2012 Beatles Help! Vinyl missing stereo text in upper right

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by muzzler, Mar 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muzzler

muzzler Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hello I’m a long time lurker. Between new posts and using the search function I’ve had most if not all my questions answered by you fine folks. I cannot for the life of me get the right search term to an answer that’s bugging me.

After dropping the ball and failing to locate a 2014 mono Help! I figured I’d just settle for the 2012 version rather than nothing. I placed an order at Walmart for the Help! (2012 stereo), LIB and AR. LIB and AR came perfect as I would hope with the made in Germany sticker on the back.

The Help! Album had the 2012 reissue sticker but was missing the stereo text in the upper right, was really flimsy and the record would not fit on the spindle. I brought it back. Every copy I’ve ever seen has the stereo text. What did I have?

2. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

The actual Lp was flimsy?

3. muzzler

muzzler Forum Resident Thread Starter

The sleeve

4. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

It should have the same consistency as the other two. Strange it should be "thinner". That's the one thing I always disliked about all European imports when they were rampant back in the 70's (UK, German, French..); I always took/take great care of my album covers but the EU ones required a great deal more TLC.
    Then of course we had the Japanese imports which had super thick covers but, in many cases, lousy cover-photo reproduction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.