$1 Vinyl Sale at Walmart

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ModernDayWarrior, Feb 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

None of these titles are marked or identified as being on sale...they just are.

2. WithinYourReach

WithinYourReach Resident Millennial

No titles available for $1 at the two Walmarts near me. All that I checked were regularly priced. Bummer.

3. thewonders

thewonders Someone that I used to know

Yes I know. I pulled out several titles and had a clerk scan them - none of them on sale.

4. psulioninks

It sounds like the OP was given a list of JUST the titles that are on sale for $1. If you see any of those titles, they should be available for $1...everything else will be regular price.

5. WithinYourReach

WithinYourReach Resident Millennial

Yeah, I checked several of the titles OP listed that were available at the two near me. Just regularly priced.

6. psulioninks

Interesting. I am going to hit another Walmart tomorrow to see if I can find anything other than Santana...will report back.

7. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Such a random selection

8. psulioninks

So, I hit a second Walmart this morning - they had LPs, but none from this group. I was going to head home and remembered there was another store in a different town about five miles away - since I was out, I made the trip. This store had the smallest number of LPs from any of the three stores I visited. However, I found several items there:

Lady Gaga - Chromatica
    Needtobreathe - Out Of Body
    Katy Perry - Smile
    Santana - Greatest Hits

They had two copies of Santana. Again, both had creases on the cover - not sure what is up with this title. I passed on the three I found the other day, but grabbed these two. None of the other $1 titles had cover damage that I could see. So, in all I bought five LPs today for $5 and change:

[​IMG]

FYI, I scanned these in-store at one of there terminals to make sure they were $1 before heading to the checkout area. To summarize, I have never scanned an in stock item from the OP's list at either store that did not come up $1.

9. 12" 45rpm

12" 45rpm Forum Resident

Are any of the albums AAA or all digitally sourced?

10. thewonders

thewonders Someone that I used to know

I went back to my Walmart this morning but I don't know if the sale is still going on. The only record they had from the OP's list was the REM title - it was full price.

It seems to be hit and miss with the Walmart's that are running the sale.

hutlock likes this.
  11. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah, when I searched in the app, it brought up four different stores near me—two of them just had no info, but two of them said right there on the app that they were priced at $1. So you can always check that before you go driving around...

12. csaudvid

csaudvid Forum Resident

I use the phone app in TX mostly for paper goods and I've tried time and again to bring up LPs in a search for pickup to no avail. Can't imagine why that would change from state to state?

13. psulioninks

Are you using the "Pickup & delivery" or "Walmart.com" to search your stores?

14. csaudvid

csaudvid Forum Resident

Ahhh...$1.00 titles popped up in the app using Walmart.com and choosing pickup but availability is "unknown". I was searching pickup & delivery.

hutlock likes this.
  15. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

I hit two near me today. One didn't have any, but the other one had the Earl Sweatshirt and Needtobreath. Both a dollar.

16. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Just like Charlie Brown's "I got a rock," all I found in the local store was the Katy Perry album.

17. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

I got Josh Turner and Haim. Josh Turner is Walmart exclusive orange pressing. Would be willing to trade either for Beastie Boys or REM if anyone picks up an extra.

C Nick likes this.
  18. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Found Rush and Santana. None of the others. Would have liked the R.E.M., but for a $2 investment, I'm happy.

mur and ModernDayWarrior like this.
  19. psulioninks

Yeah, we got Santana coming out the a$$ in my neck of the woods!

20. U2Achtung1

U2Achtung1 Forum Resident

Damn, saw this too late. There weren't any when I went.

21. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

Does it really matter for $1? :biglaugh:

ModernDayWarrior, Dave S, mur and 3 others like this.
  22. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member Thread Starter

stingraex2000, hutlock and scottabs like this.
  23. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member Thread Starter

I will say though that sometimes you can’t trust it when it says Out Of Stock on these sites. My buddy said he found a Rush one this morning at one where it said out of stock. Use your discretion.

JasonA likes this.
  24. mur

mur Hyperactive!

I found Katy Perry and Lady Gaga, one at each first stores I stopped at. Struck out at the next 2 stores I went to. Cool finds for $2. Thanks to the OP!

25. csaudvid

csaudvid Forum Resident

Visited a store last night, another this morning and found nada but I did enjoy the hunt!
    And that's a slick SKU finding tool, thank you.

ModernDayWarrior likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.