2021 Rock And Roll Hall of Fame Ballot

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by KJTC, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Rick Robson

Rick Robson

"Just because a song has "rock" in the title doesn't make it a rock song! ... dude"?

2. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Oh I have a list ready :)

3. Kris-AOTY

Kris-AOTY Guard the Spark

This would lead to a dark day in the future where Buddy Holly gets expelled so we can induct Maroon 5.

That would also be the day I move out to my Unibomber shack and plot revenge on society.

4. Rick Robson

Rick Robson

Sigh.... nothing new here when it comes to just everything music related these days LOL. Oh well...

I'm definitely out, this thing stinks...

5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Maybe we should expel a member of the SHF every time a new member joins.

I'll volunteer to be on the committee to choose the ejectees! :D

ARK, Geee!, boboquisp and 1 other person like this.
  6. Rick Robson

Rick Robson

Oh sure I'd be the first to request my ejection from this Ball of Shame... :laugh:

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  7. Kris-AOTY

I’ve literally only been on this forum a couple of weeks and, while I get that there are a lot of graybeards here listening to their old Jethro Tull albums for the 7 millionth time, if I can’t make a “Maroon 5 kinda sucks” joke without being accused of being everything wrong with SHF, maybe I’m the one who ought to leave.

Dudley Morris likes this.
  8. Rick Robson

Rick Robson

Hey who said that? I'd like to know. I mean who accused you?

9. Kris-AOTY

Maybe I’m misunderstanding your response . It sounded like you were saying my comment was indicative of the forum’s grump approach to new music and it made you want to leave. Did I misunderstand?

10. Rick Robson

Rick Robson

Completely. What I meant is that your last statement was a genuine reflection of what's ultimately going on in the web respect to music discussions, pretty sad but true! And all that stinky jazz about this "Ball of Shame" (IMO) is just another pretext for that.
    But I agree, you're completely right re: your example of Maroon 5.

Kris-AOTY likes this.
  11. Kris-AOTY

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Hey, it happens!

Rick Robson likes this.
  12. Davido

Davido ...assign someone to butter your muffin?

Finally, some meaningful and helpful dialogue. If only...

Kris-AOTY and Rick Robson like this.
  13. Jack Lord

Jack Lord Forum Resident

And my point is to lighten up.

If you don't like what someone posts, inform a mod or ignore it. I am sure you can do that 77 jillion times. :p

Rick Robson likes this.
  14. radickeyfan

radickeyfan Forum Resident

not opinion, fact....do not want to drop names, by I am friendly with someone fairly high up...It is very simple , they would have split the vote this year , and neither would have been inducted

Steve Mc and JoeRockhead like this.
  15. More Than A Feeling

More Than A Feeling Little River, Big Adventures!

@radickeyfan Who was discussed when it came to 70s artists? Did any arena rockers(Boston, Foreigner, Bad Company) come up?

MikeVielhaber likes this.
  16. radickeyfan

Trust me...

17. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead Forum Resident

This forum excels at pushing away people with actual inside information. That is why you hardly ever get any on here. This clueless response is just the latest example.

18. radickeyfan

I know someone joked , Boston would be in if they stopped at the 1st album. What you are going to see soon , just like the Baseball HOF ....is Veterans Com. ....looking at overlooked artists from the 50s to the 70s ...they would be straight inductees....and the voting aspect, can really be centered on 80s forward...after all , 1980 is 40+ years already

KJTC likes this.
  19. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

I think the Replacements' chance has probably come and gone. They had some momentum going with the reunion tour at the time of their nomination and still didn't get in. Without something happening to kind of generate some kind of buzz again I think that's probably it for them. Plus the band is totally indifferent to it which probably doesn't help their chances. No way would you ever catch any of them soliciting fan votes on Instagram or any of that like some bands do.

ILovethebassclarinet likes this.
  20. KJTC

KJTC Forum Resident Thread Starter

That is a great approach that I hope takes off. I’d love to see them formalize it, and make artists after a certain year be by popular vote, and before that year by committee.

radickeyfan likes this.
  21. More Than A Feeling

More Than A Feeling Little River, Big Adventures!

What if instead of the fan vote being 1 ballot they made fans able to decide the veterans committee?

22. JeffHunt

JeffHunt Stray Cat Strutting

I have to imagine that Lenny Kravitz will be inducted within the next 5 years as well. He has the sales and the longevity and more than meets the qualifications.

ARK likes this.
  23. Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley America’s Favorite Game Show Host

Interesting... Curious to see if that means Joe Cocker (Who’s never even been nominated) finally getting in, and The Monkees as well. Cocker’s resume is strong enough, and he’s got his supporters (Billy Joel, among them).

The Monkees also deserve in. Given the songwriters who helped out on 2016’s terrific Good Times! album, I have to figure they’d have their supporters too. Little Steven, Elvis Costello, Michael Stipe and Peter Buck would likely be in their corner as well.

Oh, and I bet there’d be a lot of love for Harry Nilsson also!

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  24. Oatsdad

If people can continue to post "change the name" comments, I can continue to comment on them.

If you don't like the comments, inform a mod or ignore it.

25. Oatsdad

We'll know before too long, but I just don't believe it's already a determined done deal that Bangles will be inducted next year...