"20 Movies So Bad, They're Good"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Panama Hotel, Nov 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panama Hotel

Panama Hotel in transit to the Mars Thread Starter

Showgirls was a Joe Eszterhas joint. If you want more Eszterhas comedy, read his memoir. Just one haymaker after another. He's in class by himself.

2. Randall DeBouvre

Randall DeBouvre forum resident

reefer madness -
    it was intended to be an honest to john anti marijuana film. in the 1970s, it became a camp classic and a cult classic

3. JKCanuck

JKCanuck Forum Resident

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!
    The Blob (original with Steven McQueen!)
    I'll join the Roadhouse bandwagon too.... so bad....

4. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

Actually it's been well stated that Gina Gershon was fully aware what a camp fest she was making even though the rest of the cast seemed to think they were making high drama. Gina chews and hams it up, and its partially why shes a lot of people's favorite character.

Randall DeBouvre likes this.
  5. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

The movie is even worse (though awesomely bad). Rebel Wilson eating dancing cockroaches must be seen to be comprehended. My husband and I went to see it after hearing the bad reviews aware we were in for a future camp classic and we spent the entire movie laughing our asses off

Panama Hotel likes this.
  6. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

I am surprised The Fanatic with John Travolta hasnt yet become a camp so bad it's good classic. I mean his first line in the movie is "cant talk long, I gotta poo". And theres also a ridiculous sequence where Devon Sawa is in the car with his son talking about how amazing Limp Bizkit is (the film being directed by none other than Fred Durst).

7. With respect to the latter, I once read that director Paul Verhoeven picked what he considered second-rate actors for most of the key younger roles because he wanted to get an authentic B-movie feel.

8. bem

bem Forum Resident

I tried watching showgirls for the sleaze factor but got bored by it. Ugh. Watched Roadhouse with my wife who professed how hot Swayze was. We made it halfway through the first night before my wife gave up on it. I finished it the second night just laughing at the absurdity of it.

I absolutely love Plan 9. It is in a class all by itself and a true Ed Wood Jr. Classic.

9. Ignatius

Ignatius Forum Resident

"Mathematics! It's mathematics!"

Randall DeBouvre likes this.
  10. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

Tarantino made the best observation about Showgirls as an amazing camp dark comedy except for the rape scene that went too far, especially given the victim is the arguable moral compass of the movie and the sole character who isnt corrupt in some form.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.