10cc Sheet Music on CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Togo, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Togo

Togo Same as it ever was Thread Starter

I love this album..has to be one of my all time greats. Problem is I can't find a decent copy on CD.

I currently have an EMI Originals/Disky "box set" that I picked up recently. This is simply a jewel case inside a box which sports the original cover and a couple of collectors cards featuring other albums...not very deluxe eh??!

It was pressed in Europe with what sounds like a tape glitch in the middle of "The Old Wild Men".

I know that DCC issued one very early on...but any help appreciated as always!

2. HeavyDistortion

HeavyDistortion Senior Member

Togo,

Definitely track down DCC's version, that was coupled with their first LP as well. Steve's mastering is superb. Also, the version that came out on Repertoire Records several years ago, mastered by Eroc, Grobschnitt's former drummer, sounds decent also; but it is not as warm and open as Steve's version. To me, "Sheet Music" is the definitive 10cc release.

HeavyDistortion

3. HeavyDistortion

Togo,

There is currently a sealed copy on eBay, Item 853881912, which is reasonably priced and ends on 3/31. If you are a huge fan of "Sheet Music", then you should definitely check out the DCC version.

HeavyDistortion

4. Togo

Thanks for that! I'll investigate.

5. Togo

Hi HeavyDistortion,
    Just wanted to say thank you so much again for the tip...I nabbed that baby last night. Can't wait to hear it..just a few shipping days away!
    :)

6. Mike

Mike New Member

7. Togo

Re: Remain Calm

Well done Mike! Win some lose some...I'm happy anyhow - if a little lighter in the wallet!

8. Mike

Mike New Member

Believe me, I have paid more than I should have more times than I care to mention. :D The aliens take control of my body and I am helpless!

9. HeavyDistortion

Togo,

Enjoy your 10cc CD; if you truly love "Sheet Music", then I believe that your money has been well spent!!

HeavyDistortion

10. HeavyDistortion

Togo,

I'm sorry that you missed out on the better deal that Mike pointed out; however, that item was not yet listed when I notified you of the eBay listing that you won. I do know think that you will really enjoy your CD; it should be like hearing "Sheet Music" for the first time.

HeavyDistortion

11. Mike

Mike New Member

Heavy:

It's the same seller who put up another one after the first one sold. So if anyone wants one, keep an eye out. He might have a bunch! :)

12. Togo

No worries...I'm really looking forward to hearing it!
    I'd rather that you had tipped me off about this than not...we all live and learn, but I'm happy anyhow!

Cheers:)

13. Togo

Have just received my copy of the DCC "Sheet Music" and it is great..as usual Steve's mastering is warm and involving.

Just one thing though, it appears to have that same tape glitch/wobble halfway through the "Old Wild Men" and I've also noticed one or two other so called "wobbly" tape moments...

Any ideas or thoughts on why that is the case...I used to own an LP version that played perfectly. Were the original masters damaged?

Just interested!:rolleyes:

14. Humorem

Humorem New Member

Probably just a "crease" in the tape from mishandling. It happens. Not much can be done about it.
    TP

15. Togo

Hi Tom,

Thanks for letting me know...I still love it anyway!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.