100 worst movies of all-time.*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Strat-Mangler, May 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

I'm able to testify about North (1994)......it was intented to be a cute and heartwarming fable directed by Rob Reiner with a sizable budget, but it turned out to be a horrendously bad movie. There was plenty of talent associated with the flick, but obviously talent wasn't enough for this bomb.

I believe it lost around 30 million dollars......ouch.

Showgirls (1995) is so bad it's laughable. Perhaps the cheesiest movie ever made.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  2. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

It should have been much funnier, but I did find it fitfully amusing, mainly because those actors are usually interesting in their own right. The script was weak, though. Not one of the worst films ever made, though.

I would, however, include The Happytime Murders in this list. Mindblowingly puerile and unclever. Its only bright spot is Maya Rudolph, who somehow manages to keep her chin up in the midst of this train wreck of bad ideas.

3. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Couldn't the list be filled with Steven Seagal movies?

Phil12, GodShifter and Matthew Tate like this.
  4. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

It didn't. A wretched excuse for a movie. A real head-scratcher.

5. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

The only one I’m 100% certain I saw is Exorcist II: The Heretic, and that’s because John Boorman directed it and Pauline Kael liked it. But it sucked.

If I saw any others, all memory has been erased.

6. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Right off the bat, with number 100 "The Pyramid" -- I actually watched that and thought it was really well done for a zero budget film So, there's a fail from the first go.

7. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

North is one of the very few movies that actually made me angry because of how bad it was.

8. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Yes, it sucked, but there really are way worse movies. I've seen 5 on the list and I'd only say 1 of them was truly worth of a bottom 100 rating. I give films like Manos a total pass - it's the ones with budgets and good casts and studio backing that incur my wrath.

Dudley Morris and wayneklein like this.
  9. Jerk The Handle

Jerk The Handle Electrician

I like both Troll movies :nauga:

10. Matt Richardson

Matt Richardson Forum Resident

I confess, I just watched this and enjoyed it...

Strat-Mangler and Matthew Tate like this.
  11. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Ah, I'm afraid you're wrong. :D

12. Dolemite isn't on the list. Big fail. That's one I watched recently that even pot couldn't save.

GodShifter likes this.
  13. Jazzmonkie

Jazzmonkie Forum Resident

I've only seen 5 from the list but it looked like only one was made before 1990. I guess that makes 1966 the beginning of time. ;)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  14. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Not the bees! NOT THE BEEssssarrgghghghghhgh

My faith is restored

Steve Litos and Strat-Mangler like this.
  15. socorro

socorro Forum Resident

I never saw the movie of Myra Breckinridge, but I thought the book was hilarious and weird.

16. I've seen some of these. I may get a lot of flack for this, but I disagree about "Police Academy 4", hey it may not be a work of art, but I've seen plenty of worse movies. I think anything that has "Rebel Wilson" should be on this list. I can't stand her, and I will not watch a movie if I know that she is in it.

17. bostonscoots

bostonscoots Forum Resident

Isn't it all a matter of opinion? I've seen Oscar-winning films I'd happily add to this list, none of which were nearly as entertaining as watching Sean Connery miraculously return from the dead in Highlander 2 or Al Pacino rap about coffee in Jack and Jill (or for that matter, Sean Connery wearing a Polar Bear suit in The Avengers).

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Oh, yeah; the book was great. Sadly, the movie wasn't even trying to live up to it.

19. finslaw

finslaw muzak to my ears

Going into this list I was just waiting for one entry that is blatantly false. People who claim to hate it tend to not actually understand it. That film is I Know Who Killed Me featured at #28, Roeper's least favorite movie of the decade and winner of record Razzies. All erroneous, Lohan is in fact fantastic in the role and if you think the ridiculous part are ridiculous...well yeah, because they didn't really happen. I don't want to play spoiler, but if you think the killer shown is the real killer, I disagree with you. A brilliant movie, in my top 40 horror movies of the decade.

SPECIES II - This is better and more fun than the original, great creature effects.
    LOOK WHO'S TALKING NOW - Yeah, so I hate the other ones but this is a great X-mas movie catering to the welfare crowd. Heartwarming and truly funny.

I also enjoyed the following well enough:

Wicker Man
    Shark Night
    Nothing But Trouble
    Blair Witch 2
    Weekend at Bernies 2
    Feardotcom
    The Apparition
    Stop or my Mom Will Shoot

GullGutt likes this.
  20. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

They used to talk about it on all of the talk shows. Out of curiosity, I did read the book...

21. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

More than I care to admit.

22. finslaw

finslaw muzak to my ears

I've seen 63 from the list. I know Uwe Boll movies in the top 10 get a lot of flack, but they are fun to watch IMO.

23. I can’t disagree with any single one of these choices.

24. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

I was holding my breath hoping that none of the Sharknado franchise was included. Love 'em all...

[​IMG]

Fastnbulbous likes this.
  25. rjp

rjp Senior Member

every jim carrey movie

every adam sandler movie

every drew barrymore movie - didn't she make the exact same movie about 50 times.

every melissa mccarthey movie

every will ferell movie

and every other fart/poop joke movie ever made.

that should be close to 100.

and please, i'm begging you all, don;t tell me about 'punch drunk love' or 'uncut gems' or "the truman show" or 'can you ever forgive me' etc etc. those movie were not really that difficult for any of them, they had been used to being in front of the camera and used to being directed.

people debase deniro for doing comedy, it just like that.

Lightworker and SandAndGlass like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.