2013 MFSL Listings (2013 MusicDirect Catalog)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by evad, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DPM

DPM Senior Member

2. spaulding

spaulding Hoi Polloi

Oh it's coming out on SACD as well - I was just noticing that it's the first Doobies to put on vinyl as well.
    Enjoy!

3. spaulding

spaulding Hoi Polloi

4. DPM

DPM Senior Member

Dude! You scared the crap out of me with that talk. :sweating: The reason being a couple of months ago I picked up the Mofi LP of The Cars debut, and the vinyl was noisy. A big disappointment there. Thanks for the clarification. :goodie: It is much appreciated.

5. spaulding

spaulding Hoi Polloi

Send that vinyl Cars back - that's the first I've heard of an issue and they did an amazing job on it - get your hands on a good copy.

6. glenecho

glenecho Forum Resident

I'm just happy as hell that we're going to get some hi-rez Manilow. Will be ordering that one asap.

7. hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408 Forum Resident

I am very excited about the upcoming Weezer MoFi's. I just ordered the Blue album on Sound Stage (my first Sound Stage order). I think ill be getting all of the new MoFi's. I might as well get the Lion and the Witch to make it a complete MoFi collection

8. RubenH

RubenH Forum Resident

Looking forward to a good SACD of Dylan's John Wesley Harding, since the 2003 sony SACD hybrid of this title is awful - basically Death By Harmonica.

art likes this.
  9. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Does that mean I can get my 20P2 disc back?:laugh:

10. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Just get any MCA original, are they not the same mastering? I was under the impression that the album had three masterings; original, disc with bonus tracks, gold Masterdisc?

11. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Right after Chris scatters my ashes, sure... :buttkick:

12. ccn103

ccn103 Senior Member

Yikes, 65 bones for Love is Hell....

13. Jim in Houston

Jim in Houston The Godfather of Alt-Country & Punk

Whew, I thought it was only me, the mono box is no picnic either. Just a harsh album all around.

14. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Is it a double?

15. spaulding

spaulding Hoi Polloi

check the link - it's a triple!

16. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Ok - I see. I have the CD release - it's on 2 CDs (called EP). The MFSL is a triple album.

17. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Good news! Bring on the SACDs!

18. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I'm looking forward to that one, too. His voice in hi-rez could be true reference material.

19. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

I'm excited about the Allman Brothers "Eat A Peach" and "Brothers & Sisters" SACD's, but it's kinda' bittersweet for since I recently paid some serious cash for those on original Japanese CD's (which both sound excellent.) But I'm planning on getting the MFSL's too.

What the hell. :p

Blue Collar Man likes this.
  20. hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408 Forum Resident

I just placed my order for the TBA release date of all 3 upcoming Weezer MoFi's. The description said pre-order now for a low limited edition number. The discount code worked so I only ended up paying about $3 in shipping. Thought it was a great deal and jumped on it.

21. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

Amen. I thought it was great otherwise, but as soon as that harmonica hits, it's almost unlistenable, and I'm not an audiophile.

22. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

The original CBS CD...recommended by Steve is the only listenable digital offering. Really.

23. jjay

jjay Forum Resident

Looking forward to a good SACD of Dylan's John Wesley Harding, since the 2003 sony SACD hybrid of this title is awful - basically Death By Harmonica.​
    +1 I hope MFSL can do something with this harmonica on JWH. The music is great but that harmonica is way too out front for my tastes.

24. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

Just because it's a triple doesn't mean the Ryan Adams is worth $65!!! For that price I'd like 45rpm all analogue please, not Silver Series.

25. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

This new list is great but how long has it been now that CTA and Chicago II have been listed as new releases and they are nowhere to be found.

JF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.