2018...And Still Not On CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rjp, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Clarkophile

Clarkophile Through the Morning, Through the Night

Any idea why the Headboys album never made it to CD? Love that record.
    [​IMG]

PJayBe likes this.
  2. Ed Straker

Ed Straker Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info - and how disappointing. I can only imagine how interesting any BBC sessions must be. Thanks and good luck!

patient_ot likes this.
  3. peterpyser

peterpyser Forum Resident

4. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

5. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

The first two Love Generation albums

6. deredordica

deredordica Music Freak

I've gotten to the point where I don't even care if something still hasn't come out on CD, because I love how vinyl rips to CD-R sound in my car, and because when things finally do appear on CD, they're usually too loud or brickwalled.

This morning I I finally got around to making a CD-R of The Boomtown Rats from vinyl, with about a dozen B-sides taken from singles and EPs. I took the "remastered" CD out of its case and replaced it with my new CD-R. The original disc is now in storage in a plastic spindle of other crappy remasters I replaced with excellent vinyl rips.

GerryO, dbsea and c-eling like this.
  7. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

If this is addressed somewhere in this thread I apologize, but why does the Doors' 13 need a CD release?

Hammerpeg and deredordica like this.
  8. c-eling

Been doing this for years and agree, especially for b-sides and 12 inch mixes that weren't released digitally before modern mastering kicked in.
    My transfer of 87's Figures On A Beach-Standing on Ceremony, trumps the 2008 CD Wounded Bird did.
    Why Sire didn't release this on cd back then is a mystery.

patient_ot, Paul King and deredordica like this.
  9. Rockford & Roll

Rockford & Roll Forum Resident

Nice list. I'm so glad to see the Seger records on here. It's a mystery why they haven't been reissued.

Smackswell likes this.
  10. c-eling

Incredible the SQ differences between Do It Again/Haitian Divorce and Dallas/Sail The Waterway on +Fours

11. Fannymac

Fannymac Forum Resident

DYAN DIAMOND ~ "In The Dark"

A TRUE lost gem from the 70's!

phillyal1 likes this.
  12. deredordica

deredordica Music Freak

If you had it on vinyl when it came out and it was a favorite, you'd naturally want a CD release of it--this is why Beatles albums had US and UK versions on CD--people wanted the one they wanted.

limoges likes this.
  13. Trainspotting

[​IMG]
    Except there's a difference in mixes between a lot of those UK vs US Beatles LPs. In the case of 13, those are the exact same mixes which are on the other LPs/CDs. Why not print out an LP cover scan from the internet and compile your own playlist with the 13 songs and make yourself a CD-R?

Here ya go:

[​IMG]

deredordica and Sean like this.
  14. deredordica

deredordica Music Freak

You vastly overestimate the skills, knowledge, and financial status of some. I finally bought a Tascam CD recorder, before which I could never have made a CD-R. Nor can I scan covers and print with my phone.

15. Trainspotting

Lol. One can print from a Kinko's or various other places far cheaper than the cost of a CD. And most people have computers. You plug the disc player in and make the CD-R from the playlist. iTunes is a free download, you can do it from there.

It's not rocket science, nor does it take a lot of money.

phillyal1 likes this.
  16. deredordica

deredordica Music Freak

As a librarian, I am biased from working all day long with people who don't have computers, or internet access, or who even know how to use a mouse (roughly 25% of the population). You'd probably be surprised by how many people here on this forum have never used iTunes (myself included). The very thought of converting my collection of 2,500 albums and CDs to mp3 sounds, well, unappealing. I tried messing around with them years ago, but was put off by the sound quality, creating or correcting metadata, and just the sheer amount of time dealing with it all. And then once I had them, I never felt like listening to music that way. To me, nothing beats playing a record at home, or listening to a CD in the car.

Mr__Hump and danasgoodstuff like this.
  17. The complete debut album of The Seeds, in stereo, on CD in the U.S. No missing songs. Still not available here.
    Disgraceful.

patient_ot likes this.
  18. Mmmmmthe back for that,looks different from mine. I believe I have the UK onemthat was pressed in Swindon. No (Knock on wood) rot yet. I added Badges from the CD single for On Every Street.

c-eling likes this.
  19. Sebastian saglimbenI

Sebastian saglimbenI Forum Resident

I may have posted this dream issue before but please please somebody issue on c.d. "IT'S ONLY A MOVIE" by THE RAYBEATS....I beg rhino...norton....sundazed....anyone!!

phillyal1 likes this.
  20. c-eling

Luckily I haven't either with my old UK PDO's.
    Hey, my old On Every Street only has Private, Sultans and Romeo (wtf) :laugh:

21. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

Unavailable for nearly 40 years :shake:

[​IMG]

22. mr. k

mr. k Master of the Rummage (retired)

23. There may have been more than one CD single.

24. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Still have the LP - and my homemade CD-R.

25. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

Time to renew the complaint: Two McCartney-related titles: Twin Freaks and Concert for the Peoples of Kampuchea. Each of them out on regular-release vinyl in their day...