2021's David Bowie box set 5 (Speculation Thread)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Slave2chaos, Jul 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildstar

wildstar Senior Member

Which is why I said its a stretch, but that is what a lot of people in this (and other Bowie) threads keep saying that its relevant to the next box as the start of Tin Machine since it was the first thing with Gabrels on it which led to the formation of Tin Machine. I don't buy that as valid enough of a reason to include on the next box - especially if its a Tin Machine box.

By the logic that it belongs with Tin Machine because of Gabrels, then I suppose "Hours" also belongs on a Tin Machine box since Gabrels is on that as well...

2. shadow blaster

shadow blaster Forum Resident

It does seem that TM will be in the next box, looking at all the activity that is going on. I cannot really see it being TM only though. My guess is it will cover 1989-1993.
    S +V tour saved for RSD 2020 or in the box? No idea. I would prefer a stand alone release but we'll see.

Dbstay likes this.
  3. xj32

xj32 Forum Resident

They probably won't, but they should just do 1989 - 1999. Tin Machine through Hours and call it the Reeves Gabrels Years.

marc with a c and QueenVault like this.
  4. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

Sounds quite sensible, however they don't like to cover so many albums in each set. But I definitely like your idea.

Adam Bosman likes this.
  5. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Just listened to "Cracked Actor", and DB introduces JIODA as a song from an album "we just finished".

6. JimmyP

JimmyP Active Member

I'm terribly sorry to be cheeky, but I don't suppose you could post the listings of your other self-compiled Re:Call discs could you? I have been trying to arrange my own collection of Ryko bonuses etc. that are not in the new remastered sets into similar extra bonus Re:Call discs but had trouble working out what should go with what. The listings you posted were really useful (in that I basically just copied them :) ). If you do post the others, thanks in advance. If not, thanks for posting these!

7. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

8. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Hep Alien, pcox80, ad180 and 5 others like this.
  9. sore_and_crucified

sore_and_crucified Forum Resident

We must be getting close to an announcement now. Does anyone else feel slightly underwhelmed by announcements because we have had such a flood of those individual vinyl sets?

FourWalledWorld likes this.
  10. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

No yet!
    Maybe after this one.
    Purely because the contents of this set are so uncertain. The box afterwards will be less... erm whelming!

11. Daledebil

Daledebil Well-Known Member

I don't know it there will be a Tin Machine Box or not, but in mi opinion there will be two more bowie boxes.
    One for the 90,s stuff, from Black Tie white noise to Hours, and the second onu for the last stuff from Heathen to Black Star.
    If there is a Tin Machine Box now or in the future ,probably will be focus only in the group material.
    I hard wisth is that the next box will be focus in the 90's stuff.
    The box will include
    - Black Tie White Noise
    - Budday of SUburbia
    - 1. Outside
    - Earthling
    - Hours
    As bonus we can have
    - an extension of 1.Outside from the sessions or, even, the projected original double album.
    - Fame 90 EP or I'm afraid of Americans EP
    - Maybe a double live from the S+V tour (Tokyo Dome?)
    - REcall: 5 can be really massive, as we have de Ryko bonus, but a lot of mixes too from the singles.

12. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

I think it’s clear that at least tin machine’s first album, made under the Bowie contract, will be in the next box. I base my opinion on the magazine articles and the online release of their promo video and it’s legally a Bowie album. I don’t know about the other tin machine LP’s?

13. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

I'm afraid you may be right. And my other fear is a BTWN remix. Only a Toy release could make it worthwhile, but that's probably not up to Parlo.

14. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Surely they will do all Tin Machine or no Tin Machine.

15. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

We have always been at war with Tin Machine.

Adam Bosman and Rooster_Ties like this.
  16. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

One would hope so, however, does it make financial sense? Including the other tin machine albums means Bowie’s estate will have to pay the other members a larger % of royalties per box and I don’t see the inclusion of those albums increasing sales.

17. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

I really thought we would get a Tin Machine only mini-box sometime this summer. It seems weird to me to bundle them with BTWM, etc. I hope we get them either way. Perhaps re-labeled as David Bowie w/ Tin Machine and crammed in with BTWN-Earthling. Other than Reeves, Hours seems to fit more with Heathen-Blackstar to me.

18. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Given some of the s*** Bowie did as a solo artist at times (yip I get it..... everything was amazing!!) , I could never understand the dislike of Tin Machine by Bowie fans. Still can't. ....how can you not love Prisoner of Love, Bus Stop, Amlapura, Goodbye Mr Ed???? How can you not find value in these albums?

19. IMHO, "Amlapura" is one of the more underrated tracks in the entire Bowie catalog, far as I'm concerned. Seems like something that might have fit quite nicely on the Buddha soundtrack. Not the most 'Tin Machine'-sounding track ever, I'll admit.

Dbstay likes this.
  20. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Love Tin Machine - was just making a (failed) joke.

21. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

I got it. ;)

TonyCzar likes this.
  22. Dbstay

Dbstay Senior Member

This song is fantastic.

Rooster_Ties likes this.
  23. Scott S.

Scott S. lead singer for the best indie band on earth

24. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Any idea why there hasn't been an announcement yet?

25. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

Loving The Alien was announced in mid-July, so we still have about another month if they're sticking to a schedule

Colinjpush likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.