2021's David Bowie box set 5 (Speculation Thread)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Slave2chaos, Jul 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weaviewonder

Weaviewonder Well-Known Member

The time period is too long covering too many album releases. Pure guess but maybe a Tin Machine box set covering 1989 to 1991 for a Christmas release since I think they are going to need Christmas to sell Tin Machine albums. And then maybe next summer we will have a 1992 to 1997, ie. Cool World through to Earthling. Or maybe, they have just completely stopped now. Anyone remember the Platinum series? They always seem to stop at Never Let Me Down with compilations. The Nothing Has Changed compilation was a surprise since it covered the different music labels which gives me some hope that these box sets will go all the way to 2016.

2. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

That is a gross exaggeration, they're not worlds apart, especially compared to Ryko vs Virgin vs Parlo.

3. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

Except that Glastonbury 2000, as an unreleased performance, wasn't likely to be included in a forthcoming box set, whereas VH1 has already been released and therefore should be one of the live albums in the box set for that time period. This is assuming that the 'rules' for previous box sets still apply of course!

Curveboy likes this.
  4. muzzer

muzzer Forum Resident

What are the sales figures for the boxes to date, both vinyl and CD? Anyone know? That might drive whether they push on to cover the later eras, a lot of which is still available, but which will surely only be of interest to more hardcore fans, who’ve already also got the hard to find material in pretty good quality. Just putting it out there.

5. Azorbz

Azorbz Forum Resident

Will the VH1 Storytellers be available online, or is it exclusive to shops?

6. Phillip Walch

Phillip Walch Forum Resident

7. MGW

MGW Less travelling, more listening

Seems a real shame to simply bin the stuff when someone could get value from it. Especially the case as we seek greater sustainability of resource use.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Wilco, Solsbury Hill and croquetlawns like this.
  8. LesMcQueen

LesMcQueen Forum Resident

It took seconds of your time to take his life, seconds of your time...for a second.

Markyp likes this.
  9. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

How Dare you.

LesMcQueen likes this.
  10. Azorbz

Azorbz Forum Resident

11. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

And he said he preferred Pepsi but we all know he preferred coke!:D

This thread is making me feel like.....
    [​IMG]

12. footprintsinthesand

... smoking and other hobbies

[​IMG]

scobb and Phillip Walch like this.
  13. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

An album title and cover right there! Maybe that will be the bonus in the 1. Outside box?

14. footprintsinthesand

Yes, for the Unplugged album version

15. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

There is enough format wars in this place, can we not?

Slave2chaos likes this.
  16. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Yeah, I am trying to find good homes for as much as I can - laying waste to music is barbaric - but for Reasons, the whole thing proves a bit exhausting at times. And believe me, the records I played like mad as a teen are mostly as common as dirt and well lived in. Tossing the LKJ was just me taking a look at the size of the hoard and just deciding on that particular day, "Forget it." I didn't want to handle it again.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    MGW likes this.
  17. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Forum Resident

Do you have them on the right foot?

Cat People likes this.
  18. NightGoatToCairo

I only take orders from Gorts ;)

19. Sedwards

Sedwards Senior Member

Goodwill or Salvation Army if you are out of options and there's one nearby. Stays out of a landfill, goes to a good cause and you get a tax deduction for a charitable donation. That's where my unwanted vinyl goes.

MGW likes this.
  20. NightGoatToCairo

2 weeks from now and I'll toss those into the trash bin.

21. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Just like this Storytellers should have been announced on Friday, but was announced early because of some online store putting it up early, I would say that they aren't allowed to talk about any box set until Parlophone lifts an embargo on it (if there is a box set of course). So for now, we just have Blammo's (Mark Adams) "It aint over til it's over" comment.

Markyp and SoundandVision1984 like this.
  22. MGW

MGW Less travelling, more listening

In the UK the person who donates does not get a tax deduction. The charity that you donate to gets the tax deduction (i.e. the government gives them some of the tax that you gave already paid). Seems more appropriate and in the spirit.

About the only thing right with the UK at present.

Zongadude and Eric_Generic like this.
  23. mishima's dog

mishima's dog Forum Resident

Followed by a ceremonial bonfire while chanting ashes to ashes, funk to funky by any chance? I like to think that’s what they did with the man himself.

MGW likes this.
  24. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

Trying not to be discouraged by the non-announcement + grasping at straws = The VH1 vinyl is not a deal breaker for a new box...when was the A Realty Tour LP reissue announced in relation to box sets(?)

Fingers crossed for a new Space Oddity mix

25. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

What is happening?
    Three major annoncements (Bowie / Pink Floyd and Tool) and nothing has been leaked? Where are the good old days when sometimes new releases were weeks ahead available (promo copies).

NunoBento and Adam Bosman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.