2018 – Pre-orders, rumours, hopes dream and aspirations

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Kiss73, Nov 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

melstapler likes this.
  2. Delta Steve

Delta Steve Forum Resident

Neil Young Archives
    He asks in desperation

3. factory44

factory44 Forum Resident

It’s about time for volume 2 in the Go-Betweens box set series. Fingers firmly crossed!

4. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

Among my hopes dream and aspirations

- Creedence Clearwater Revival: 50th anniversary CD, DVD/Blu Ray and book releases
    I even started a thread about that

Creedence Clearwater Revival 50 anniversary 2018 - What would you love to have?

- Genesis: Deluxe Steven Wilson remixes CD + DVD/Blu Ray. Also Audio Fidelity SACDs with original mixes mastered by our host. The Complete BBC Sessions 1970-1972 incl. Jackson Tapes WITHOUT NOISE REDUCTION.

- Simon & Garfunkel: Mono SACD collection. Audio Fidelity mastered by our host. Including 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' singles + quad.

- Pink Floyd: 'Meddle', 'Animals' immersion sets. 'Delicate Sound of Thunder' and 'Pulse' on Blu Ray with new transfer and edit, incl. full concerts and promo videos, with loads of material. 'Live at Pompeii 1972' with DECENT audio mix at last.

- Led Zeppelin: 'How The East Was Won'. Live in Japan 1971 3CD + DVD/Blu Ray.

- AC/DC: The Bon Scott era Audio Fidelity SACDs. Incl. original Australian tracklist. Of course, mastered by our host.

- Dire Straits: The MFSL SACDs at last!. Wembley 1985 on Blu Ray/DVD

- The Beatles: 'Anthology' newly edited on Blu Ray/DVD box set. With LOADS of full performances, extras, outtakes, etc. Incl. book and poster.

- Oasis: 'Definitely Maybe' and 'What's The Story' SACDs Audio Fidelity.

- Queen: 'Hammersmith 1979' on Blu Ray/DVD + 2 CD. Same with 'Houston 1977'. Of course, without brickwalling audio

- Scorpions: 'Fly To The Rainbow', 'In Trance', 'Taken By Force', 'Tokyo Tapes', 'Lovedrive', 'Best of Scorpions Vol2' and 'Crazy World' Audio Fidelity SACD. The long-time rumored 'Tokyo Tapes' FOOTAGE on Blu Ray/DVD.

- Radiohead: 'Ok Computer' and 'The Bends' mixed by Steven Wilson. With LOADS of extra material. Glastonbury 1997 on Blu Ray/DVD.

- Porcupine Tree: 'In Abstentia' newly mixed with full dynamic range.

- Jean Luc Ponty: The Atlantic years albums on SACD MFSL or Audio Fidelity or Analogue Productions.

- Bon Jovi: The complete video collection 1984 to present days on Blu Ray/DVD. incl. new mixes. 'Slippery When Wet', 'New Jersey', 'Keep The Faith' and 'Crossroad' on SACD Audio Fidelity

- Big Big Train: 'The Underfall Yard' newly remastered with full dynamic range

- George Harrison: 'All Things Must Pass' newly mixed in stereo and 5.1 Blu Ray/DVD + CD box set. Loads of demos, outtakes, alt mixes, etc

- Yes: More Audio Fidelity SACDs incl 'Yessongs', 'Time and A Word', etc. Mastered by our host

- Bryan Adams: 'Waking Up The Neighbours' and 'So Far So Good' on SACD Audio Fidelity

- Camel: The Steven Wilson remixes boxes

etc, etc

5. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

Among my hopes dream and aspirations

- Creedence Clearwater Revival: 50th anniversary CD, DVD/Blu Ray and book releases
    I even started a thread about that

Creedence Clearwater Revival 50 anniversary 2018 - What would you love to have?

- Genesis: Deluxe Steven Wilson remixes CD + DVD/Blu Ray. Also Audio Fidelity SACDs with original mixes mastered by our host. The Complete BBC Sessions 1970-1972 incl. Jackson Tapes WITHOUT NOISE REDUCTION.

- Simon & Garfunkel: Mono SACD collection. Audio Fidelity mastered by our host. Including 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' singles + quad.

- Pink Floyd: 'Meddle', 'Animals' immersion sets. 'Delicate Sound of Thunder' and 'Pulse' on Blu Ray with new transfer and edit, incl. full concerts and promo videos, with loads of material. 'Live at Pompeii 1972' with DECENT audio mix at last.

- Led Zeppelin: 'How The East Was Won'. Live in Japan 1971 3CD + DVD/Blu Ray.

- AC/DC: The Bon Scott era Audio Fidelity SACDs. Incl. original Australian tracklist. Of course, mastered by our host.

- Dire Straits: The MFSL SACDs at last!. Wembley 1985 on Blu Ray/DVD

- The Beatles: 'Anthology' newly edited on Blu Ray/DVD box set. With LOADS of full performances, extras, outtakes, etc. Incl. book and poster.

- Oasis: 'Definitely Maybe' and 'What's The Story' SACDs Audio Fidelity.

- Queen: 'Hammersmith 1979' on Blu Ray/DVD + 2 CD. Same with 'Houston 1977'. Of course, without brickwalling audio

- Scorpions: 'Fly To The Rainbow', 'In Trance', 'Taken By Force', 'Tokyo Tapes', 'Lovedrive', 'Best of Scorpions Vol2' and 'Crazy World' Audio Fidelity SACD. The long-time rumored 'Tokyo Tapes' FOOTAGE on Blu Ray/DVD.

