$1000 uturn orbit budget

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by sigmafloyd, Oct 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd Active Member Thread Starter

I’m looking to build a system, already decided on the uturn orbit. What configuration and components would you recommend for a system to play Beatles, Dylan, some jazz etc in a small room. Looking for new and easily available components. Thanks!

2. elaterium

elaterium Forum Resident

Top of the line Orbit is around $600 I think. That’s with an Ortophon Blue and acrylic platter. Good starter turntable. You can get a cheap tube amp and bookshelf speakers for under $500 total that will probably make you happy.

3. SpeedMorris

SpeedMorris Forum Resident

It seems like Cambridge has come up with a very nice $350 integrated that has me pretty jazzed. See the audiophiliac's youtube review.

Cambridge Audio AXA35 Stereo integrated amplifier at Crutchfield

There are many nice <$400 budget speakers. PSB, NHT, Q Acoustics, Elac, Paradigm, JBL, Polk....

It's probably fair to say that quite a few posters have liked Wharfedale's Diamond line. I personally have to issue a disclaimer by pointing out that I own 2 pair. The 5" woofered 10.1 was $350, now $175. Sounds very nice, with excellent bass, in an 8 x 15' room. Too thin in my 12 x 13' foot space, which has a large opening to an adjacent room to one side. I have the $450, now $350, 225s in there and I'm quite fond of them. Nice full sound for the size and price. They lean to the relaxed side, but detail seems plentiful. (Easy to listen to, whatever they are.) They were replaced in the line by the $600 11.2, which now goes for $499 ($450 for an open box model). Stereophile's measurements and review description makes it look a bit leaner in the bass and more energetic in the treble.

Speakers | Shop High End Audio Equipment - Music Direct

Wharfedale Diamond 225 loudspeaker

Wharfedale Diamond 11.2 loudspeaker

Jimmy Disco D likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.