$10 Led Zeppelin Classic Records Reissues! The Music.com

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by imarcq, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

I received similar reply to my email.
    2 records missing after 6 weeks so lodged a nondelivery dispute with Paypal. That gives them another 3 weeks to turn up before i have to escalate to a Claim.
    Could do without the botheration.

2. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley... Thread Starter

Good luck with that. I paid via VISA so no Paypal dispute. I'm only $22 out of pocket so if it does get lost I'll put it down to experience. I have no doubt that they have actually sent them. I do doubt whether we will get them any time soon. You live and learn I guess?

3. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

You can claim it off of VISA as well if they don't arrive. VISA might not claim against Themusic.com due to the small amount but they should give you you're money back.

This reminds me did anyone else notice that message when paying via paypal. It said something like "no refunds if paying via paypal". I thought yeah right. I paid via paypal anyway.

I hope you records show up guys.

4. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Yeh , you can file with your Credit card company .

5. imarcq

Thanks guys! I didn't realise that. I knew you had basic life insurance if you bought a flight with your card but not for any transaction. In which case why bother even using Paypal anyway? Maybe less hassle getting the cash back I guess? But thanks for the heads up. Hopefully no need but I guess after 6 weeks you kind of feel it's not coming any time soon or ever!

6. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

As far as I knew there was no international media mail? I thought surface shipping was removed from USPS a while ago. They only give me the option of air mail (first class) when I send records abroad.

7. imarcq

Thats strange. Themusic definitely says International Media Mail as the method of shipping because I checked my account. Maybe it's out of date and they use some other kind of equally snails pace courier. Camel Train perhaps? No that still might be a bit too fast for them lol!!!

8. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

The postage label on my package had this written on it "International Priority Air Mail".

I think they would have used the same service to send to you. Also checked and "International Media Mail" was the service listed on my invoice as well.

Eddie

9. imarcq

In that case I think mine went by "International NON-Priority Air Mail".
    I've forgotten what I ordered now as so many other things I ordered from elsewhere afterwards have all arrived beforehand. lol. I think it was Stephen Stills!!! haha Good job it wasn't one of the Led Zeps then I would have been mad - at least they came in 3 weeks.

Seeing as at least one other Aussie member ordered around the same time with no delivery either I don't think it's lost. Just badly delayed somewhere. The posties don't leave parcels outside peoples houses here if you are out. Sometimes the cards get lost or blown away. So thats a possibility. BUT due to the other person with no delivery I don't think that has happened to me. Sometimes Customs keep things hanging around here for a while - but not normally weeks. I don't think I'll order from themusic again though. I hope that everyone else has their items by now anyway.

10. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Well it took a month for the record to get from LA to Toronto so I guess priority means 4 weeks but in your case it might mean 8 weeks.

I'm definitely apprehensive about buying from them again. I think they maybe having some admin issues or something because I bought from them before and the lps arrived fairly soon. I don't recall any issues.

Maybe all the $10 sales caught them unprepared or something.

11. D Schnozzman

D Schnozzman Forum Resident

Just as an aside, I received one package a couple of weeks ago (not from themusic.com - this one was from secondspin.com) that took four months to get here. It was only a few CDs, mostly removed from their jewel cases, so quite a small parcel. This from a company that's very good with getting packages out the door in a timely fashion. No indication that it'd been routed via Sweden or wherever (as sometimes happens with Economy Air Mail).
    The one and only order I have placed at themusic.com was for a couple of The Who's 2004 concert CDs when they were half price around Christmas time. Took maybe four weeks to get here, which is at the later end of what I'd expect.
    Very rare that I'll have a parcel go missing. I think it's happened twice in the last six or seven years of regular online shopping (and I have my doubts that those were sent properly in the first place).

