2016 Paul McCartney compilation album - "Pure McCartney" *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by KaptKopter, Mar 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

2 B-sides and 2 unreleased songs would have made this a much cooler collection. And one of the Costello tracks from Flowers in the Dirt, maybe a weird remix of a Rushes Fireman track....As is..eh...it's a playlist you can make on Spotify.

The cover is pretty dang cool though. I like the artwork!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    andrewskyDE, Matthew Tate and TimM like this.
  2. TimM

TimM Senior Member

It could have been much cooler, career defining even. As it is it feels thrown together.

Matthew Tate and beatleroadie like this.
  3. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

I think the "mixtape" idea is a fine one especially if its really Paul picking them and having input on the running order---that's actually way cool.

It just needed some more curveballs and a little unreleased material. Also a more personal touch to the design. Like, it's Paul's tracklists, so have him hand write all the song titles.

Also, a series or have the albums sort of separate by era but packaged together. So the songs bounce around a lot within each era, but there'd be roughly a 70s mix, an 80s mix, a 90s-early 2000s mix, then a Chaos-Present Day mix....something like that.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  4. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

I kinda like it. The curvy, thin font is easy on the eye and it looks classy. Paul seems to have a thing for that.

I do think the inner sleeves should have been open on top. They’re wide enough for a cd to roll out at the side if you’re not careful enough.

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.