2018...And Still Not On CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rjp, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Lands End Drums

Lands End Drums Forum Resident

I know the chances of it ever happening are about as good as my winning the lottery but I would LOVE to see a CD release of Christian Death's Inhaling The Smoke Of A Dead Man! They only made 75 cassette copies to sell at a gig in London in 1986.

[​IMG]

2. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

Still annoyed that one of my favourite soundtracks continues to be out of print for decades. There was a CD for it issued for Europe only. As far as I am aware it didn't make it to the UK. Grrrrr. Well still have my vinyl copy and it still sounds great.

[​IMG]

marcfeld69 and Chris Bernhardt like this.
  3. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

I'm glad I bought the BARRY LYNDON soundtrack when I saw it on CD.

4. Brian Barker

Brian Barker "No matter where you go, there you are"

The first three albums by The Call. Self titled debut, Modern Romans and Scene Beyond Dreams.

5. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

It's been just over thirty-five years since the release of The Parachute Club's debut album and neither this nor their follow-up album has seen the light of day on cd.
    So, The Parachute Club and At the Feet of the Moon.

Surly likes this.
  6. Surly

Surly Bon Viv-oh-no-he-didn't

I mention The Payola$ every time these threads pop up. I just listened to Bob Rock on The Hustle podcast and he stated that he mastered the albums for CD many years ago but they never came out. He said something along the lines of "There was interest at the label, but then there was a change of management and suddenly it was 'The Payola$? Who are they?'"

So, I bring this up again just in case any of our friends on here with reissue labels are still looking for ideas!

davers, rikki nadir, Queezma and 3 others like this.
  7. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Just listened to this great podcast. Thanks! Really cool conversation. I've never heard of Payola. Great story on the name and A&R guy being very offended. ;)

Surly likes this.
  8. deredordica

deredordica Music Freak

How's the sound on that?

9. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Dire Straits - ExtendeddancEPlay

davers, c-eling and Galley like this.
  10. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident

Is there a 2019 thread?

11. bataclan2002

bataclan2002 All You Need Is Now.

Alicia Bridges’ self titled from 1978 with the ubiquitous “I Love The Night Life (Disco Round)” still isn’t on CD.

ispace likes this.
  12. marcfeld69

marcfeld69 Forum Resident

I just picked up the US Burbank second press. Sounds very good to my ears and it was very cheap!

13. englishbob

marcfeld69 likes this.
  14. marcfeld69

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    englishbob likes this.
  15. leshafunk

leshafunk Forum Resident

Just clicked...

[​IMG]

marcfeld69 likes this.
  16. englishbob

I've got the UK one with the pictures all the way around the outside and then the white cover one from Japan. Prefer the Japan one because its just flawless, and it much better condition than my UK one.

Not sure on that mono one. Being a Kubrick film soundtrack it is possible that a lot of it is already in mono, most of his films where in mono (Even his last film if I remember correctly)

marcfeld69 likes this.
  17. marcfeld69

That’s cleared up, then!

18. Djoek

Djoek Forum Resident

≥ Barry Lyndon Soundtrack From A Film By Stanley Kubrick - Cd's | Filmmuziek en Soundtracks - Marktplaats.nl

19. Ed Straker

Ed Straker Well-Known Member

This i
    Fiction Tales is sooo overdue for a digital release. It's a crime it's not better known and distributed.

patient_ot likes this.
  20. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Missing Badges however.
    The old CD-V
    [​IMG]

davers, Galley and FVDnz like this.
  21. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Trans-X Living On Video, 1986
    Original comp configuration. The later 93 contains a bunch of remixes.
    [​IMG]

davers likes this.
  22. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Scott from this forum had it planned on his Rubellan label but sadly isn't proceeding with it.

Ed Straker likes this.
  23. sajmon

sajmon Active Member

24. Ed Straker

Ed Straker Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember/know if there was ever a digital release of Pink Military's Do Animals Believe in God?
    While not great, it was a good quirky post-punk album for a few moments.

25. Scott Davies

Scott Davies Forum Resident

I'm not sure if you saw the last update from a couple of months ago but I finally managed to get a response from Universal and signed 4 new preliminary deals. I will confirm that Modern Eon is one of them. However, because it's always something, Universal appear to be back to their old ways because I've asked a couple of simple questions over the intervening weeks, including the idea of possibly adding BBC sessions to some of my releases, but have not received a single response, even after multiple inquiries. So while I was hoping things were back on track, it seems that things are pretty much the same. With the lack of response to anything since the signed deals, I'm not even sure if any of those are moving through the process. All I can do is sit back, and either I will eventually hear if something clears or I will be left in limbo wondering WTF is going on.

patient_ot, Ed Straker and Jim B. like this.