- Radiohead: 'Ok Computer' and 'The Bends' mixed by Steven Wilson. With LOADS of extra material. Glastonbury 1997 on Blu Ray/DVD.

- Porcupine Tree: 'In Abstentia' newly mixed with full dynamic range.

- Jean Luc Ponty: The Atlantic years albums on SACD MFSL or Audio Fidelity or Analogue Productions.

- Bon Jovi: The complete video collection 1984 to present days on Blu Ray/DVD. incl. new mixes. 'Slippery When Wet', 'New Jersey', 'Keep The Faith' and 'Crossroad' on SACD Audio Fidelity

- Big Big Train: 'The Underfall Yard' newly remastered with full dynamic range

- George Harrison: 'All Things Must Pass' newly mixed in stereo and 5.1 Blu Ray/DVD + CD box set. Loads of demos, outtakes, alt mixes, etc

- Yes: More Audio Fidelity SACDs incl 'Yessongs', 'Time and A Word', etc. Mastered by our host

- Bryan Adams: 'Waking Up The Neighbours' and 'So Far So Good' on SACD Audio Fidelity

- Camel: The Steven Wilson remixes boxes

etc, etc

RangerXT, Kiss73 and Rufus rag like this.
  6. Etienne Hanratty

Etienne Hanratty Forum Resident

I was expecting a new Half Man Half Biscuit album this year, given they’ve been on a 3 year cycle since 2002.

Also, I’d be quite keen to hear the second volume of the Bruce Springsteen remasters box set. I may be being unduly optimistic but I’d love to hear a version of Tunnel Of Love rescued from its 1980s morass.

johnnybrum likes this.
  7. Deano6

Deano6 Forum Resident

Hopes and Dreams:

Somebody please do Pure Prairie League - Bustin' Out, preferably on vinyl. Are you listening Shane from Intervention?

AlmanacZinger and Kiss73 like this.
  8. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Beggars Banquet Box :D

footlooseman, ponkine and Kiss73 like this.
  9. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

I would like to see Pink Floyd do a CD reissue of A Saucerful Of Secrets in it's UK mono mix and maybe add some extra goodies. Since mono has been the buzz for sometime, why not this album? It certainly deserves it.

TakiJones, mando_dan, bagstiv and 2 others like this.
  10. Fletch

Fletch Senior Member

Isn’t this happening on December 1st?

11. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident

12. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

Hopefully we'll finally get that new Paul McCartney album, and maybe a new Archive Collection release.

White Album 50th Anniversary release with remixes and unreleased material.

A new George Harrison release with unreleased material.

Some sort of new David Bowie material, as long as he gave the consent for it to be releaed.

qtrules and RockRoom like this.
  13. abluesky

abluesky Forum Resident

The latest MD catalog notes S&G's Parsley Sage... and Bridge MFSL releases yet nothing via the website...etc. Interesting.

14. RockRoom

RockRoom I Love My Dog

Small Faces-Autumn Stone

Some sort of Band archive release, maybe the Hawks box?

Doors Isle of Wight 1970

Neil Archives

McCartney - Red Rose Speedway Archive release?

footlooseman, qtrules and Kiss73 like this.
  15. Rufus rag

Rufus rag Forum Resident

Super duper expanded Cooper-Killer & Schools's Out

Kiss73 and Sean like this.
  16. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

I'm looking forward to...

anything Jethro Tull put out - Heavy Horses Book and anything else they release.
    Todd Rundgren SACD's.
    Paul McCartney's new album - some time in 2018.
    At least one McCartney archive set.
    Frank Zappa Lumpy Gravy Primordial RSD 2018 Coloured Vinyl
    The Beatles - Carnival of Light 10" Neon Psychadelic Vinyl RSD 2018...:D

qtrules likes this.
  17. ccbarr

ccbarr Forum Resident

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  18. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

Hoped for:

Dion - Complete Columbia Sessions box set.

19. Overthehillsandfaraway

Overthehillsandfaraway Forum Resident

Prince - an idea of what really is in those vaults, mostly rumours at the mo

20. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident

Still hoping Tears for Fears releases Seeds of Love remixed by Steven Wilson soon. There already done with it, I just wish they released it already.

21. Subvet

Subvet Forum Resident

I believe Richard also said he would be touring with a band. That's my hope.

I'd also like to see a Springsteen Volume 2 vinyl box.

footlooseman likes this.
  22. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Of course my constant dream is a deluxe re-issue of

Buckingham Nicks.

How long do we have to wait for that???

Sean, aoxomoxoa and AlmanacZinger like this.
  23. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

Any particular reason? Pretty readily available, anywhere you look.

24. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

Hoped for:
    The Peter Laughner box that Smog Veil has been promising for the last 10 years.
    The Death Of Samantha catalog.

25. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

I believe that he's touring with his 'power trio' ... and he's going to be at Cropredy in a non-anniversary year, so yes, an album is near certain.

Confirmed:
    • John Zorn's Masada Book 3 (Book of Beriah) which should be a box of about eleven discs by a range of performers, coming out some time around Easter.
    • The Fleetwood Mac boxed set in January (already pre-ordered)
    Wishlist:
    • A Grateful Dead boxed set from the band's earlier period.
    • A major new Nick Cave release to coincide with his headlining gig at Victoria Park next Summer.
    • The semi-announced Mansun Six remix by Steven Wilson

footlooseman and Subvet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.