing but it was the Optimal, which I already have. Which pressing did you get?

latheofheaven likes this.
  5. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

Just got the MMT, German pressing - sounds great, and I’m grateful for the tip upstream!

6. Leugi

Leugi Forum Resident

Honestly, complaining about a bent corner to game the system and get to keep item is tantamount to theft. Nothing to brag about….

Surrural and Slice like this.
  7. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

That's not what's happening here at all. They simply requested a replacement but were instead offered a refund. I'd hardly consider that gaming the system.

But hey, if you're fine with receiving damaged goods, then you do you.

ispace, hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  8. I haven't opened it yet, but according to the UPC, the pressing of MMT I received was this :

The Beatles – Magical Mystery Tour (2012, Gatefold, 180 gram, Vinyl) - Discogs

There was no sticker on the back designating that it came from Germany. The spine denotes Capitol 824651.

fmfxray373 and latheofheaven like this.
  9. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Does the front sticker say "Printed in the EU" like this one:

[​IMG]

If so, it's likely pressed in Germany.

10. No, it does not.

The front sticker has "Manufactured and distributed by Capitol Records. Printed in USA 824651.

In addition, the info to the left of the sticker sez (in very tiny writing):

Capitol UMe
    A Universal Music Company

11. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Pretty sure that’s a U.S. pressing.

sharedon and latheofheaven like this.
  12. Yes. :) Apparently, this pressing was from Rainbo. I was tapping into the deal provided on post #15987 (January 5, 2023) of this thread.

I did order it at a later date (January 10, 2023).

Weird (or maybe not) that some who ordered from the same original post of the $20.07 deal received a copy from Germany. I'm not complaining, though.

13. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

Yeah, since we’ve been shopping at Amazon for 20 years or so. Just a guess though, for kicks I checked how many items we returned in 2022. 17.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
    hutlock likes this.
  14. fmfxray373

Some of my Abbey Road Remix LPs from Canada don't have a Made In Canada sticker. Only the dead wax will definitively prove where it was pressed.
    Can't imagine a Rainbo still in stock after 11 years lol.

15. Assuming Amazon "substituted" stock of the original sale / offering --- Yeah ... after reading some reviews about the Rainbo pressing (on Discogs), I started a return. One of very few returns in my purchase history with Amazon.

latheofheaven and fmfxray373 like this.
  16. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

did you listen to it first?

17. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

when i complain about a "bent corner", i'm just looking for a replacement or refund. when amazon tells me i can keep the item, i'm always surprised.

18. fmfxray373

Just to clarify: on the 2012 Beatle remasters pressed recently in Canada (according to Discogs some may be being pressed by GZ in Tennessee since they have joined with Memphis Record Pressing ) the black and green hype sticker doesn't say Made In Canada...it will still give the place of manufacture as Hollywood, CA. So I usually look for the Made In Canada sticker or stamp on the shrink wrap. In other words the Canadian 2012 hype stickers resemble the Rainbo hype sticker. I haven't done a direct comparison.

19. Biff Jones

Biff Jones Forum Resident

What is the preferred pressing of this version of the 2012 remastered Magical Mystery Tour? Sorry if I missed it earlier. Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  20. fmfxray373

The German Optimal which is hard to find in stores now. Amazon sent me one last week though. I like the Canadian pressings of the Giles Sgt. Pepper and Abbey Road remixes because they sound fantastic. I just wanted to see how a Canadian pressing of the 2012 MMT sounded and was surprised that the one they sent me was Optimal.

If it is still cheap on Amazon take a chance and order it maybe it's the German pressing. I doubt they have Rainbos in stock.

21. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

Mine has "Made in Canada" ink stamped in the shrinkwrap on the lower back. It's faint, so you have to squint to see it.

22. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

23. Biff Jones

Biff Jones Forum Resident

Thank you. Good advice!

fmfxray373 and latheofheaven like this.
  24. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

I agree with this advice. Overall, I think this is an excellent mastering on vinyl of Magical Mystery Tour, only beat by the German HorZu pressing. And this one has the full packaging with the book.

Even my original Rainbo press sounds great, so I think whether you get a Canadian, German or (unlikely) Rainbo pressing, you’ll have a fine sounding LP.

25. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

An aside: several years ago DapperGentleman put together some of his favorite musical memories for another forum here on Hoffman. Current readers might enjoy it as well:
    What's Your Musical "Lame Claim to Fame"?

====================================
    Only one copy of this left on Amazon. It's an album of almost 'ambient' improvised music, but using traditional harp, guitar, etc.
    Quilting s/t for $13.48 Prime
    https://www.amazon.com/Quilting/dp/B0B87GVZKK

Listen at bandcamp: Quilting, by Quilting