2019 Beatles UK Singles boxed set (Was: "Beatles Mystery Boxed Set")*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Monasmee, Jun 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Thanks.

But gosh, would it be too hard to stock a little MUSIC?

BeatleJWOL and 389 Tripower like this.
  2. Francisx

Francisx Forum Resident

I really enjoy Michale Fremer's You Tube videos with his takes on recent releases. I give him credit for being an expert! Do I agree with him all the time? Of course not!
    In this case, I think Apple hit it out of the park! It is a great sounding set. It looks really cool! And for crying out loud it's'THE BEATLES".

rollo5 and mihu like this.
  3. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

That's like shopping at a Disney store that doesn't sell the movies...... just the merch. I would think the new "Abbey Road" editions and the singles box would at least be available.

BeatleJWOL and SunSon like this.
  4. nightenrock

nightenrock Forum Resident

Good point. Forgot for moment, about those “restorations.”

5. HarvG

HarvG Senior Member

Just received an email today from uDiscoverMusic. :cry:

“We are reaching out to you in regards to your order #UDISC13394 containing The Beatles' Singles Collection Box Set.

More units are on the way! Your order is looking like it will ship on or around January 24th. We understand that orders may be intended as holiday gifts and truly apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.”

Patience is a virtue.....?

milo likes this.
  6. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

I finally acquired a warp free box!

A friend who received the box as an unwanted gift let me inspect the singles, all good and sold me the box set for £80!

Now that's what I call a bargain!

7. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

It is ridiculous that this is the sort of length you have to go to to get a usable product !
    Still you have so please enjoy

peace and love✌Dave

richierichie and Jonpd like this.
  8. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

I feel bad for the person who got him such a nice expensive gift only for it to be sold for nearly half the price so quickly lol!

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  9. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

Hope everyone is still enjoying this Beatles singles set....... or will be in a few days, if they receive it as a Christmas gift!

10. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

Yep, got me some egg nog with a little bourbon in it and lit up a green bowl plus some EPs.
    The black box World Records have as much depth as you've ever heard on a 45.
    [​IMG]

forthlin and joeislive like this.
  11. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

Sounds groovy! I'm still waiting for my "World Records" set to arrive from the UK. I hope it gets here safely during the Christmas rush.

SunSon likes this.
  12. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I had a chance to pick up the world records box a couple months ago for under $100 and I passed because I knew they were releasing the new set.
    Man was that a mistake.

13. WaxHammer

WaxHammer Forum Resident

Big Mistake!!!

14. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Right because that so it’s only been about 100 bucks for years but now that Fremer has been talking about it it’s going for $300

15. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

So I should think about selling!

16. B. Bu Po

B. Bu Po Senior Member

Maybe fresh stock means no warped records? Here's hoping.

vinylbeat and HarvG like this.
  17. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

It's not "going" for $300, one person is trying to sell it for $300 on Discogs. They probably aren't going to get it. One sold for $300 in November, but it was a M/NM copy and really quite nice, and currently is the highest price anyone has paid for it by about $100. Most of them sell for around $150.

18. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

I got mine from a reputable Beatles eBay seller in the UK for $158.00 shipped to the US. Records are said to be in excellent shape and box looks about VG+. I should hopefully have it in a day or so as it's already gone through ISC in Chicago. Maybe I'll get it on Xmas Eve!

19. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

$300, what a freaking joke. $100-$150 is more than a fair price.

vinylbeat likes this.
  20. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

I agree. Hopefully the "Fremer Effect" will be short lived and the prices on the "World Records" set will return to normal.

Not everyone selling this set are aware of his praise for it or who he even is. Reasonably priced examples are out there.......good luck!

Tommyboy likes this.
  21. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

I have 2 World Records singles boxes. After the holidaze I will be listing one.
    Not looking to make anything on it, I'd just like to pass it along to someone who would appreciate it and take care of it to be passed on to the next generation of Beatles fanatics.

22. Arnold Grove

Nice!

23. RobCooper

RobCooper Cobwebs & Strange

It’s Christmas Day and this was an unexpected gift from the other half! Before I go mad searching, has it been discussed why the We Can Work It Out sleeve looks like a pixelated lo res result from a Google image search?!?

24. Arnold Grove

Yes. It has been discussed. It looks like "a pixelated lo res result from a Google image search" because it might actually be "a pixelated lo res result from a Google image search".

Probably the same person who okayed the poor artwork for the We Can Work It Out /Day Tripper sleeve in this box set also approved the scratchy version of the "Penny Lane" promo in the Deluxe Pepper box set.

;)

25. RobCooper

RobCooper Cobwebs & Strange

such a shame because I love the sleeves and the spines. Eager to start listening this evening!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.