I do tend to fret about vinyl shipments that are late, though. You never know whether they're sititng in the sun somewhere under a consignment of cricket balls.:eek:

12. imarcq

At least it'll be nice and flat! What I hate is when the post handlers become self-appointed packaging strength testers! I'm sure that they climb to the highest place available and drop any parcels looking to contain vinyl directly on the corners to make the maximum dent! :D

13. imarcq

Did anyone else get their long awaited delivery yet? I've just filed a dispute with VISA as I've given up after almost 7 weeks now. Live and learn I guess?

14. imarcq

Anyone else???

15. Mondie

Mondie Forum Resident

l got a largish order of around 12 LPs mid week, it took about 3 weeks to get here. Two orders placed about 5 weeks ago are still coming. Its about normal for whatever cheap shipping The Music uses.

16. imarcq

It's kind of weird how some things arrive in about 3 weeks and others still taking over 6 weeks (in my case). Thanks for the update and hope hope it's all been worth the long wait!

17. Mondie

Mondie Forum Resident

The 12LP order was in a big box and was delivered by AAE. The smaller orders seem to get shipped through the mail but arrive from destinations in Europe, NZ even. They must get consolidated to a destination where the price is right, then shipped through the regular mail service from there.

I am yet to be let down by a CR pressing, l just just be lucky :)

18. imarcq

I guess as long as they don't sit in the back of a hot mail van or in the hold of a stuffy boat for 6 weeks all should be good! I got a DHL courier shipment of LP's in the week from another supplier and the box was really warm to the touch. It must have been right next to the engine or something. I wasn't happy but fortunately all the vinyl was OK. But thats the kind of disaster that can easily happen, especially here in Oz in the summer. Vinyl Soup! Hey thats a good name for a record store too lol!!!

19. imarcq

And finally about 7 weeks later my Stephen Stills LP from themusic arrives AT THE SAME TIME as two other parcels from two different suppliers - all from USA - and all at the 3-4 week wait stage. I'm sure that they all sit in customs waiting for clearance. But at least the classic LP from themusic has shown up and wasn't lost. And those bulletproof boxes have hopefully protected it too!

20. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

G'day,

There were rumours on the internets that Aus Post had a huge backlog of packages from the U.S. recently. Lots of stuff taking much longer than expected to clear customs, get sent out for delivery, etc. I'm guessing your shipments got caught up in that backlog.

--Geoff

21. imarcq

Ah-ha.....that would explain a great deal. Thanks for the heads up :)

22. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

Sounds about right - some packages from Amazon have taken more than a month to arrive lately.

23. imarcq

Yep I just pulled some more info from a Whirlpool forum thread. We can blame the soaring dollar for an increase in online purchases from USA, and AusPost for just not being able to cope with it all!

"I've spoken to 3 people (relative; friend and friend of friend) who works for Australia Post and they all confirm that AP has a mountain of stuff to process most likely from extra purchases due to high dollar.

I've got a $500 worth parcel that was sent out from LA on the 24 July and that's the last I heard of it according to USPS tracking website. I've purchases dozen of stuff over the years using USPS regular services and it's usually 6-11 days so this is the first.

The people I spoke to are very very confident the parcel will arrive safely. So for those people who are very concerned...give AP a few more weeks....remember that AP is not a private company. They don't have a real incentive to adapt to changes in circumstances . The people I spoke to said AP are trying to hire more stuff but this is nothing compared to the volume of stuffs coming in and there is no change of working practices to move things along quicker."

24. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

3 weeks was about the norm for Amazon to Perth. Currently 4 weeks plus, probably due to exactly the circumstances you quoted. A bit different from a couple of years ago when the AUS$ was worth US$0.56!

25. imarcq

I guess you can't blame people - I know that I grabbed a few bargains online while the opportunity for a favourable exchange rate bargain presented itself. If the rest of the country did the same thing I'm not surprised that the antiquated AP can't cope. Whats odd is that Amazon.co.uk still seems to whizz through in a couple of weeks or less. Sometimes it's been just a few days!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.